S

starlessnight

Oct 1, 2023
I'm muslim and though I don't practice as much anymore, I'm still terrified about going to hell. I feel like I should do a few more good deeds before I ctb (if I do). But if you're muslim, what are your thoughts on suicide and what happens next? If you're not muslim, same question because I just want to know everyone's opinions.

Reactions: Foreverix, Is0lated and losing hope
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! When you have a few more posts you will be able to use the search function. Similar questions have already been asked, there are lots of interesting discussions to read. Regarding your question the following is my personal opinion.

Religions are man made to control the masses of people by fear. If there was an almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful god who created mankind just to make them suffer here and even let some humans suffer so much they have to consider suicide just to punish them after that in hell forever, then this must be truly a sadistic god.

Heaven and hell are invented by humans to create fear among the people, they don't exist.

Reactions: woz, avaruus, _apathetic and 5 others
Is0lated

Is0lated

2024/2025 Livestream
May 29, 2023
I'm muslim and though I don't practice as much anymore, I'm still terrified about going to hell. I feel like I should do a few more good deeds before I ctb (if I do). But if you're muslim, what are your thoughts on suicide and what happens next? If you're not muslim, same question because I just want to know everyone's opinions.
Ion really believe in religions, I was rather forced to be a Muslim but imo suicide isn't wrong. I don't get why I can't end my miserable life if I never even asked to be born. It ain't my problem that my parents just wanted a cute lil baby without thinking what's going to happen to her later

• Hugs
Reactions: _apathetic, AshH, Foreverix and 3 others
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
Glad you have posted this. Been given the "your going to hell if you ctb" speech from practicing Muslims, & whilst I am not relgious I will die as a Muslim in case Allah exists.

Have you seen this vid;

Somewhere in that lecture the guy destorys all those arguments Muslims use to scare you off CTB. Having thought about everything, I've realised religon is just an opinion at the end of the day, which no one can prove either way. So whatever you or I believe is just as valid as the most experienced Iman or preiest etc.

I tend to hold the same views as the guy in that lecture i.e. vets put animals down & that is seen as compassionate & emphatic in society. Also doctors are starting to put mentally ill people down in some countries & again for compassionate reasons. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45117163 Also CTb'ing is no longer illegal in the UK (whereas it used to be).

So considering all the above, why on earth is CTB'ing still consider a sin in Islam these days???

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Foreverix and Praestat_Mori
M

MadisonMoon

Oct 1, 2023
I am religious to the extent that that if there is a heaven or hell, it is the one we, collectively, create here on Earth.
It is the only 'sensible' explanation for me, coupled with reïncarnation. Leaving us the stewards of this rare, pale
blue dot.

Past that, yes...religion is made to control people, to scare people, and to divide and conquer. Also, if heaven
is filled with people who only do good for fear of hell or wanting to be rewarded with heaven...I am not sure what
that would say about that place or the people in it...

iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
i am a muslim but i just have some hope that allah would understand why i did it and if he is the forgiven himself i believe he will forgive me but no one know except for him and im just leaving my self on him i know that what im doing is haram and all but he decides i guess

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Foreverix
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I am/was a muslim but I lost faith in Allah as i've suffered too much, I work with shayateens/demons now.

VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
I don't really believe in any particular god at all. I do believe that if there is a heaven or hell created by an omnipotent and all knowing god that they wouldn't send you to hell to suffer forever as a result of you suffering too much to want to live. If you live your life trying to be good and considerate to others then I think that's enough.

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I am an apostate from Christianity, now atheist. I've always found Islam a confounding religion, because if you believe God is holy and perfect, then there is no amount of good deeds you can do to get God to forgive you, a lowly sinner. You can't even measure it. Muslims would tell me they just hoped Allah would forgive their sins at judgment, but they had no assurance that they would be. Even if Allah would forgive you, he has no basis on which to forgive you while also satisfying his justice for the sins you've committed against him.

Ultimately, your fate is in the hands of your God. You have no other option within the religion. Even if you do the most good deeds, your suicide could harm enough people to tip the scales out of your favor. There's no way to know. You can only make your own informed decision and hope for paradise or annihilation.

If God/Allah is real, I will gladly burn in his hell knowing that I made my own decisions and lived MY life. But I don't think there are reasons sufficient enough to believe that this is what will happen post-mortem. If it is, I will join Milton's Satan in proclaiming, "It is better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven."

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
Idk...if it matters...sometimes I wonder there are so many gods due to infinite languages and religions , so my question is who is the captain?

• Love
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Your consciousness arises from inside your brain. When you die, all the cells in your body die, including the neurons in your brain— everything that's responsible for consciousness.

There are potential neurochemical and neuroanatomical explanations for NDEs. It's possible that brain damage, for instance, can cause hallucinations.

Sure, we can't say for certain what happens to your consciousness after you die but I think that it disappears and you return to the same oblivion that preceded your birth is the best explanation.

That said, if you had a religious upbringing it's understandable to have a fear of hell.

onetimereject

onetimereject

Living the life of a problem
Jun 18, 2023
Glad you have posted this. Been given the "your going to hell if you ctb" speech from practicing Muslims, & whilst I am not relgious I will die as a Muslim in case Allah exists.

Have you seen this vid;

Somewhere in that lecture the guy destorys all those arguments Muslims use to scare you off CTB. Having thought about everything, I've realised religon is just an opinion at the end of the day, which no one can prove either way. So whatever you or I believe is just as valid as the most experienced Iman or preiest etc.

I tend to hold the same views as the guy in that lecture i.e. vets put animals down & that is seen as compassionate & emphatic in society. Also doctors are starting to put mentally ill people down in some countries & again for compassionate reasons. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45117163 Also CTb'ing is no longer illegal in the UK (whereas it used to be).

So considering all the above, why on earth is CTB'ing still consider a sin in Islam these days???

simply because it's written in the holy book.

i'm an agnostic myself, but i was born and raised in an islamic family. where i would continuously question the fairness of god, in which the teachings say that other people, even if they were the kindest soul on earth, were to die while embracing another religion, they would be sent to hell. if even a prostitute may step into heaven simply by feeding a dying dog, what makes it that they do not have other special unwritten rules decided by god on a whim?

Reactions: losing hope
tired0zymandias

tired0zymandias

Live Fast, Die Young
Sep 25, 2023
Hey I'm a muslim too. I'm kinda religious but not practical. I believe that I definitely go to hell. Because not only about suicide. I also did so many sins lol.

I still gonna do it i guess. I once do shalah and pray to god that if anything not going well, I ask his permission to kill myself.

Until now I don't have any good things came to my life. So… idk

Hbu? Are you gonna do ctb if you know you're going to hell?

buttonfish

buttonfish

Aug 10, 2023
Im not muslim, but i have a very similar fear.
But I truly believe I'm already in hell. Whatever awaits me can't be worse. I just try to tell myself that every day, and it helps.

S

sadandlonely99

Jan 23, 2023
I grew up as a Muslim. Sooo glad I left that barbaric mess