C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Hi, sadly I just woke up and I'm at a loss. I'm simply tired of dealing with my problems as nothing is helping besides sleepIng. I wish I could sleep for days straight without waking up. The only things I have to help out are my meds, but I've noticed when I overuse them it doesn't make me as drowsy. I've used melatonin medicine before but sometimes it didn't help and only made me stay up. Now thinking about it this may just be another pointless post of mine no one knows what to do either but I just spent the last 15 minutes typing this down so fuck it. Any ideas on what's helped you?

• Hugs
Reactions: Alucard, voyager, LivedTooLong and 6 others
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I used to take Mirtazapine, strong enough to knock out a horse, see if your GP will prescribe it to you. You could try going for a run, nothing I like more than going for a midnight run. Also put a blue light filter on your device would be a good idea too if you haven't done that already.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, voyager, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I wish i could help you but i cant get to sleep either. Cant get meds to help me as well. Ppl say vitamins but vitamins dont help

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Brick In The Wall, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Does lavender diffuser or things like binaural beats or ASMR helps?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Circles
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alcohol makes me sleep like the dead, usually for long periods. Everyone else's ideas are more healthy though :))

Reactions: voyager, AnxietyAttack44, Circles and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Alcohol makes me sleep like the dead, usually for long periods. Everyone else's ideas are more healthy though :))

I also use alcohol when I cant get sleep sometimes.
But only last a few hours.
Too much I just get grumpy& hungover lol

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, AnxietyAttack44, Circles and 1 other person
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Lately that has been my sleeping pill. The only thing that works every time too. Extra bonus as it doubles as the pain killer

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Circles and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Lately that has been my sleeping pill. The only thing that works every time too. Extra bonus as it doubles as the pain killer

do you like Japanese Sake?
I think they are better for sleep because I perceive them to be less "intense"
but maybe its just me

Reactions: Circles
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
do you like Japanese Sake?
I think they are better for sleep because I perceive them to be less "intense"
but maybe its just me
I drink korean soju lately. Altho this ones weak. The one husband used to get (40%) made me hallucinate for hours. But slightly alot harder to get.
I wish to get the strong one as im so lonely and hallucinations felt so real i could even feel them touch me. Any interaction would work now..

So i now stick to 70% vodka or 40% gin. I want it to hit me hard and strong so i get knocked out to sleep. No hallucinations tho, but sleepy yes

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I drink korean soju lately. Altho this ones weak. The one husband used to get (40%) made me hallucinate for hours. But slightly alot harder to get.
I wish to get the strong one as im so lonely and hallucinations felt so real i could even feel them touch me. Any interaction would work now..

So i now stick to 70% vodka or 40% gin. I want it to hit me hard and strong so i get knocked out to sleep. No hallucinations tho, but sleepy yes

It's okay to not feel okay sometimes.
But alcohol helps. I do that too.

I only drink Soju when I'm meeting up one of my friends, her bf is Korean.
To be fair, soju are not bad. They taste nice and refreshing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
It's okay to not feel okay sometimes.
But alcohol helps. I do that too.

I only drink Soju when I'm meeting up one of my friends, her bf is Korean.
To be fair, soju are not bad. They taste nice and refreshing.
I agree. I prefer their taste over most other things i tried. And yeah its ok to drink sometimes. Nobody is perfect.

Nice new avatar. Old one was good too.

• Hugs
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I agree. I prefer their taste over most other things i tried. And yeah its ok to drink sometimes. Nobody is perfect.

Nice new avatar. Old one was good too.

Thank you. :heart:
I like the old one as well. This one is kinda tacky. But I will stick to it for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and AnxietyAttack44
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, sadly I just woke up and I'm at a loss. I'm simply tired of dealing with my problems as nothing is helping besides sleepIng. I wish I could sleep for days straight without waking up. The only things I have to help out are my meds, but I've noticed when I overuse them it doesn't make me as drowsy. I've used melatonin medicine before but sometimes it didn't help and only made me stay up. Now thinking about it this may just be another pointless post of mine no one knows what to do either but I just spent the last 15 minutes typing this down so fuck it. Any ideas on what's helped you?
Sorry to hear that you're going through such painful existence.:'(
I listen to Sleep With Me Podcast on Google Podcast. Scoot will start with a story with his soothing voice, the story will gradually turn into a boring meander. It helps me. Good Luck @Circles :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, Circles and KleinerWolf
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Unfortunately, if you want to sleep more than is normal as an avoidance tactic, it will only make things worse by upsetting your metabolism. Years ago, I did exactly this and ended up with blood pressure issues. Your body and mind need the right amount of sleep for you, not less and not more. Any deviation from this causes health issues.

I took zopiclone and mirtazapine and they force you to sleep and stay that way. But they also really fuck you up and so does all that extra sleep.

I've found the best way to get as much sleep as I can is by listening to what my body needs as best I can given my health circumstances and trusting it to do what it needs to do. That's not a very helpful answer, sorry, but it's kind of the way things are, no quick fix exists, at least none that doesn't cause more problems than it solves.
And I say this after six months with around one hours sleep a night.

• Hugs
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
What is your night time routine like. I recommend listing to some ASMR/ audio of rain as it will relax and also calm your mind. I would also suggest not using any device 20 minutes before bed. I know this sounds ordinary nonsense you might hear but I have noticed it has helped me from waking up randomly.

Best of luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, puppy9 and KleinerWolf
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Circles, I'm sorry you're struggling with this. All I have to offer are reading (books or magazines, not electronics) and/or listening to these:

Be good to yourself, @Circles.
(((warm gentle hug)))

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Hey, have you tried lucid dreaming? Maybe it sounds silly but LD helped me a lot to get through harder depression episodes. Unfortunately it requires a plenty of work which you might not be able to handle, however it's worth giving a shot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, KleinerWolf and Circles