• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Enclosed photos of where I am currently—in rural Germanic Europe.

I want to attempt hanging, and under the current crisis, not likely I'll have the opportunity to rent a hotel room, as everything on this planet is not open for the moment.

I'm here by the kindness of my friends, but I'm wearing out my welcome simply due to overstaying. I have no place to go in the USA and I suspect I'll have to ctb sooner as a result of the World's lockdown.

The Europeans (Germanic Europe in particular) have a way of trimming and manicuring the landscape very nicely, but without a means of accessing tree branches to hang from, and I noticed too that the "woods" are not all that thick - they are more or less groves that do not offer much visual coverage in order to hide in.

The structure of the trees do not offer much in terms of accessing a branch to do a full suspension.

For those Europeans whose goal is to ctb via hanging, do you have any advice on alternative locations in Germanic Europe that is discrete and offers a means to hang?

It's either ctb or end up homeless.

Really need the input here.....thanks!

IMG 20200408 135828347 IMG 20200408 135834499 IMG 20200408 135828347 IMG 20200408 135834499 IMG 20200408 140006018

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lostangel, voyager, Let'sgetoutofHERE and 2 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Are you sure you really want to do this?

Finding a tree with thick branches shouldn't be very difficult. Of course you shouldn't search for pines, instead look for an oak or a beech... I don't know how the US should differ from Germany regarding places to hang yourself.

Dude, can't you just talk to your friends/ relatives about the situation?

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, autumnal, enjolras and 1 other person
letmeseethedeath

letmeseethedeath

catching the bus
Aug 4, 2018
i'm planning to ctb too because of it. i wish i could help you but you can try partial suspension as i'm planning too with the door

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ManWithNoName, Weeping Garbage Can and voyager
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
You should look for an actual forest btw. Where are you located? Germany, Switzerland, Austria? And where exactly, which Bundesland/ Kanton?

Reactions: ManWithNoName
B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
I look at such a beautiful landscape... I am sad to hear you want to ctb... I imagined someone living surrounded by nature in a time like this would... to the very least, want to enjoy how little precious time we still have on this earth.

Not that I am judging you, under no circumstance, it's just... sad and dissapointing to know that isn't true.

I am sorry, my friend. I truly am. And wish you best. Should you decide to stay with us... or to end it all.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Are you sure you really want to do this?

Finding a tree with thick branches shouldn't be very difficult. Of course you shouldn't search for pines, instead look for an oak or a beech... I don't know how the US should differ from Germany regarding places to hang yourself.

Dude, can't you just talk to your friends/ relatives about the situation?
Everybody is scared shitless with this pandemic. The only family I have is a cousin who has had kimo and a reduced immune system and is understandably afraid to have me, despite that we get a long really well.

The other closest family is a very kind elderly couple who have been über kind and very supportive, but they are in their 70's and very concerned for their health as well.

The photos that were enclosed in my post is exactly how it is throughout this area: just grove after grove of these tall pines, inaccessible branches, and no real cover. I have not ventured up the mountains, the discretion would be better, however the trees would be the same—not practical to hang from.

I'm really backed into a fucking corner here.

• Aww..
Reactions: voyager, enjolras and Oyoy
A

Antibody246

Mar 26, 2020
Everybody is scared shitless with this pandemic. The only family I have is a cousin who has had kimo and a reduced immune system and is understandably afraid to have me, despite that we get a long really well.

The other closest family is a very kind elderly couple who have been über kind and very supportive, but they are in their 70's and very concerned for their health as well.

The photos that were enclosed in my post is exactly how it is throughout this area: just grove after grove of these tall pines, inaccessible branches, and no real cover. I have not ventured up the mountains, the discretion would be better, however the trees would be the same—not practical to hang from.

I'm really backed into a fucking corner here.
do people make noise when full suspended? should one mouth-tape to avoid discovery if he decide to hang when neighbors are asleep?

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I Im sorry, my friend. I truly am. And wish you best. Should you decide to stay with us... or to end it all.
Thanks for your kind words. Indeed my situation is weird.
You should look for an actual forest btw. Where are you located? Germany, Switzerland, Austria? And where exactly, which Bundesland/ Kanton?
I'm located in rural Austria - midway between Salzburg and Linz. Are you familiar with that region? Perhaps you could recommend a place I can run off too that is hidden and can provide adequate trees or something to hang from.

Last edited:
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for your kind words. Indeed my situation is weird.

I'm located in rural Austria - midway between Salzburg and Linz. Are you familiar with that region? Perhaps you could recommend a place I can run off too that is hidden and can provide adequate trees or something to hang from.
Cant you just open up Google maps with satellite pictures and mark the next biggest forest? Then either walk there or take the train/ bus.

Not familiar with the region, no. Near Salzburg there should be enough quiet spaces in the forest, a lot of lakes and so on.
Screenshot 20200408 175052
There's a lot of forest to the SOUTH* (edit lol) of you.

That should be between 10-50km away from where you are... Maybe even doable in a day on foot.

