Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
Anyone here that still listen to dubstep?

after 2013 the genre has kinda faded away from the public which I understand.
but sad to see because it has become one of my favorite genres out there besides something like dariacore/mashcore.

I'll be surpise if I get a response on here from someone that still listens to dubstep and i'll be happy to chat about it if you do listen to it <3
the artists I listen to are (mainly sticking to big names here) skrillex, knife party, zomboy, kill the noise, excision, virtual riot

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
SpaceBoyEvangef

SpaceBoyEvangef

"Gonna get you like a space boy!"
Aug 16, 2023
I don't really listen to dubstep per say, but I do listen to industrial music and breakcore/speedcore if these mix in with the whole clump of electronic music.

Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
I find Breakcore to be really interesting. I have some breakcore songs in my playlist and they are something.

they give me a weird space internet feeling I can't explain.
Idk if breakcore is really like that it could be the subgenre of breakcore I am listening to, glitchbreak.

Glad to see though seeing people that enjoy these mostly obscure edm genres
I don't really listen to dubstep per say, but I do listen to industrial music and breakcore/speedcore if these mix in with the whole clump of electronic music.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceBoyEvangef
SpaceBoyEvangef

SpaceBoyEvangef

"Gonna get you like a space boy!"
Aug 16, 2023
I find Breakcore to be really interesting. I have some breakcore songs in my playlist and they are something.

they give me a weird space internet feeling I can't explain.
Idk if breakcore is really like that it could be the subgenre of breakcore I am listening to, glitchbreak.

Glad to see though seeing people that enjoy these mostly obscure edm genres
I like all sorts of music genres, hell, in my free time I will listen to music from goddamn Homestar Runner, I'll listen to about anything you throw at me as long as it isn't country, country music tends to make me sad due to things in my personal life.

Reactions: Aloneisbestforme
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
PSHHH WUB WUB WUB

Nah jk I like some Dubstep and even more so, Glitch Hop. I miss the monstercat era where it was banger after banger. Don't really care about House and most D'n'B. And no, not Glitch Hop of the likes of Fat Rat - Unity, the stuff closer to Dubstep. I have a small playlist (~100 tracks on Spotify) but I don't care too much to listen or update it anymore.

Nowadays I'm more likely to listen to Vaporwave, Industrial Metal the likes of MASTER BOOT RECORD, or older Electronic like Jean Michel Jarre.

To name different artists than you, I like MDK, some Tristam, KOAN Sound. Snowblind by Au5 still makes me tear up to this day.

@whywere I remember you mentioned that you were into electronic music to me (sorry for not responding!) Any opinions on the subgenres?

Last edited:
Reactions: psp3000, Aloneisbestforme and kernel_panic
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
I like all sorts of music genres, hell, in my free time I will listen to music from goddamn Homestar Runner, I'll listen to about anything you throw at me as long as it isn't country, country music tends to make me sad due to things in my personal life.
I see that's honestly awesome to hear.

I remember a video I watched like a insanely long time ago that said our music taste goes as deep the ocean and after I heard that I wanted to explore deep in music in all the main genres and now I have this big ass playlist atleast with 300 different genres of music including the subgenres of

rock, metal, edm, hip hop, pop, and even weird stuff like noise wall (which is a wall of noise. I am not kidding lol)
PSHHH WUB WUB WUB

Nah jk I like some Dubstep and even more so, Glitch Hop. I miss the monstercat era where it was banger after banger. Don't really care about House and most D'n'B. And no, not Glitch Hop of the likes of Fat Rat - