ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Maybe a race to nowhere, still hope that I win
Aug 20, 2023
Pretty much my only hobby and only thing that makes me feel good is guitar, wondering if anyone wants to talk. Share music, rigs, pedals, chords they like, whatever. I don't want to exclude other musicians, I just play guitar and that's what I know and like. Anyone who wants to post about music stuff should!

I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years now, I play a tele that I did some mods too. I have a really crappy bugera v22 tube amp, but I get nice tones out of it, so I don't mind. I use an optical compressor, pre amp, tube screamer, rat, into the front of my amp, and then a chorus and delay in the fx loop. I try to stick to analog gear cause I like old technology.

I listen and play a lot of Midwest emo, jrock, and post hardcore. Some music that inspires me is Brand New, American Football, The Armed, Glassjaw, MCR, and 90's alt rock stuff. My favorite chord is a major 9, I like using FACGCE tuning sometimes, but I've been doing a lot of drop D cause heavy music.

I hope to connect with some other musicians and maybe find some joy in art together.

• Love
Reactions: Wehmut
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
I have short bursts of about a few months where I'm very interested in playing. Currently, I have no interest. I'm not really good at it either, nor do I have much knowledge besides the basics. I wish I would've played it consistently since I first picked it up a few years ago, imagining how skilled I would be now. I still have time, though.

ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Aug 20, 2023
I feel you friend, I wish I had started earlier.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Yeah I play, and a lot longer than two years! I remember my mum saying I wouldn't stick with it, yet it's been the biggest constant in my life.

I'm only now starting to appreciate the Tele, I play my sunburst Fender Player (superb quality guitars imo) more than the others. Burgera V22s...I heard positive things about it years ago, but less so its reliability and quality control. I've lots of effects like space echo, gt100, wah, good old rat...but I don't want to annoy the neighbours so I mostly play through the Mustang Micro alone... thoroughly recommend it. I wish that had been around when I was learning. Never been a better time for cheaper quality guitars and equipment and home recording.

I only got into guitar because I wanted to write songs, and had little natural talent actually playing it. I was much more suited to bass, much more suited to supporting live, and played in a few bands, but those days are long gone. I don't think I've picked up my bass in three years. I definitely think without the guitar I would have CTB by now. I'm not materialistic but even looking at guitars gives me a good feeling.

ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Aug 20, 2023
Thanks for replying. I thought this thread was a waste. I also have a sunburst player series tele, but I stickerbombed it. My bugera is really good, I get lots of compliments on my tone through it.

I also got into guitar because I wanted to be a songwriter. I really idolized Jesse Lacey (he's cancelled oh well) and wanted to be a singer song writer rhythm guitarist and I can't sing lol oh well. I play lead guitar in my band that's probably gonna fall apart. And I relate, the only thing I have in my life that brings me any kind of joy is guitar, but it can't save me lol

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I'm surprised more people haven't responded! Maybe that's a sign of the times. It was great when the guitar was at the forefront of popular music. But times change.

Can relate on the singing, it's definitely been limiting for me. Bands are always splitting, they make romantic relationships seem easy by comparison! Maybe AI is the answer to this...

Keep rockin'

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I'm not as knowledgeable on this guitar stuff as you guys, but I've had this nice Ibanez electric guitar, plus a little fender amp. Got em both for cheap on Facebook Marketplace. I replaced the strings, adjusted the string height, and now it plays beautifully. It's been exactly 12 months now. Exactly 1 year ago I'd only really knew how to play some simple ukulele songs, and on guitar I just knew the C Cord, but this past year I've been learning on YouTube and can play various songs now. What inspired me initially was on people on instagram like Will Paquin, whoisazar & SEDVATED, kcwearsstrips, Ichika Nito (the goat), and more. I've learned about finger style from Will Paquin, learned one of his songs. Learned about indie rock / midwest emo from whoisazar and learned one of his songs. I also learned some cool Bossa Nova style finger patterns and chords on yt. I just love playing chill stuff. Hmm, who else... ohh yeah fifi bisnar has many beautiful covers, I love her style. She usually does a simple backing track, loops it, then does the main track and damn it comes together so well. Right now I use a Scarlett Red to connect my electric guitar to my laptop and in garage band and I can loop stuff and layer things, it's so cool. But I do want to get an actual physical pedal or whatever other gear people use to get such a cool and soft sound. Any tips?
Oh yeah, I also learned Tadow by Masego & FKJ, it's such a beautiful one. And Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County, that one hits different.

ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Aug 20, 2023
I'm surprised more people haven't responded! Maybe that's a sign of the times. It was great when the guitar was at the forefront of popular music. But times change.

