Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
Any researchers of occult practices here? Feeling suicidal has brought me down these spiritual paths over the past 2 years and I've mainly spent much time meditating and trying to achieve gnosis. It really helped initially yet I am becoming a bit disparaged with the lack of results and wondering if I'm just traveling down the hole of schizotypy or psychosis lol. Also, any recommended resources or books for a beginner via reply or pm would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: disillusionment, Pigeonman, bad luck and 1 other person
A

Abh

Jan 18, 2021
Not exactly occult, but just like you I have recently begun exploring meditation, tantra and yoga. What led me into this path was a couple of episodes on Joe Rogan Experience. The guest was Paul Stamets, who talks about how certain mushrooms help in having some intense, life-changing mental experiences. He talks of instances of how he cured his anxiety and stuttering problem through mushroom trips.
Obviously, drugs help in altering our states of consciousness and I considered using mushrooms to treat my depression. But as I have never done drugs and being afraid of addiction, I was not keen on using them.

Deep meditation is an alternative that promises these similar life-changing experiences without the baggage of addiction, although it is a comparatively long process. From my reading, I found out that Tantra (literally means technique) is the fastest way to reach these altered states of consciousness i.e. if through the application of the right technique of meditation you are bound to experience blissful states in a span of few years.

Recently, one book which really caught my attention was "If truth be told: A monk's memoir". It is an easy read. Some of the things the author says about his experiences are hard to believe as I am an agnostic bordering on atheism. But personally, I did not find him to be untrustworthy. Whether the nature of his experience was a product of his imagination or not is hard to say. But after listening to his talks on Youtube, I found quite a few similarities between his experiences and those of the accounts given by Paul Stamets. So I signed up for a meditation course by him called Kundalini yoga. Although Kundalini yoga is pretty well known, I never paid attention to it as I never considered it to be backed by science.

Now I just want to try this out and see if it will cure my depression. Unlike the author of the book, this is my only goal. I have nothing to lose.

As I said I have only barely begun doing this, so I do not have any personal experiences to share.

Paul Stamets on JRE:

Link to the book
Amazon product ASIN B00PFWH4T8
Link to the Kundalini meditation course:

Reactions: Samsara
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I was always interested in the occult. I have not practiced anything special, only yoga and meditation. Read the works of Alesteir Crowley, look for Chaos magic, Siege Witchcraft, Gnostic works, etc. Sometimes just looking on the Internet or YouTube. Only that I am Spanish. Also look for Gerald Gardner and other contemporaries. Learn about symbolism, etc., although if you have been there for two years, you probably know something. All the best
I was always interested in the occult. I have not practiced anything special, only yoga and meditation. Read the works of Alesteir Crowley, look for Chaos magic, Siege Witchcraft, Gnostic works, etc. Sometimes just looking on the Internet or YouTube. Only that I am Spanish. Also look for Gerald Gardner and other contemporaries. Learn about symbolism, etc., although if you have been there for two years, you probably know something. All the best

Pigeonman

Pigeonman

Jan 19, 2021
Very very very deep into the occult. id recommend hermeticism more than anything which you're likely already into if you've been aiming towards gnosis, the highest of knowledge isn't found in books you should be doing 90% of the thinking yourself and use hermetic manuscripts etc as a tool. iv flown through space in my mind during waking state and all sorts (literally), its a very long journey you shouldn't give up so easily on.

Crowley's works id recommend personally staying away from, ventured into them myself and ended up regretting it, the occult is a very dangerous game, you'd think simply reading a book and understanding it isn't dangerous but demons etc don't need to be summoned to fuck with you. they can literally tempt you to let them in your mind during dream state without you having to do anything besides look at a demonic sigil during waking state, the book of the law by crowley is literally just the product of demons. 369 is the opposite of 666, if your goal is gnosis, you should aim to know god, there is a lot I wish I could say but can't, gl

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021

Summoning Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End Of All.

I Sincerely Invite All, Every One and Oneself To Do It Too.

Through, In and With The Power And Abilities Of Sincerety, Focus, Intention, Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End Of All.

All It Takes Is To Have Sincere Intentions And To Focus Them On All, Every One And Oneself's True Goal To Bring Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End Of All To Manifestation.

As Well As For All, Every One And Oneself To Do All, Every One And Oneself's Absolute Best Until All, Every One And Oneself Reach(es) Their/One's True Individual Limits.

As Well As To Not Limit The Power And Abilities Of All, Every One And Oneself And The Power And Abilities Of Sincerety, Intention, Focus, Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End of All.

Something As Simple As Wishing Or Praying For It, As Long As It's Sincere, Can Do A Tremendous Amount In Bringing Them To Manifestation.

But It Is Important To Not Limit All, Every One Or Oneself In/Regarding What/Everything All, Every One Or Oneself Can Really Truly Do.

It's The Most Beneficial And Best Solution/Outcome/Option/Resolution/Event For All, Every One And Oneself.

To/For Those Who/That Do It, Thank You And Well-Wishes To The One/Those Who/That Is/Are Sincere, True And Just, On Behalf Of Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End Of All.

To/For Those Who/That Don't, The Rest Is Justice, Truth, Completion, The Apocalypse And The End Of All's To Handle.

89392c1cdc6b64b7db2b4788ca9e7b07a8ab94ff_hq.gif

Last edited:
LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
Any researchers of occult practices here? Feeling suicidal has brought me down these spiritual paths over the past 2 years and I've mainly spent much time meditating and trying to achieve gnosis. It really helped initially yet I am becoming a bit disparaged with the lack of results and wondering if I'm just traveling down the hole of schizotypy or psychosis lol. Also, any recommended resources or books for a beginner via reply or pm would be greatly appreciated!
I too got there, mainly for interest, then it became escapism and now it's just a way to cope fear of death.
I began with tarot cards which, despite what people think, are a pretty good way of practicing mindfullness, there's far less occult involved and more psychology and insight.
Then I began practicing meditation and AP (not there yet) and began interested in occult tradition. At this point I have some belief in reincarnation but that's keeping me from ctb. When I won't care anymore about what comes after I'll be ready to ctb. Occult is nice, just don't make it your escapism, use it wisely because it can have a bad influence on already depressed people.
Good resources depend on what in particular you want to practice.

Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I too got there, mainly for interest, then it became escapism and now it's just a way to cope fear of death.
I began with tarot cards which, despite what people think, are a pretty good way of practicing mindfullness, there's far less occult involved and more psychology and insight.
Then I began practicing meditation and AP (not there yet) and began interested in occult tradition. At this point I have some belief in reincarnation but that's keeping me from ctb. When I won't care anymore about what comes after I'll be ready to ctb. Occult is nice, just don't make it your escapism, use it wisely because it can have a bad influence on already depressed people.
Good resources depend on what in particular you want to practice.
I really relate with everything you said and agree completely!