ezraeil

ezraeil

selfish and weak
Nov 15, 2023
I'm grateful enough to have somethings i have already in life. Some don't even have that, but the realization of life is basically worthless and we are all just basically "animals" but we have better brains and we can think more. I genuinely love some parts of life but in the end does it really matter and me attempting to CTB and leaving my family, friends and life behind considered selfish? I really only want to CTB because i don't see point in anything. It doesn't matter if you die old or young, you WILL die someday and saying you should enjoy life is dumb to me when your NEVER gonna remember, understand or even have anything to do with your life when your dead. I actually hate myself for this but this is my perceptive, id love to hear others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, 0000000000000, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
shiny_quill

shiny_quill

Jun 21, 2023
I think there is no shame in being mere animals, in fact that might be one of the aspect of life I enjoy most for my part. As for "What is the point" to life, I don't think there is one universal answer. I personally work by milestone, only have one more to go before I have achieved everything I wanted but I know others might feel they have a specific purpose or are on Earth at this time for a specific reason. It varies from person to person and if you like some aspects of life or are doubtful about suicide, I hope you can find a reason, because there is no going back.

Reactions: ezraeil
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
If you had enough money (maybe at least 8 zeros) , healthy enough and the time to embark on new experiences, or love what you do then I guess its worthwhile. But if you are grinding some dead end job just making ends meet, sitting at home because you are "retired" or have serious health problems, then no.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thefinalcut, shiny_quill and ezraeil
ezraeil

ezraeil

selfish and weak
Nov 15, 2023
I think there is no shame in being mere animals, in fact that might be one of the aspect of life I enjoy most for my part. As for "What is the point" to life, I don't think there is one universal answer. I personally work by milestone, only have one more to go before I have achieved everything I wanted but I know others might feel they have a specific purpose or are on Earth at this time for a specific reason. It varies from person to person and if you like some aspects of life or are doubtful about suicide, I hope you can find a reason, because there is no going back.
That's also another annoying thing, we never know what's going on after. Can we go back? Can we enjoy a better life when we commit suicide? Can we FINALLY be happy? Its also adding up for me to the "no point in life". Thank you for sharing your perspective though, i very much appreciate it.
If you had enough money (maybe at least 8 zeros) , healthy enough and the time to embark on new experiences, or love what you do then I guess its worthwhile. But if you are grinding some dead end job just making ends meet or have serious health problems, then no.
Exactly, in this life you NEED money. You NEED health. You NEED "looks". Without them there is never any point and they all end in misery without them. Unless you get lucky and win the lottery or something.

shiny_quill

shiny_quill

Jun 21, 2023
That's also another annoying thing, we never know what's going on after. Can we go back? Can we enjoy a better life when we commit suicide? Can we FINALLY be happy? Its also adding up for me to the "no point in life". Thank you for sharing your perspective though, i very much appreciate it.
Whatever comes next, either nothing or something is scary. Nothing means that everyone you ever lost is, in fact, lost forever, no seeing them ever again. But something means more (or at least longer) awareness, and therefore more chances to suffer which isn't great either.

Reactions: 0000000000000 and ezraeil
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023

Exactly, in this life you NEED money. You NEED health. You NEED "looks". Without them there is never any point and they all end in misery without them. Unless you get lucky and win the lottery or something.
I think you are missing the point. Committing suicide isn't about going to a better place and being happy. Its about making a proactive choice to go to a state of non-existence because we refuse to continue to participate in a pointless, painful existence that this world has us imprisoned.

Reactions: thefinalcut, Deleted member 65988, Glandular and 2 others
ezraeil

ezraeil

selfish and weak
Nov 15, 2023
I think you are missing the point. Committing suicide isn't about going to a better place and being happy. Its about making a proactive choice to go to a state of non-existence because we refuse to continue to participate in a pointless, painful existence that this world has us imprisoned.
I mean true but it differs for everyone im sure. But the thread i made is exactly for this, I see NO point in life either than maybe family? But i understand what you mean.

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
That is a decision each must make for themselves. One must weight the pros and cons. Personally, we think no for us, even excluding events of this year. We have a lot of mental issues, and a lot of physical pain that we already can't manage. There is no way we want to add "old" on top of that. We also show early signs of schizophrenia, and that tends to get a lot worse with age. (might just be the stress, but this isn't the first period of our life they have presented) So for us, getting old is not worth it.
Our overall outlook on life is that it is absolutely meaningless aside from the meaning we make of it while we are here. One massive cosmic coincidence with no intent behind it. In the end, the beautiful stars don't even know we exist even as we gaze upon them through tear filled eyes.

• Love
thefinalcut

thefinalcut

Invisible
Nov 6, 2023
This is where I am. Family is the only reason that comes to mind that would make me stick around. However, at some point you cross that threshold where the decline in quality of life as we age overcomes any positives.. which (for me anyway) have dwindled at the same time. No matter how hard you try, it's coming. And with life circumstances such as they are for me now (preceded by a lifetime of more suicidal ideation than not), I often have this unbearable weariness. If I had resources as were mentioned above, that would likely change things a little. I could afford to really milk those positive, distracting experiences that life has to offer those with paychecks. But I am sure I would eventually come right back to the same place, especially in those moments of quiet where the loneliness is so sharply felt along with a lifetime of regret.

Damn... really feeling the need to be erased after writing this...

• Hugs
Reactions: ezraeil and Deleted member 65988
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I see getting older as something that is best avoided no matter what. All that existing is, is just undesirable and meaningless suffering all with the risk of ending up in a much more torturous situation always being there.

I find it terrifying how a human can potentially exist for so long, the thought of reaching an older age disturbs me, I will always prefer the sound of eternal nothingness. To me suicide is suffering prevention, in my case it only feels rational wishing for death to escape from the futility and cruelty of existing.

• Love
Reactions: ezraeil and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Committing suicide isn't about going to a better place and being happy. Its about making a proactive choice to go to a state of non-existence because we refuse to continue to participate in a pointless, painful existence that this world has us imprisoned.
Spot on.

• Hugs