CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I would imagine that this is a rather common trait among suicidal people. If the answer is yes then why?

Reactions: suicidal_joe, DrownedOctopus, Maximoo and 13 others
elizabeth.luck

elizabeth.luck

Eliminate your map.
Mar 10, 2019
Yes. I have difficulty with basic times sometimes, I've heard it described as "brain fog." I have lots of ambition and have had dreams to do lots of things in my life but I know I can't do any of them which is one of my main reasons to CTB. I'm just a waste of space at this point.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, suicidal_joe, Maximoo and 12 others
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Yes. I have difficulty with basic times sometimes, I've heard it described as "brain fog." I have lots of ambition and have had dreams to do lots of things in my life but I know I can't do any of them which is one of my main reasons to CTB. I'm just a waste of space at this point.
Dreaming big while struggling with the basics is sadly relatable for me. Thanks for introducing the word "brain fog" for me as it may be something I have.

Reactions: AtomicNewt, crea_the_hopeless, AnnihilatedAnna and 6 others
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
tl;dr: feeling inferior, being treated as inferior, trying to struggle though life as inferior, etc., makes a life not worth living in.

long version:
It differs for different people, but I've realized I don't feel I matter initially because that's the way my parents treated me. It would be small things, like ordering a table of foods that I don't eat. Or burdening me with adult issues as if I didn't have my own needs, wants, and issues. And when it happens enough I unconsciously believed it.

And when the inferiority comes from the way your parents treat you, you aren't told that there's something wrong with them. You're told that you're parents love you, are doing the best they can, etc. Therefore, you start to think something is wrong with you, not them. In fact, you can be told that you're the one who needs therapy. No one tells you that's you're parents can be crappy or wrong.

And then it spreads. When you've been treated as inferior and believe it, you may not feel like you have a right to or understand good friends or relationships. People treat you like crap, and you mostly endure it. You don't feel like your hurt matters as much as other people's feelings or that you have enough right to say something because you don't matter. This feels especially true when what you have expressed before gets minimized or dismissed. Learned helplessness. You spend so much time enduring the bad people, you don't get to embrace the good people, assuming you even think you deserve good people. So when you feel inferior and people treat you as if you're inferior, it's not really a life worth living in. You try to have say, it doesn't work, so not much reason for hope with people.

And/Or when you think you're inferior, it can be hard to feel like you belong, so you don't build up that trusted social circle. And without the social support in a crappy world, life can feel like a never-ending struggle that isn't worth staying in, especially when you're fighting alone.

And/Or when you feel inferior, it's hard to embrace enjoyment. A mistake is another failure. And success can be simply trying to remain good enough. You don't feel great about yourself, and especially when mistakes occur despite doing your best, you can get tired of the struggle in life. It's hard to accomplish much, let alone overcome problems.

Combine it all, and it makes for a rather unenjoyable life. At least for me.

Even though I see myself ending my life because I learned too late, I am trying to recognize that I matter, that I have a right to this space on earth just as much as anyone else. Sure, people have their degrees and status and wealth, but if they're crappy people, they're crappy people and those other things don't make up for it. Some people here might see themselves as failures in life or otherwise inferior, but damn, there are some good people here. Something's wrong with this world when good people are treated like they're inferior.

Reactions: Tabbyql, 262653, SimplyTopHat and 11 others
GoodForNothing

GoodForNothing

Mar 6, 2019
I can't say I have ever described myself as inferior, but yes that is the perfect word to describe me. All through my schooling life and in to my work life, I have always thought of myself ranking below everyone. I am nothing special, just another face in a sea of people.

Reactions: Redrock, crea_the_hopeless, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
TreatmentDidntWork

TreatmentDidntWork

Mar 15, 2019
Yes. I am still attempting to get my bachelor's degree after six years in college, and I have at least a year and a half to go (big if). I am inferior to all the people who get their degrees in a reasonable timeframe. And I also feel like I'm inferior to those who dropped out of college because at least they had enough sense to stop trying when it obviously wasn't working.

I also struggle with basic life skills like social interaction and being able to succeed at even a stupid retail job.

