Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
What do you like and dislike about your religion?

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I'm from a Muslim ethnic group although never practiced it, nor did my parents. I'm all for spirituality but not into religions. Have some wacky religious relatives. Not fun to be around as the topic of any conversation will undoubtedly end up on some religious dogma superstition. Also tired of hearing mashallah, inshallah, subhanallah, alhamdulillah in every single sentence although we're not remotely Arab.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: missingpeace, PublicDiary0606, GasMonkey and 12 others
SofterSoftest

SofterSoftest

Student
Dec 30, 2021
My family's country of origin is Muslim-majority. In the eyes of the government of that country, I am Muslim, even though my family hasn't practiced for a few generations. There are some cultural ties we have to Islam, but they are very loose - mostly to do with art and poetry.

I love Islamic mystic traditions and still find the work of Hafez and Rumi, for example, quite profound and beautiful That being said, I take issue with any consolidation of power that takes place in the name of religion. I really dislike the way that women, LGBTQ+ people, and many religious minorities are treated in Islam, but I think the reason all of that continues happening is that a lot of the Muslim world has been affected by the history of western colonialism and for that reason continues to be behind western countries economically and politically. The Christian faith, for example, historically wasn't too different from Islam in its application of religious doctrine. As somebody who is both a woman and directly connected to LGBTQ+ communities, I don't personally hold any blame against individual Muslims with hostile views, but that aspect does make me sad and sometimes quite upset.

• Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, xrosex, Sunset Limited and 3 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I instinctively dislike religions. There are too many rules that regulate the lives of society and individuals. Apart from these rules, it does not leave much living space for people. I don't like the way religions treat women. Almost all women in Muslim countries are bullied. If they had a choice, I'm sure they wouldn't want to go out in an outfit that completely covers their body. I have seen so many people suffer and die because of religions. I personally don't like what I see.

Reactions: Euthanza, batcountry, demuic and 2 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I love Islamic mystic traditions and still find the work of Hafez and Rumi, for example, quite profound and beautiful
I also find Sufi mysticism incredibly beautiful and profound like you said. Conference of the Birds by Attar might be my favorite book, also Saadi, Rumi, Hafez work, and even Sufi mystics from other parts like the poetry of Kabir and Sheikh Farid from India. I also count Sikhism starting with Guru Nanak in the same spiritual realm. Sadly religious fundamentalism has ruined good part of the Muslim world although in part due to outside interventions/wars as well. If US didn't invade Iraq you could say there would be no Isis, if Russia didn't invade Afghanistan there would be no Al Qaida and taliban. One wonders how Muslim world would look if not for those outside actions.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited and SofterSoftest
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

I’ll miss the winter, a world of fragile things
Feb 8, 2023
I am Shia Muslim. The biggest reason I haven't CTB is because I don't want to end my suffering in this dunya just to suffer for all eternity. I pray for death… but I'm also worried I'm not good enough yet. I need to be a better Muslim so I don't go to jahannam. In shaa Allah I die when Allah (swt) is pleased with me. I want to die a martyr… either saving someone else who wants to live or being murdered for refusing to denounce my beliefs. Either that or dying during hajj when my sins are cleansed.

I wish there was another option between jannah and jahannam. An option to just cease existing. No afterlife, just nothingness. I don't believe I am a good Muslim, but I don't think I'm bad enough to deserve to suffer forever. I simply want to stop being.

It's just so hard continuing to live. When my depression gets so bad, I drop to the floor and scream in agony for around 90 minutes each episode. It's awful. I don't want to do this anymore. Life is pain and suffering. I know Allah does not give burdens too big to bear, but sometimes those burdens (ex. starvation) end in death. I just want to die.
Almost all women in Muslim countries are bullied. If they had a choice, I'm sure they wouldn't want to go out in an outfit that completely covers their body.
I know a ton of Muslim women who like covering, even after moving to the West. I like my hijab and my long dresses. My friends freely choose to cover. Our bodies are private, which is a luxury in a culture obsessed with women's attractiveness. We put our intellect and personality front and center. Only those we deem worthy may see us uncovered. Beauty is a privilege that fades. What matters is who we are as people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic and PublicDiary0606
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I am Shia Muslim. The biggest reason I haven't CTB is because I don't want to end my suffering in this dunya just to suffer for all eternity. I pray for death… but I'm also worried I'm not good enough yet. I need to be a better Muslim so I don't go to jahannam. In shaa Allah I die when Allah (swt) is pleased with me. I want to die a martyr… either saving someone else who wants to live or being murdered for refusing to denounce my beliefs. Either that or dying during hajj when my sins are cleansed.

I wish there was another option between jannah and jahannam. An option to just cease existing. No afterlife, just nothingness. I don't believe I am a good Muslim, but I don't think I'm bad enough to deserve to suffer forever. I simply want to stop being.

It's just so hard continuing to live. When my depression gets so bad, I drop to the floor and scream in agony for around 90 minutes each episode. It's awful. I don't want to do this anymore. Life is pain and suffering. I know Allah does not give burdens too big to bear, but sometimes those burdens (ex. starvation) end in death. I just want to die.

I know a ton of Muslim women who like covering, even after moving to the West. I like my hijab and my long dresses. My friends freely choose to cover. Our bodies are private, which is a luxury in a culture obsessed with women's attractiveness. We put our intellect and personality front and center. Only those we deem worthy may see us uncovered. Beauty is a privilege that fades. What matters is who we are as people.

What you personally prefer does not change the facts. In a country where Muslims are the majority, reason and logic are suspended. Boys are circumcised at the age of 4-5 years. A 4-5 year old child will never understand the concept of religion. Hijab for girls of the same age. They are children! In my country, girls aged 10-12 are married off to men aged 60-70. with a religious marriage. According to them, there is nothing wrong with this because Mohammed also married a 9-year-old girl. From an Islamic point of view, a woman is a sexual object. That's why it has to be covered. You have seen in the recent past what women want in Iran. We've all seen how tired the public is with Islamic nonsense. In the country I live in, a woman is killed almost every day because she wants a divorce. Women are not even as free as dogs in a Muslim country. They still stone them to death and whip them. This is not happening in the Middle Ages, but in the twenty-first century! These people are crazy. They killed millions of people who think, believe in science, are different, look different. The idea of a god who plans to torture a person in hell forever is nonsense. Even we do science for the peaceful death of a prisoner we sentenced to death. The intelligence that created the universe and us promises endless and fantastic tortures. Like a joke. Let alone believing in the existence of such a god, if I saw his presence in front of me, I would spit in his face. I can clearly see that this bullshit is not only destroying the past and present of the people of the Middle East, but also stealing their future. A woman agrees with a doctrine that orders women to be stoned to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic and missingpeace