qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Student
Jul 27, 2024
I'm a Christian, and I'm wondering if there are any other Christians here. I don't intend to proselytize at all, don't worry! Just wanted to see if there are other Christians on this forum, and how you might reconcile your suicidality with your faith.

Reactions: NoPoint280491, glitteryaliens, Heavy Rain and 1 other person
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
This topic comes up every so often, you're certainly not alone in navigating faith and suicidality. If you don't have access to the search function yet, try using a normal search engine:
christian site:sanctioned-suicide.net

I'm not Christian myself but I do have a deep interest in all things Christianity, and have just recently finished reading The Bible. I personally have found a lot of solace in Ecclesiastes and Job.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I hold a basic Christian belief/faith and believe He would/will understand when the time comes to CTB . I will probably find out soon enough as I feel CTB is coming near now.

Reactions: glitteryaliens and Alexei_Kirillov
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
I personally have found a lot of solace in Ecclesiastes and Job.
ecclesiastes is very comforting for me, but most of my christian friends find it unsettling and boring. i think it hits diff for a suicidal mindset tho, you have to be really disillusioned w the world to connect with it

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
Hi there :)
Yes I'm a Christian.
I didn't grew up very Christian.
I became Christian after I almost killed myself.

To your last question, as you can see, I'm here.
So it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Not at all
My life didn't become easy
It's been really hard lately
But we're not promised an easy life in this world
I go through lots of cycles of feeling lost and regaining hope
It's a constant battle
But 7 years later, Im still here

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
ecclesiastes is very comforting for me, but most of my christian friends find it unsettling and boring. i think it hits diff for a suicidal mindset tho, you have to be really disillusioned w the world to connect with it
Another user posted one of my favourite quotes from it the other day:

"And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 4:2)

Reactions: NoPoint280491, lemonbunny and KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I'm a Christian, and I'm wondering if there are any other Christians here. I don't intend to proselytize at all, don't worry! Just wanted to see if there are other Christians on this forum, and how you might reconcile your suicidality with your faith.
Yes, I'm a Christian. I don't know how I reconcile my suicidal ideation with my beliefs other than noticing that Scripture is not that clear about it compared to how murder of others is a sin. Violating someone else's consent seems to be what is defined clearly as sin much more than what we do to our own bodies. I rather see my CONTINUED existance as a harm to others since I am mentally so weak that I can't do anything but am just a drain on others and society.
It's ironic how many Christians are so focused on THIS life and THIS world even though Scripture says it will all soon pass away and there will be a new resurrected life from God on a new (restored) earth.