berd

berd

Feb 24, 2022
(title)
I'm starting to worry about myself. I don't feel like going to therapy in person. I'm already broke as shit and don't feel like spending either $60 to $100+ for a session, I've been trying to find free ones but it's impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, waitingforrest, Manaaja and 1 other person
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
That would be great if there was such a thing.

Reactions: waitingforrest
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Therapy can be less expensive if you have good insurance, and many in-person therapists also offer telehealth these days.

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
It's not really therapy, but there are some really good free listeners on 7cups. It's hit and miss, but I've found a few amazing ones.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness, berd and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Trying to be kind in saying this... many people do not have insurance at all or they can only have the type of insurance that covers very little. For example, there are a lot of "Marketplace" policies that cover NOTHING until a high deductible is met. Moreover, "telehealth" does not equate to free or inexpensive. Sometimes it does, but not always. I would assume that a person asking this question is in a situation where they have to self-pay for whatever reason. There can be a discount for self-paying customers sometimes, but that is not helpful when you have NO MONEY. Personally, I was once given a "scaled" payment (supposedly according to my earnings) that was an amount that I could not afford to pay. Healthcare for profit is horrible. /rant over

Reactions: berd, Deleted member 8975 and symphony