Iamcharlie

Iamcharlie

What's after death?
Jul 24, 2020
Let's imagine that you were left alone for about 15 minutes at night in your room, how would you guys do it?

Or in the day time,
I've heard people trying to OD on salt and hang yourself with bedsheets-(I dont know what would be on the other end of the sheet because there's basically no where to tie it off).

Anyways,
What are your thoughts?
Got any ideas other then bashing your head into a wall?

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
You'd have to be pretty creative because they design those places for suicide attempts.

Reactions: Fragile, Iamcharlie, TheWalrus and 2 others

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I think it depends on the psych ward you're in. The first one I went to let you have your door mostly shut at night, you only had to leave it open a crack. You were checked on every 15 minutes, but 15 minutes is plenty of time to do something in your room. I thought about hanging myself from the doorknob there, but I always had a roommate and was never willing to chance someone who was already struggling finding me dead.

The second one I went to didn't allow your door to be shut ever, but all of the doors were either push doors or had doorknobs that were absurdly low so it didn't really matter.

At the first place, I could've ctb fairly easily. At the second place, I really don't think I would've been able to. Not without some extremely creative thinking but tbh it was easier to just behave while I was there and try again after I got home.

A girl who left the hospital right before I got there one of the times attempted by swallowing paper towels. She was a bit of a legend on the ward (which is so sick to say but. whatever) for doing that, even though she got caught. Wouldn't recommend, it's probably extremely painful and I'm not even sure if it would kill you in the end.

Reactions: Iamcharlie and Brink
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm starting to think that's where I belong. I might need some creative ideas.

Reactions: Iamcharlie
MyChoiceToLeave

MyChoiceToLeave

Psychiatry Destroyed My Life
Jul 4, 2020
I've been in and out of psych wards most of my life because the psych drugs caused me to go insane and nobody knew how to safely withdraw me. I used to think about how to end it all in a psych ward. I don't see how you can hang yourself, since I've never seen bunk beds. There are no corners in the room or the bathrooms either (such as the sink). If you can cause enough chaos in the psych ward to get into a fight with someone much stronger than you or get assaulted by staff or force drugged with an antipsychotic that you are allergic to but didn't mention in your evaluation, those are your best bets.
I'm starting to think that's where I belong. I might need some creative ideas.

Did psych meds mess you up and cause your reason for you wanting to end it? Psych wards are pretty awful overall. It's almost as bad as jail.

Last edited:
Reactions: ihateantipsychotics and Iamcharlie
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
During my last inpatient stay I got bad news and went to my room and started to suffocate myself with my sweatshirt sleeve (tied around my neck). They didn't even notice as I was doing it in my bathroom. You could probably use variations of the night-night method in your room if allowed your clothes. Could try to block water in the sink and inhale water. Your options are extremely limited anyway.

amnotreal

amnotreal

Student
Oct 20, 2019
when i was in one and they didn't know i was suicidal they didn't check on me as often as others and i kept trying to figure out how to hang myself in my bathroom at night. i never figured out a way and managed to get released before i reached the point of trying. a friend of a friend of mine somehow managed to hang herself in a psych ward but i never found out how she managed it.

TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Waiting for the worms to come
Jul 4, 2020
The last psych ward I was in had a toilet and sink within the bathroom. I thought that theoretically I could use the tap to fill up a paper cup I had and gradually pour water into the toilet so that I could drown myself in it. That's without taking SI and uh.. other factors into account.

Reactions: iDieUDie80 and Iamcharlie
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'd try Epstein's method.

• Love
Reactions: serah, Rocket1Rocket1, Iamcharlie and 2 others
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Play it cool and collaborate so you can leave and ctb outside

Reactions: amnotreal, Woodnote, TAW122 and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It would be really difficult to CTB there as they make it as CTB-proof as possible (yes, while there are some people who manage to slip through the cracks no matter what, those are extremely rare). I can't think of a good one and not to mention that they have people monitoring it all the time as well as limited resources for methods of CTB'ing.

I agree with @ebt88 here in terms of getting out ASAP in order to have more options.

Reactions: TheWalrus, Iamcharlie and ebt88
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I expect a psych ward would actually make me crazy. I'd be fine going in but probably a mess coming out (if ever).

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I know of a psychiatric hospital that started to use white sheets because one woman managed to die by bleeding out. but first you'll need to sneak in something sharp enough to cause heavy bleeding, and luck.

I'd try Epstein's method.

Not a viable method for people who have no ties with the clintons.

Reactions: Ybother and Iamcharlie
B

balancingaqt

Aug 22, 2018
Run headfirst into a concrete wall?

Reactions: Ybother and Iamcharlie
Black Rose Bunny

Black Rose Bunny

I’m having simpsons of mental illness
Jan 29, 2020
None of the ones I went to had door knobs. I had an idea of taking the graphite out of pencils and sticking it in the outlet, since graphite is conductive but I don't think it's conductive enough and they had safety things on them anyways and they were short but also I'm sure you would break the graphite if you got shocked since it causes your muscles to tensen.

I had another idea though. Since they gave us these "hygiene buckets" for our lotion brushes chapstick and stuff and these buckets had no holes, and since they didn't look in the shower or anything (I took an hour long shower one time because panic attacks, and didn't hear from anyone so I assume I wouldn't have been found in time). I was thinking I could fill the bucket with water and like hold my breath or squeeze the artery and vein in my neck I could pass out into the bucket and potentially drown, but idk since I've heard you thrash around if you can't breathe and are unconscious

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Let's imagine that you were left alone for about 15 minutes at night in your room, how would you guys do it?

Or in the day time,
I've heard people trying to OD on salt and hang yourself with bedsheets-(I dont know what would be on the other end of the sheet because there's basically no where to tie it off).

Anyways,
What are your thoughts?
Got any ideas other then bashing your head into a wall?

The correct answer would obviously be to wait until you are out of the pysch ward-act compliant tell them whatever they want to hear etc. One of the main problems is you don't want to severely injury yourself and be saved. Could you probably come up with something that would be near 100% with extreme difficulty , well yea but it's still so much more difficult, inconvient

Reactions: amnotreal and WearyOfStruggling