B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
Would you consider yourself as a misanthrope? If so, what are your reasons?

I am not 100% sure whether I am a misanthrope or just a realist. Some of my views are misanthropic but then again, I do not hate people themselves but the way they act so I don't know if this already qualifies as a misanthrope.

I have a very negative opinion of society/humans in general which is a reason why I have depression and suicidal tendencies.

Reactions: 54378, Moniker, MyFinalProject and 7 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
id say i am.
reason. a life time of abuse that i cant seem to get away from. when the extreme high majority of people just cause you problems, youre probably not gonna like people lol

Reactions: Venessolotic, IckyGun, Moniker and 4 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Id definitely say I am one and a pessimist also.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Meditation guide, Rogue Proxy and 4 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Yes. Unfortunately I ran into the wrong people my entire life.

Dumb, toxic, abusive, etc... you name it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Meditation guide, Moniker and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly view humans as being the worst species in general, humans are such an harmful species that creates so much suffering, I find it such a horrific tragedy how this species even exists at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Hollowman, Meditation guide and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Absolutely yes.
I view humans as a failed species.
I've suffered at the hands of more toxic people than I care to remember.
Humans are a weird mixture of good and evil, yet most people give in to their dark side and therefore cause suffering for others.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Hollowman, Meditation guide and 1 other person
G

Green_leaf

Nov 5, 2022
Only human extinction could alleviate my misanthropy.

Reactions: Venessolotic and WAITING TO DIE
pawlessz

pawlessz

silly
Nov 15, 2023
mee, i fucking hate people they all are so terrible maybe i wouldn wanted to die if i was the one existing on this planet, just me and some animals maybe

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
i don't know if it's considered misanthropic but I just distrust people in general because humans are masters in deception... for example, I've watched compilations of doorbell camera footage and it makes my skin crawl to witness people crying for help as bait to lure strangers to open the door for them in order to do harm.... you can't trust anyone ever and it's always has been like this... humans can lie and lying is a feature and not a bug... It's crazy

loser098

loser098

Nov 16, 2023
I think it's just realism. Though, I have wished for an asteroid to wipe this planet out on many occasions. And yes, I'd press the button that erases all human life without question.

We could choose to create a better society but no one wants to. It's engineered to maximize the suffering of the many for the pleasure of a few. Every good deed you witness is outweighed by a thousand awful things that happen in the same moment.

Not to mention psychopaths, cheats, and liars. It is extremely disturbing how predictable human behavior is. All of the people formerly in my life have proven my worst assumptions correct. Every time.

If you're a misanthrope, I don't blame you.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Moniker
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I'm not entirely sure. There's this streak of optimism in myself I can't quite eradicate. But I wouldn't blame anyone for being a paid-up misanthrope

todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I am.
I hate people. Disgusting creatures. I loathe human existence.
No great philosophy here, I just am averse to it. I've met a lot of good people also, but they are still humans, no way out of it.
I want to get far from them. I used to dream of being hermit but I realize that I'd still be with myself, a human just like any other.
Only death can free me from myself and others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Dark Soul and WAITING TO DIE
ursaminor

ursaminor

sick (kickflip), sick (deathly)
Mar 13, 2023
I don't like misanthropy. It's largely unproductive, and definitely not compatible with action to improve the material living conditions of the world (at least in my limited view of misanthropic philosophy. Feel free to offer me a new perspective, I will listen.)

That being said, I still frequently fall into misanthropic thought. My suicidal feelings also stem from wanting to escape the suffering caused by people in the world on both individual and systemic levels. I understand hating everyone. It's a seductive narrative to live within, but it's also a betrayal of humanity's greatest quality: empathy. It may seem to be in short supply, yet I really do think there's plenty of it out there, it's just deliberately difficult to express it and do good with it in our societies. It's hard, but I remind myself that I shouldn't hate everyone, at least not the victims of the world's cruelty.

I don't think I'm a misanthrope, but I don't think the people that need to change will ever willingly do so, and I truly despise them.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Hollowman, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and 1 other person
T

tiyijinn

Cinnamon Squares > Power
Apr 27, 2022
I certainly view humans as being the worst species in general, humans are such an harmful species that creates so much suffering, I find it such a horrific tragedy how this species even exists at all.
Humans might be the worst, but it's not like nature isn't doing insanely fucked up shit on its own. It's not a human-problem, it's a life-problem.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Hollowman and Lifeis_Jouissance70
Lifeis_Jouissance70

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Come, sweet death
Oct 25, 2023
Its half and half, I wouldnt say its all of humanity's fault as to why I dislike people, some people didnt do anything wrong and are innocent
I just in general dont like being around people which is why I absolutely have no friends in my life, I do like sometimes having someone to talk to but I just end up completely isolating myself from the world and just ignoring everyone even the people I live with
I have a tendancy to push people away as well
I just dont like being around others in general hence my neet/hikikomori life along side the fact that I could never ever be able to catch up to societies standards and that I am overwhelmed by all those things about life, I am so immensly overwhelmed by doing too many things or thinking about too many things I dont know how to truly get over it.
Feeling repulsed, uncomfortable and anxious is true suffering..

• Hugs
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I am now as of tonight yes.

I've seen some really nice people here so maybe that disqualifies me from being one, not sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and WAITING TO DIE