nonie

nonie

Oct 9, 2023
^?

I've been emetophobic for as long as I can remember, and it has a wild effect on how I live my life. I can't eat or go in public like a normal person out of fear of getting sick from someone/something. It just makes enjoying the enjoyable things about life so hard.

Emetophobia is the fear of vomiting, just to let y'all know :)

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: irregularreconcile, Lostandlooking, consider and 6 others
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I've never felt phobic about emesis, but I do hate the feeling of it. Honestly, I'd rather die than vomit. I passed out during a blood draw last year, when I came to I started violently wretching up bile for what felt like an eternity. It was the absolute worst. I would've welcomed a gunman at that point.

I didn't come away from that with emetophobia, strangely. I do have a very strong fear of fainting though, especially while driving. And no, I don't really drive anymore.

šŸ«‚

Edit: apparently I am 'asthenophobic.'

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: consider, psychoticxerror and nonie
antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
Yup hello. I used to panic extremely when someone vomited near to me and I always ran away, still like that but not as severe. I also avoid it for myself as good as I can. Also hate going to places where drunk people are bc I always fear that they might vomit. I don't want to change this because why should I? Lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Foreverix, consider and psychoticxerror
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Yup hello. I used to panic extremely when someone vomited near to me and I always ran away, still like that but not as severe. I also avoid it for myself as good as I can. Also hate going to places where drunk people are bc I always fear that they might vomit. I don't want to change this because why should I? Lol
Drunk peeps are the pits anyways! Terribly annoying. I've always been put off by the word-vomit and shrieking laughter that comes with intoxication.

gardenfairy

gardenfairy

ź’°į¢. .į¢ź’±ā‚ŠĖšāŠ¹
Oct 7, 2023
i'm emetophobic too. my emetophobia actually led to me developing agoraphobia so i truly understand how much it sucks to not be able to enjoy things like other people :( the silly thing is that the fear ruining our lives is NEVER as bad as it seems when it actually happens

• Hugs
Reactions: nonie
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Absolutely. I was always that way. Even as a child, I used to have very severe panic attacks If my stomach hurt even just a tiny bit, and, even the simple thought of vomiting, or vomit, would send me through a spiral of anxiety and tears

I'm definitely trying to deal with it now. But, I do everything in the world to not get a stomach ache. I have so many food rules, never eating too much, never eating greasy, never eating new food, never eating at night
In my mind, a stomachache will hurt more than shooting myself in the leg

Sometimes I like to think of myself as a victorian child, if my stomach is a little bit upset, and will and shall die

• Hugs
Reactions: nonie and gardenfairy
C

CtlvrX

Sep 30, 2023
Me too. And it's frustrating that no therapist couldn't help me yet. I know how hard it is to have this anxiety.

• Love
Reactions: LivideLamb and nonie
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I hate the feeling of vomiting.

Reactions: LivideLamb and nonie