IQLESS

IQLESS

Oct 25, 2021
Just wondering,
I recently picked up smoking / vaping. Nicotine has really been helping with anxiety and stress, personally I smoke Marlboro Reds, they don't cost too much where I live. What do you smoke? How long have you been smoking? What are your favourite cigs?

Reactions: lobster salad, filthyrottendirty and Brick In The Wall
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore but I do still vape. Back when I used to smoke cigarettes I would mainly smoke L&M greens and Newport menthols. Now all I do is vape on these new breeze pro disposable vapes and they really help me get through the day. I also occasionally smoke weed.

• Hugs
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Brick In The Wall and IQLESS
IQLESS

IQLESS

Oct 25, 2021
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore but I do still vape. Back when I used to smoke cigarettes I would mainly smoke L&M greens and Newport menthols. Now all I do is vape on these new breeze pro disposable vapes and they really help me get through the day. I also occasionally smoke weed.
Yeah same, really help me througg the day. I can't smoke wherever the fuck and also I still try to hide it from people around me so disposable vapes ftw amr.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
How do you feel about weed? Also have you had any experiences with any other drugs/mind altering substances?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
DIP GANG WHERE YOU AT?!?$
skoal_wintergreen_lc_200824_feb_2020.jpg

Reactions: IQLESS
J

JustMissed

One more round
Nov 18, 2021
Used to smoke pretty heavily (1-2 packs a day for about 15 years) but picked up vaping a couple of years ago. Originally picked it up to help me quit smoking but now I just vape all day instead

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I smoke roll ups but intend to get another vaper if l can find one that isn't ridiculously expensive and falls apart after 3 months!

R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
I'm a camper, used to smoke. I've thought about quitting but it's really the only good part of my day these days, so... Not going to happen anytime soon. Although I am getting some chest congestion recently and it's annoying, under the circumstances, to cough on public. Yes, I'm dying people, but not in a way that's contagious.

Reactions: filthyrottendirty and IQLESS
IQLESS

IQLESS

Oct 25, 2021
DIP GANG WHERE YOU AT?!?$
skoal_wintergreen_lc_200824_feb_2020.jpg
I occasionally do snus if I get my hands on a pack
How do you feel about weed? Also have you had any experiences with any other drugs/mind altering substances?
Positively, I tried weed for the first time about a month ago, not really a great experience and I think It could've been laced, I was absolutely baked, barely got home. I'm smoking some more this weekend. I'm also trying shrooms and lsd at some point, also probably some molly

Last edited:
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
i like malboro nxt the most i've been smoking for three years i quit it for a year and started again last week

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I hate both.

Vape culture is dangerous, from shorting batteries and poorly built "mods" to lung infections and the obsession with it and people forcing people to vape or smoke or whatever.

Cigarettes are nasty. But I have a problem with not smoking because of the anxiety and oral fixation and anger in general.

I really knew my mother was evil from the get go but it was even worse as a child seeing her kick back and smoke. I didn't understand the "why" of it, or lying about it.

It can also be an arsonists favorite thing to do.

Some smokers are iconic in a 1950's rose colored lens type of way.

Sometimes smoking is a deterrent, clothes stink, means stay away from me. Or an excuse to leave a room, or a situation you don't want to be in such as unwanted sex. Smoking is also a "social" activity.

Smoking can be self sabotage, in the form of oxidation of cells in the body. It can be a stimulant to keep you awake.

It's very destructive and counterproductive.

God only knows why we haven't invented a lung tar vacuum yet.

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I started smoking off-and-on when I was 18, but I didn't actually admit that I was addicted until I was 20. I LOVED (and still love) Belmont cigarettes with the charcoal filters... they're Canadian cigarettes. I also smoked DuMaurier (nice, sturdy filters and rich taste) and Next golds (cheaper, but didn't taste like it). I'd buy Camel blues every once in a blue moon as a treat.

When I'd go to the states, I was all about the American Spirits in the yellow box, Marlboro Menthol 100s and Newport 100s. If I was there for more than a couple days I'd bring back a carton of Newport 100s into Canada duty-free, lol.

I haven't smoked cigarettes for a couple of years now, because I'd have to regularly go outside to do it and I'm too sick to stand and tolerate the head rush at the same time, and I don't like the way it makes me smell... so, I exclusively vape now, which I can do in my bed. I originally picked it up to help me quit smoking, but then I just got addicted to the vape instead. I usually vape just tobacco or menthol flavour with nicotine salts. If I am ever going to smoke cigarettes again, though, it's gonna be Camel blues... but my vape is satisfying as it is. At the end of the day I'm an addict, so as long as I get the nicotine, I don't really care how I get it. It helps SLIGHTLY with pain management, and at this point I just take whatever relief I can get, because I'm in so much pain.

ascetic_

ascetic_

Metaphysically Homeless
Aug 28, 2021
I used to be a smoker and then quit in 2013.

I tried to smoke some CBD "neurogettes" recently but they tasted awful and made my chest hurt a bit afterward.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I quit smoking. I got sick of people blaming all my problems on my (as a rule) meager habit of less than 10 per day. I use a vape semi regularly but it tends to make me feel sick. I don't particularly enjoy it.

What I do enjoy is the fact that none of my so called, "tobacco related" problems have changed in any way since I've quit and it's rather fun to watch people squirm when they can't scapegoat me. Often they go for the alternative, "Do you drink?", and the answer is unequivocally "no".

Now I do miss tobacco, it's a nice relaxing interlude and there's plenty of evidence that it can help control anxiety and stress hormones. So I do occasionally miss having the opportunity to nip anxiety etc in the bud. But it's not worth the opportunity it provides medical professionals or "NHS Angels"( as they have been referred to over here), to dismiss every symptom I have as the results of "tobacco misuse".

Anyone who is embarking on or considering taking up smoking, I would advise to consider the possibility that it could be used against you in the most surreal ways sometimes. I suspect it's gotten to the point where if I suffered a broken arm, it would be due to smoking.

I do wonder what will be the next thing they decide cause my symptoms. Coca-Cola misuse maybe?