Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
I'm currently learning how to play the guitar. It'll be cool to know if there is anyone on here that does also.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
How good?

Not very. I was good at writing interesting music, but never did learn how to improvise leads.
I'd have to hear the lead I wanted in my head first, then teach myself how to play it.
I was good enough to have a band in the '90s, but it's only rock and roll - it doesn't have to be "good", as long as it's sincere. At least that was always my take on it.

Reactions: For-Sale?
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I play well enough to scare the rats away. Lots of great free resources and lessons on YouTube for any play style you wish to pursue. It is mind boggling at what we get for free these days.

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Played classically, self taught, had a "brain event". forgot how to play, went to banjo. =p

Zozo

Zozo

May 4, 2020
I does. I does play it. guitar I mean. I does.

Reactions: For-Sale? and Eurus
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I suck at it but it's a deep rooted love that started 20+ years ago. No matter how hard I would train, I would never turn as a guitar hero, because I'm not really wired physically. I think I'm sort of incapacitated with motricity, maybe due to a kind of underlying autism or similar. So I have my limits recognised. My love of music is so appreciative that I'm turning away to play myself. Some just do it better than I can.

Anyway, I don't know any song from start to finish. I rather enjoy to create short haikus when I feel inspired.

My favourite flavour is acoustic. To wish, I would name Elliott Smith as my god, if only I could reach his playing level.

Good luck at climbing the ladders. Pun intended ;)

kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
used to play briefly in school music classes but couldn't afford to buy instruments - if i had the money, i would've been a one man band before i hit 13 lol

• Love
Reactions: For-Sale? and pete_x
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Classical guitarist here :happy:

• Love
Reactions: For-Sale?, pete_x and enjolras
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Yes, I play guitar. Started when I was 13, completely self-taught. What's frustrating is the thought that I could have been really good at it, had my parents cared enough to get me lessons. But they didn't, nor did I ever get any formal education in music theory in school. I just learned by figuring out songs that I liked at the time and playing along. I used to be pretty good but I've gotten lazy. When I was playing a lot I even branched off into other instruments like bass, mandolin and banjo.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, For-Sale?, pete_x and 1 other person

May 18, 2020
I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years now, it's a great way to distract yourself from reality. My favorite thing is to just play along to my favorite songs. I have learned at least 200 songs but most of them are probably forgotten by now and need to be relearned. Are you learning acoustic or electric? Are you into Any type of music in particular?

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I have sort of decided to experiment new horizons about everything in life.
In that particular mood, today I woke up & decided, let's sell my acoustic guitar and part of it will go to purchase ...equipment to create (humble) techno music. I hear you may say: What the heck ? Well yeah, that's precisely the goal, welcome unexplored change with a goofy smile :wink:

Here it is: Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 (CCFL2-BB-AE). Initially, it was a NAMM show display model... that I imported from the USA back to Europe.
Australian woods : Bunya top + Blackwood back & sides, with rare 3 pieces back. Cutaway & electronic, amazing 3 way pickup (renowned once plugged). In perfect condition
(Not inexpensive : escrow could be arranged) If mods disagree, please delete post, don't shoot the man ! Somehow, it's part of my recovery you know, as well as could contribute to someone else's

3D6B56BD FE29 4AD4 B010 9A3BFBC51D05

F9E646CD F2EF 4003 A659 372BE0CD0D2C

You may have heard this brand / dreadnought model through this artist, although his is made of maple wood (brighter, better for studio use, less so stage)

Attachments

• DF5E81CA-6345-4F83-8D83-1CD5C860D973.jpeg
    DF5E81CA-6345-4F83-8D83-1CD5C860D973.jpeg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 71365011-0C17-4002-9E6B-796AC2525FAB.jpeg
    71365011-0C17-4002-9E6B-796AC2525FAB.jpeg
    889.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 4FA2D2D8-6431-4235-A5AC-063ABA13550F.jpeg
    4FA2D2D8-6431-4235-A5AC-063ABA13550F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • AEC26564-B4D5-4EEB-B923-D268FE0104A0.jpeg
    AEC26564-B4D5-4EEB-B923-D268FE0104A0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 84366248-4442-476B-9C9C-9CDBE8663B3C.jpeg
    84366248-4442-476B-9C9C-9CDBE8663B3C.jpeg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I play bass and acoustic, I find it quite therapeutic to play. I have pretty bad performance ancxiety though, I haven't played in a while.

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
still got a Squier Jazzmaster electric guitar (maybe not for long), which has been my dream axe always ...until I got one, got disenchanted ! on hands, Telecaster are just dope regarding playability & comfort

anyway, got this course to make my brain ache and my fingers bleed ;-; (John Mayer calls her a legend. Top world guitarist. I'm a fan). never "schooled", I'm not that good and technically reached a plateau phase a long time ago

started by piano at 6yo but dropped rapidly. Regrets....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinai Silence
ravergirl

ravergirl

Death becomes her
Jul 22, 2020
I play bass.

Reactions: enjolras and Sinai Silence
ravergirl

ravergirl

Death becomes her
Jul 22, 2020
I fangirl female bassists. Like Tina Weymouth from Talking Heads.

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Know a few tunes. I'll look for her deeper.
Not many come to mind instantly: Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth, Jenny Lindberg from Warpaint.

Lately, been enjoying Eva Moolchan the most, who debuted solo on bass + drum machine but is now drifting more towards electro-rap, driving a kaleidoscopic vibe

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Are there FX pedal junkies out there, like me ? If so, please share your secret weapons

I absolutely adore this ambient trippy channel of pedals' demo'ing, cause he absolutely nails the very indie style that touches the strings of my heart

but this one is more famous

also, if there are users of alternate tunings, please share them. I wanna compile a list of uncommon ones

Last edited:
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
I have sort of decided to experiment new horizons about everything in life.
In that particular mood, today I woke up & decided, let's sell my acoustic guitar and part of it will go to purchase ...equipment to create (humble) techno music. I hear you may say: What the heck ? Well yeah, that's precisely the goal, welcome unexplored change with a goofy smile :wink:

Here it is: Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 (CCFL2-BB-AE). Initially, it was a NAMM show display model... that I imported from the USA back to Europe.
Australian woods : Bunya top + Blackwood back & sides, with rare 3 pieces back. Cutaway & electronic, amazing 3 way pickup (renowned once plugged). In perfect condition
(Not inexpensive : escrow could be arranged) If mods disagree, please delete post, don't shoot the man ! Somehow, it's part of my recovery you know, as well as could contribute to someone else's

View attachment 39933

View attachment 39930

You may have heard this brand / dreadnought model through this artist, although his is made of maple wood (brighter, better for studio use, less so stage)

Sold to a frenchie met today after a 5 hours drive, who exactly played Jack Johnson's "Better together" to try it out :)

When will we see a membership map to promote connections?

Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I'm currently learning how to play the guitar. It'll be cool to know if there is anyone on here that does also.
God is Gangsta... well, well, well. 2 years later, still waiting for that $50 you owe me, you son of a-

I does. I does play it. guitar I mean. I does.
Was this guy roasting my grammar?

Last edited: