Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Growing up I suffered a multitude of head injuries and concussions, some maybe not so bad but others very serious (one caused me to have a seizure). And I'm willing to bet that it's a major contributing factor as to why i'm here today. So would anyone happen to know any support groups (U.S. based) for people who have sustained major head injuries and any recommended treatments? Thank you.

steve_s5

steve_s5

Student
Nov 5, 2020

Maybe it helps. Did you ever think about going to a gym? (for example, to a professional couch ). It could for sure help.
The best address in the United States for seeking help for treatment for brain injury is https://www.biausa.org/find-bia

Reactions: Cathy Ames
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I am sorry that you had to experience such bad things and are struggling with these consequences.

For me, sometimes attending support groups is helpful because then I don't feel so alone with the problem.

I don't live in the USA, but if I type in Google: Self-help group craniocerebral trauma then some stuff comes up in Germany. Maybe try it for the US and get lucky? Otherwise, maybe a support group for trauma victims or for victims of violent parents would be something for you?

Your cognitive problems don't necessarily have to come from the physical injuries, it may also be due to the mental trauma. Mental problems can make you all broken in the head.

I'm sorry I don't have anything concrete for you! I wish you very much, you can find help and other people in real life, who are in some points similar to you.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Bumping this to see if any of our newer members have anything to add.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Seems a good time to bump this again. Anyone?

• Love
Reactions: Green Destiny