Can relate on the singing, it's definitely been limiting for me. Bands are always splitting, they make romantic relationships seem easy by comparison! Maybe AI is the answer to this...

Keep rockin'
I'm not sure I have too much rocking left in me. gonna play one last chord and hope it's a good one
I'm not as knowledgeable on this guitar stuff as you guys, but I've had this nice Ibanez electric guitar, plus a little fender amp. Got em both for cheap on Facebook Marketplace. I replaced the strings, adjusted the string height, and now it plays beautifully. It's been exactly 12 months now. Exactly 1 year ago I'd only really knew how to play some simple ukulele songs, and on guitar I just knew the C Cord, but this past year I've been learning on YouTube and can play various songs now. What inspired me initially was on people on instagram like Will Paquin, whoisazar & SEDVATED, kcwearsstrips, Ichika Nito (the goat), and more. I've learned about finger style from Will Paquin, learned one of his songs. Learned about indie rock / midwest emo from whoisazar and learned one of his songs. I also learned some cool Bossa Nova style finger patterns and chords on yt. I just love playing chill stuff. Hmm, who else... ohh yeah fifi bisnar has many beautiful covers, I love her style. She usually does a simple backing track, loops it, then does the main track and damn it comes together so well. Right now I use a Scarlett Red to connect my electric guitar to my laptop and in garage band and I can loop stuff and layer things, it's so cool. But I do want to get an actual physical pedal or whatever other gear people use to get such a cool and soft sound. Any tips?
Oh yeah, I also learned Tadow by Masego & FKJ, it's such a beautiful one. And Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County, that one hits different.
If you're interested in super clean tone stuff, like I imagine you are, most people just use compressor, boost/preamp pedal, reverb and delay, and sometimes chorus. Usually through a fender amp, usually with single coils, tho humbuckers work for a warmer tone, I just prefer single coils. My clean tone is an optical compressor (Walrus Mira), pre amp (walrus voyager), chorus (pan melon chorus), delay (MXR Carbon Copy) with my amps built in spring reverb. I'm kind of picky with pedals, I try not to spend more than $100 on a pedal, and try to do only analog pedals, but you don't have to be like me, have a ball. If you get really into pedals, an isolated power supply will be nice.

Reactions: tiger b and theslasher
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
But I do want to get an actual physical pedal or whatever other gear people use to get such a cool and soft sound. Any tips?

Above post says it well. I'd be tempted in your shoes to get a cheap multi fx second hand at this point, just to muck about with the sounds themselves, even if it's not amazing quality it'll give you ideas and you'll recoup most of the cash if you sell it on. Or just keep it for simple practice. It'll probably be surprisingly good at doing one thing well. Of course, there are you tube videos on pedals (thatpedalguy springs to mind immediately but could be better) and articles on what pedal combinations certain musicians use.

Last edited:
Reactions: theslasher
ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Aug 20, 2023
Above post says it well. I'd be tempted in your shoes to get a cheap multi fx second hand at this point, just to muck about with the sounds themselves, even if it's not amazing quality it'll give you ideas and you'll recoup most of the cash if you sell it on. Or just keep it for simple practice. It'll probably be surprisingly good at doing one thing well. Of course, there are you tube videos on pedals (thatpedalguy springs to mind immediately but could be better) and articles on what pedal combinations certain musicians use.
The cheap multi fx isn't a bad idea honestly, Have a Nice Life by Deathconsciousness was basically exclusively done through GarageBand and a multi fx. A cheap way people test out if they like pedals is Behringer, they make lil plastic pedals that are pretty good replicas of whatever circuit they're using. JHS Pedals made a nice video about them. Otherwise you can just dive head first for halos and buy pedals and sell them when you stop liking them

Reactions: tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Definitely got a lot of time for Behringers.

Also, thanks for the maj9 reminder. Starts one of my favourite Smiths songs and I should use it more.

Reactions: ToniFoxGirl!!
ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Aug 20, 2023
Definitely got a lot of time for Behringers.

Also, thanks for the maj9 reminder. Starts one of my favourite Smiths songs and I should use it more.
I have a behringer EQ pedal cause the circuit is identical. If you don't stomp it too hard, it'll last a while!

Maj9, Min11, Min9, sus2, and Maj6 are all very typical chords for me to play in a given song haha I can't play barre chords cause of a hand injury in high school, so I do a lot of jazz chords

Reactions: tiger b
Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
I play guitar as well. Feel free to talk to me via private message if you want to. I play mostly Black metal and I am trying to learn lead guitar. Although I do not play it, I love midwest emo.