T

Tylerkyba

Mar 8, 2020
I am new here.

I thought I might as well make this thread offering my failed attempt and why I think it failed.

I came very close to succeeding once using partial. I was literally seconds from from passing out. Had I not pushed myself up within a second, I think I would have been gone.

However, I did push myself up. And failed. I think the only reason was because I still had a job I could go back to, a home, etc... So I think that potential stopped me.

Recently I motivated myself to do some things for 2 months straight. But then now it's starting to hit me that nothing has changed. And that I am still alone.

So I guess my question is, are there any methods that get rid of survival instinct?

I am not talking about methods of thinking. I don't think those work for me. But rather methods that ensure success but doesn't require me having that moment of adrenaline from partial.

Thanks

• Hugs
Reactions: Notwinnernotawin and Despondent
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I don't think there's really any method that can completely rid SI.. it's just natural for us to feel such.

There's a method called the "night night method". It doesn't completely "rid" survival instinct, but I hear that it doesn't trigger it as much -- depending on the way you go through with the process.

I apologize if that was poorly word :/

If you smoke or get slightly buzzed, it can help to calm SI I'm sure

darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
I wish I could get rid of SI. I plan to go by jumping because other methods aren't available to me. When the lockdown eventually goes away, I want to try jumping again. I almost did before the lockdown but SI prevented me from doing so.

D

Depressive1995

Feb 3, 2020
I just had an idea: what if there was a drug, which would not kill you at the first dose but would just let you feel so good and peaceful that you forget hope for future and just forget death and all consequences but just want this moment and then lets say to keep this condition you have to take a second dose and this would finally kill you as you peacefully fall asleep.

Reactions: wantingtheend
Whited Sepulchre

Whited Sepulchre

Apr 26, 2020
Dats kinda when I thought maybe Hollywood wasn't all dat wrong.
Tying a professional knot on a thick rope wid a really heavy brick or rock or something dat'll sink and toss it wid ur body into a remote and deep bed of water might do the trick.
The urge to keep ur heart beating will kick in, but wut choice does a mere human body have when ur deep down and not floating, gasping for air.
The problem is more like, which body of water do u wanna choose?

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't think you can get rid of it entirely as it's essential for our survival as a species. I think, as crude as it sounds, you just have to "do it".

Reactions: LMLN and x-Ace-x
C

Checkout2

Jun 25, 2020
Hi, I tried Night Night - but could not find the spot.
I also tried partial hanging many times. I almost did it twice, but SI was far too strong.

The first time I almost died it, I was hanging from the shower rail, all the usual things happened, wet myself and body was shaking. I managaed to touch the bottom shower rail with my feet and eventually untied myself. Then I went back and tried it again and again, but the rope was too long and I could always manage to get out of it.

The second time I almost died, I attached a dressing gown towelling belt to the wardrobe bars in my wardrobe. Yes I could feel like I was almost blacking out. I was on my knees. I then fell backwards to the floor on my bottom, which tightened to rope even more. Due to my anxiety about the future, I have been in bed for 6 months, so I am not very strong at all. Hence I struggled to get up and untie myself.

I do want to CTB, as due to my condition, I am a total mess. I just cant find a way to suit

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Be all alone, completely alone, and die inside. Then you will have less SI. If theres anythin near you that reminds you of hope and happiness, SI will be strong

• Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce
C

Checkout2

Jun 25, 2020
I just had an idea: what if there was a drug, which would not kill you at the first dose but would just let you feel so good and peaceful that you forget hope for future and just forget death and all consequences but just want this moment and then lets say to keep this condition you have to take a second dose and this would finally kill you as you peacefully fall asleep.
If only

D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
The times I've taken some benzo (mostly xanax) or a strong opiate I end up not caring about anything. Dunno if that helps but maybe in combination with other methods it may give you the "I don't care" mentality. Mileage may very though I'm just speaking from experience

wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
i noticed getting drunk does the trick for me but I've never put it into practise