liquidcherry

liquidcherry

Dec 11, 2023
I am a substance abuse counselor intern, been in the field for almost two years now. In school for a BSW and hoping to eventually become a LCSW. Battled suicidal ideation and an attempt about 10 years ago in high school that landed me in the troubled teen industry, which fucked me up more. The thoughts of suicide are recurrent and I cannot seem to get away. It's funny that I work with clients presenting with co-occurring disorders like substance abuse and schizoaffective disorders, major depressive disorders, anxiety, PTSD, BP1, etc. and can't seem to regulate myself despite also getting professional help and being on medication. Just wondering if anyone else here works in the MH field and has similar experiences or feelings. I empathize with people who have attempted suicide and feel like ultimately (maybe) if I'm ever brave enough, one day that will be how I move on. Death is inevitable anyway but there is a peaceful allure to it. Like a warm blanket on a cold day. Sometimes I feel at peace knowing I won't be around forever. Take care of yourselves in whatever you choose to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Redacted24, fh871 and 3 others