Reactions: Redrock, crea_the_hopeless, justabouttobedone and 3 others
GoodForNothing

GoodForNothing

Mar 6, 2019
tl;dr: feeling inferior, being treated as inferior, trying to struggle though life as inferior, etc., makes a life not worth living in.

long version:
It differs for different people, but I've realized I don't feel I matter initially because that's the way my parents treated me. It would be small things, like ordering a table of foods that I don't eat. Or burdening me with adult issues as if I didn't have my own needs, wants, and issues. And when it happens enough I unconsciously believed it.

And when the inferiority comes from the way your parents treat you, you aren't told that there's something wrong with them. You're told that you're parents love you, are doing the best they can, etc. Therefore, you start to think something is wrong with you, not them. In fact, you can be told that you're the one who needs therapy. No one tells you that's you're parents can be crappy or wrong.

And then it spreads. When you've been treated as inferior and believe it, you may not feel like you have a right to or understand good friends or relationships. People treat you like crap, and you mostly endure it. You don't feel like your hurt matters as much as other people's feelings or that you have enough right to say something because you don't matter. This feels especially true when what you have expressed before gets minimized or dismissed. Learned helplessness. You spend so much time enduring the bad people, you don't get to embrace the good people, assuming you even think you deserve good people. So when you feel inferior and people treat you as if you're inferior, it's not really a life worth living in. You try to have say, it doesn't work, so not much reason for hope with people.

And/Or when you think you're inferior, it can be hard to feel like you belong, so you don't build up that trusted social circle. And without the social support in a crappy world, life can feel like a never-ending struggle that isn't worth staying in, especially when you're fighting alone.

And/Or when you feel inferior, it's hard to embrace enjoyment. A mistake is another failure. And success can be simply trying to remain good enough. You don't feel great about yourself, and especially when mistakes occur despite doing your best, you can get tired of the struggle in life. It's hard to accomplish much, let alone overcome problems.

Even though I see myself ending my life because I learned too late, I am trying to recognize that I matter, that I have a right to this space on earth just as much as anyone else. Sure, people have their degrees and status and wealth, but if they're crappy people, they're crappy people and those other things don't make up for it. Some people here might see themselves as failures in life or otherwise inferior, but damn, there are some good people here. Something's wrong with this world when good people are treated like they're inferior.

long version:

You know when you read something, and it just hits you right in the face. Over the past year I have been trying to rationalise why I feel the way I do, not good enough, not belonging, not understanding people and or just avoiding social interaction, stuff like that. But reading your post just screams to me, like the family part does not apply to me but the rest does.

I'd just like to say thank you. I feel that you have put in to words what I could not say.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
You know when you read something, and it just hits you right in the face. Over the past year I have been trying to rationalise why I feel the way I do, not good enough, not belonging, not understanding people and or just avoiding social interaction, stuff like that. But reading your post just screams to me, like the family part does not apply to me but the rest does.

I'd just like to say thank you. I feel that you have put in to words what I could not say.

@GoodForNothing You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. Most of the time when I say something, it somehow gets twisted back on me, where I get blamed, yelled at, like I'm the problem. Refreshing to know I said or wrote something that was heard or mattered. Thank you. It meant a lot.

justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
There are millions of people who have a good life, running a successful business or having a great job that pays them well, have enough courage and dedication to make their dreams come true. We see them every day in real life or behind the screens. I don't understand how can a person not feel inferior when they see all these successful people. I do not have any kind of skills that can make me feel like I deserve to live a happy life. I just can't stop comparing myself to others and this drives me crazy and make me want to kill myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: coileanbeag, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Severnayasemiramida and 1 other person
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
In a way yes because my health is failing in certain ways.

Last edited:
crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
Yes, my entire life. I've always been the oddball. The weird one. The one behind everyone. I'll always be inferior. I can't do the basic things in life. I also suck at everything. There's nothing I'm really good at.

Reactions: Kassender, coileanbeag, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Man, in my mental state I feel nothing! I just wanna die...

Reactions: Kassender, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Fucking loving it and 2 others
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
Yes. I don't really feel as though I have anything to offer anybody, or at least I am made to feel that way. I don't think that I am as 'good' as most other people.

