notsohpy

notsohpy

Aug 18, 2024
I cut myself often with a razor, it relieves me temporarily of the pain in my life but also leaves scars I don't want anybody to see. Is there anything else that helped you to deal with the urge of self harm?

Reactions: fatladysings
Terramoro

Terramoro

Apr 8, 2023
When I did it, I always used a dull box cutter. The cuts were very shallow and therefore didn't leave any scars. It helped me when I had a really bad time, but I don't know if it would work for you.

Reactions: notsohpy
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
Go cautiously with the cutting - I have a badly scarred left arm as a result of self harming with a scalpel in my teens and I've been hiding my left arm for 33 years and I really, really wish I'd never done it. It's been a pain in the ass hiding it all the time. 33 years of not being able to roll up my sleeves or wear short sleeved tops. I still self harm but I use my lower legs as they're much easier to hide than my arms. I also only go quite lightly and I only have very light scarring on my legs, it wouldn't be noticeable unless you were looking for it.

The main thing that helps me avoid self harming is food. I find that 100g of chocolate helps dampen down the urge. Yes I'm overweight but it doesn't bother me much. I used to care about my weight but I don't any more, it's just how I've become as I've got older.

I hope you will try chocolate instead, at least some of the time. I know chocolate is not healthy but it is the lesser of two evils, and chocolate will not leave you permanently disfigured.

🤗