S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
I have a daughter who will be two next month and she's my only reason I'm alive at this moment. But are there any parents that are still planning CTB even though they have kids? I was supposed to go into an inpatient psych facility today but they surprisingly don't take my insurance. Perhaps it's a sign?

Reactions: imrantahir1208, mutterbutter and Amyend88
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I have children but they are adults with independent lives. Having nursed my grandmother through her final days, I will not be dying from old age. It's a terrible fate, that robbed a proud woman of her dignity.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Yup, I have two dependent kids. It brings a whole different dynamic into the CTB thought process.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
Yup, I have two dependent kids. It brings a whole different dynamic into the CTB thought process.
How old are your kids? I'm hoping that mine won't be too fucked up over my death because she won't even remember me, right?

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Hi there, I'm also a mother to a teenage girl, but she's been at Uni a while now, so it doesn't affect my decision as much as when she relied on me for everything. She doesn't know of my struggles, because I've been strong for her.

Reactions: Thalassa
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
How old are your kids? I'm hoping that mine won't be too fucked up over my death because she won't even remember me, right?
Mine are tween/ younger teen.

Probably not what you want to hear, but my brother in law died naturally and left a 2 and 1 year old. While they don't remember him, they've had a fair few mental health issues related to his death - probably due to his mother's ongoing reaction. So, unfortunately it's not just how much they remember you, but the impact your death might have on the wider family.

I'm struggling immensely with this, as I know the impact it will cause on my children. But, I'm trying to weigh that up against my suicidal ideation. I flit between, not my problem - I'll be dead and they'll be better if I stayed even though I may not be able to give them everything they need emotionally and I'll be miserable. I didn't bring them into this world to hurt them, but I wasn't suicidal back then.

• Love
Reactions: mutterbutter, Lookoutbelow and Siderly
nihilismandcoffee

nihilismandcoffee

Oct 29, 2023
I have a daughter who will be two next month and she's my only reason I'm alive at this moment. But are there any parents that are still planning CTB even though they have kids? I was supposed to go into an inpatient psych facility today but they surprisingly don't take my insurance. Perhaps it's a sign?
Parent of two kiddos. One in their mid twenties and one in their late twenties. Honestly, I don't know if I'm still here due to fear of hurting them or that I haven't really had the guts to do anything for real yet. I don't like the thought of hurting them by checking out, but I know I don't want to deal with this "life" any more either.

It's a tough decision to have to make for sure.

I

imrantahir1208

Oct 22, 2023
I have 2 girls, 14 and 10. One of the reasons why I'm in the process of ctb is because I think they will have a better life then me continuing to push my existence on them. It will probably be rough for some weeks but overall their life in the mid to long term will be better.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I have 2 girls, 14 and 10. One of the reasons why I'm in the process of ctb is because I think they will have a better life then me continuing to push my existence on them. It will probably be rough for some weeks but overall their life in the mid to long term will be better.
I have 2 girls 13 and 10. I tell my ex that the pain they will experience from me killing myself will be much less than watching me slow spiral to my death over many years.

Reactions: peace_van and imrantahir1208