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Xaphous
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I think I have what's called 'toxic shame' due to many bad experiences and seldom any good ones, and isolation. Easy to feel inferior when your even basic social needs are never met.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, seekingoblivion, suffering and 1 other person
justaghost

justaghost

Mar 14, 2019
Constantly. Watching people my age doing things with their lives while I'm just sitting here losing interest in all the things I used to enjoy and wasting any good opportunities that come my way. Aside from that I've just had an inferiority complex since I was pretty young which has only gotten worse, so yeah.

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kassender and 1 other person
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
yes. There are tons of reasons behind it. I'm too tired to write them all down.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and seekingoblivion
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
All the time. In fact it gets worse now when my brain gives up on me. I cant even do simple things anymore. It is painful

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
In short, the answer is yes. Most of the time I feel like I haven't done as good as I wish'd I could. Even when not comparing or competing with my peers, I still see myself lacking in a lot of areas in life, general naivety around about all things I do in life...

long version:

This is really thoughtful and makes a lot of sense. I'd say I'd probably been with a lot of crappy people, been taken for granted a lot of times, and sometimes I don't even know when people are looking down on me (which is even sadder) owing it to Aspergers and social ignorance, street ignorance, etc.

Reactions: Deleted member 1496 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Beyondajoke

Beyondajoke

Jul 18, 2018
I tend to be treated as though I'm inferior, and that's even worse I would say. It's a result of my social anxiety. Most social interactions feel like a power struggle that I'm inevitably on the losing end of due to my problems asserting myself to any effective degree. A lot of people, I've found, simply assume they're superior to me, even when they know very little about me, due to having made assumptions. These assumptions tend to be - stupid - uneducated - naive, unworldly - hasn't travelled anywhere - poor - low socioeconomic background - needs/wants "help". I'm then spoken down to and "helped" as if these assumptions are facts. If I somehow manage to speak up for myself and let people know they're not necessarily correct, the shock and cognitive dissonance in them tends to be so great that they try and push me back down again so they can feel better. That experience is even worse than if I hadn't spoken up in the first place.

I'm the person at work doing extra work that then gets attributed to someone else. My ex-mother-in-law, unbidden, used to take over my kitchen, rearrange things, and tell me what to do in my own house! If I bring up a subject I'm interested in (and tend to have read about and thought about a lot), people assume I know nothing about it and start explaining it to me. If I tell someone what I studied at uni, they start explaining THAT to me!! If these people knew the seething hostilities I've got behind my quiet facade as a result of all this...

Reactions: Black_Knight, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Temporarilyabsurd and 1 other person
F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
I am more inferior than the inferiors

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and salvation
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I feel superior for having the drive to overcome the survival instinct.

Reactions: suffering
V

Void115

Feb 20, 2019
I would imagine that this is a rather common trait among suicidal people. If the answer is yes then why?
Nah, i feel superior. Normal people can stnd the shit of this life but me no, i don t accept this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and suffering
Can'tStandAnymore

Can'tStandAnymore

Custom title
Mar 16, 2019
yep. This forum was the last place I hoped to get some interest at least. But nobody doesn't give any fuck still. If I had knew that my story post will be deleted because of that I'm 17 years old, I wouldn't ever laboured that much to register here. At least I have an another place that I can post my thoughts on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: agateaqua, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kassender and 2 others
V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
If you feel inferior, you want to kill yourself.

If you feel superior, you want to kill others rather than yourself.

e.g. Elliot Rodger

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Fucking loving it, Redrock and 1 other person
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I feel like I'm the worst possible piece of shit on the planet. I have all my life. The level of self hatred I have developed is incredible. I literally hate myself for everything I do. I grew up being taught that other people matter more than me and I hate myself for believing that. Then I hate myself when I try to believe otherwise cause it seems like I'm trying to fight reality cause it often seems like I'm inferior to other people.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and suffering
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Absolutely. I have criminal levels of self-doubt. I think I always have though in my youth I don't think I was quite so aware of it. The main reason I don't t want to do anything is that I don't think I can. I know that's rubbish objectively. In my head I know I am just as capable as anyone but I can't make myself believe that. Most everything I do requires me to bolster myself, tell myself 'you can do it'... and ends with me running away bleating I CAN'T DO IT!