• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
At the risk of getting flack or being dismissed because I'm recommending an anime, I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's movie End of Evangelion for the first time and I honestly was not expecting what I got or to be able to relate to the characters in it. It's all about lonliness and self worth. It's really depressing and the movie is a bit uncomfortable to watch at times, but I would recommend it.

Reactions: kolski, Circles, throwaway777 and 3 others
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Bojack Horseman pretty much tops the list there.

At the risk of getting flack or being dismissed because I'm recommending an anime, I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's movie End of Evangelion for the first time and I honestly was not expecting what I got or to be able to relate to the characters in it. It's all about lonliness and self worth. It's really depressing and the movie is a bit uncomfortable to watch at times, but I would recommend it.
Have you seen episodes 25 and 26 of the anime? To me, they are much better at illustrating the emotional effect of the disconnectedness the characters feel than End of Eva, even though they lean dangerously close to 'too artsy for its own good'.

Reactions: Circles and Mart
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
Taxi driver, Robert de Niro. Sort of

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Circles, Kyrok and 1 other person
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Girl, Interrupted hit all the right spots for me. It almost reminded me of this forum somehow too.

I've also only ever seen two anime but I loved WataMote and Elfen Lied.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, throwaway777, Morphinekiss and 2 others
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
Girl, Interrupted hit all the right spots for me. It almost reminded me of this forum somehow too.

I've also only ever seen two anime but I loved WataMote and Elfen Lied.
Is that the one with Winona Ryder

Reactions: throwaway777, Circles and Mart
Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
Bojack Horseman pretty much tops the list there.

Have you seen episodes 25 and 26 of the anime? To me, they are much better at illustrating the emotional effect of the disconnectedness the characters feel than End of Eva, even though they lean dangerously close to 'too artsy for its own good'.
Yeah, I heard some people say to skip them but I actually thought they were really good. They went along well with EoE.

Reactions: Circles and RM5998
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't know if I can relate much to anything anymore. Usually I'm lucky if there's even one small excerpt of dialogue that connects with what I am going through. A lot of the themes and overall messages have begun to feel trite to me. Even if I applauded them in the past.

But I always loved tv shows and film and stories in general, so I try to still find things worth watching. It's hard though, with one thing always being on my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: manderley, not_a_robot and Circles
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Breaking Bad

Westworld

Heroes in Crisis (DC comics.....it's about depression and ctb) No movie adaptation yet since it's pretty new, but I'm sure they'll make it into a movie (or at least i hope they do).

Reactions: not_a_robot, Circles and Kyrok
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"おじさまと猫", definitely, although it does not have an anime adaptation. "B: The Beginning".
Most of the dialogues atween Keith and Gilbert remind me of my monologues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Howard Beale in Network!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RM5998, not_a_robot and Circles
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Bojack is the best!

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and RM5998
V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
Watamote.

Reactions: ithappens and Circles
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Howard Beale in Network!
:ohhhh:Never would have guessed...
On a more serious note, it's scary how prophetic Network turned out to be.

• Love
Reactions: Kyrok and Circles
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
At the risk of getting flack or being dismissed because I'm recommending an anime, I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and it's movie End of Evangelion for the first time and I honestly was not expecting what I got or to be able to relate to the characters in it.

Yeah i watched EVA as a teen... I cried. Elfen Lied is another good one but it may be too depressing for many of you here.

Reactions: 262653 and Circles
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Rules of Attraction comes to mind. Although I haven't watched it in years and may not identify with it so much now that I'm out of my 20s

kolski

kolski

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs
May 27, 2019
There's loads of movies about suicide I can relate too..

But probs A Monster Calls is my go atm? It's about dealing with grief, having to watch someone you love die and being unable to save them. Idk~ just feels the most relevant for how I feel atm.

You shouldn't have to grieve for the living. And that's what I'm doing rn.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I like The Good Fight (at least the first two seasons), and Barry.

ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
There's an episode of the original Twilight Zone that I watch every so often, I feel a connection to what it portrays and I think many other suicidals have/can too. It's called "A Stop at Willoughby" and it tackles societal pressures and suicide/suicidal ideation.

Reactions: Kirkscoobz
Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
It has to be a film called The City of Angels with Nicholas Cage.
He fell in love, he committed suicide as an angel, she died and he was left as a mortal human.

Reactions: throwaway777
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
Peep Show. Mark in particular.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Niska and Maeve (AI hookers).