If you purchase a tent and some supplies you can pretend to be going on a camping trip, but I don't know how much money you have left.
Screenshot 20200408 175710
So if you are serious, pack some supplies and then march there using Google maps. Should be quite easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
You can have a look near the river "Donau", there should be more trees that could work. It´s often easier to do it near a river or a lake, where are other trees than in the forests.

• Love
Reactions: ManWithNoName and letmeseethedeath
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I live in Germany and had a similar problem in the rural place where I lived. In the end I decided to try partial hanging instead. Thought night-night method looked good too. The dark green areas on Google maps should have more trees though.

I truly wish you the best and hope you recover from this. I'm sure that no matter how much you think "you've worn out your welcome", your friends would be happy to help. Searching for your dead body would be far far worse for them than letting you stay for a few more months. Times are tough with corona, but it won't (can't) last for that much longer.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Germany has the same problem as austria: More conifers than other trees. And conifers are mostly high without much branches in the right height. Near rivers an lakes there are more willows and birch trees that are better for a full suspension hanging. I would not do partial suspension, I would search for the right tree and do full suspension, it´s safer.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Cant you just open up Google maps with satellite pictures and mark the next biggest forest? Then either walk there or take the train/ bus.

Not familiar with the region, no. Near Salzburg there should be enough quiet spaces in the forest, a lot of lakes and so on.
View attachment 31230
There's a lot of forest to the SOUTH* (edit lol) of you.

That should be between 10-50km away from where you are... Maybe even doable in a day on foot.

If you purchase a tent and some supplies you can pretend to be going on a camping trip, but I don't know how much money you have left.
View attachment 31231
So if you are serious, pack some supplies and then march there using Google maps. Should be quite easy.
Good advice. Sometimes satellite views can be deceiving, this is why I wanted to inquire with anyone who actually knows the area and the type of terrain and trees, etc.
You can have a look near the river "Donau", there should be more trees that could work. It´s often easier to do it near a river or a lake, where are other trees than in the forests.
Will do, thanks.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Good advice. Sometimes satellite views can be deceiving, this is why I wanted to inquire with anyone who actually knows the area and the type of terrain and trees, etc.

Will do, thanks.
I mean I have been to Bad Ischl for example and there are a lot of foresty areas. You will find an appropriate tree in every forest, I will promise you that.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Bad Ischl has the same problem like many forests here in austria: Mostly monoculture with conifers...

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Bad Ischl has the same problem like many forests here in austria: Mostly monoculture with conifers...
Oh okay. Whatever: if it really hinges upon finding a place to tie the rope to, it won't be a problem—I just have a feeling that that is not really OPs problem, which is relatable.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm sorry you're in such a stressful situation.

I've spent several months in Germany. I spent a lot of time hiking in a park called "Bad Schandau". The main trails are quite populated, but you can easily find veer off the beaten path and find locations where you won't encounter another soul all day

Reactions: quifg
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I truly wish you the best and hope you recover from this. I'm sure that no matter how much you think "you've worn out your welcome", your friends would be happy to help. Searching for your dead body would be far far worse for them than letting you stay for a few more months.
My friends struggle financially, they are not in a position to feed an additional person. I have to get out asap. I was hoping to get work under the table in the area, but so far no luck.
Limited funds but could get a tent - the trouble is everything is closed due to the crisis. I was told that Austria has the tightest regulations in all of the EU right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: a.n.kirillov
A

Antibody246

Mar 26, 2020
I'm sorry but I'm somewhat retarded. I've been told to use two knots for full suspension method -
slipknot for the noose and snuggle hitch for the ligature. Will I need to make another knot if my rope is too long?

H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
I am from Upper Austria and ctb by hanging is my chosen method and i know two people personally who did it like that, in the woods.
You do find strong enough trees here, with no problem. Sure, most of forests are monocultures and there are not many big trees around, but go for a hike and you will find one or two, no need to travel further, just search locally. Maybe go near a river.
Just walk for a kilometer or so and then report back. I wouldn't believe that you didn't find anything good, especially since the few old trees here are under protection and they don't take them down.

And consider if you really need that tree for it. I personally feel more comfortable with doing it on the inside when nobody is around with setting an automated message to the local police. So it's controlled and no random wanderer can fuck you over and the people who find you are prepared.
But i guess you do not have that option when living with your buddy?

And god, there are many people hiking those days. Look at the streets and there are always people walking by. More than there were before CoVid19. Probably because going for a walk is still allowed and people have nothing else to do, so you see them outside.

btw. i am new and was just lurking for a bit and made the account because i saw this thread

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
UPDATE: Just recently my cousin has offered to have me stay, for a while anyway, if I quarantine myself for two weeks once I arrive back to the States. But seriously, I'm thinking I'd rather ctb in rural Austria then go back to America....I'm not certain if I have a future at all—really undecided right now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.n.kirillov and voyager
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I personally feel more comfortable with doing it on the inside when nobody is around with setting an automated message to the local police. So it's controlled and no random wanderer can fuck you over and the people who find you are prepared.
But i guess you do not have that option when living with your buddy?
Inside would be good. I know a hotel that has cross beams that I can get the rope over and hang from—but all pensions and hotels are closed, period.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov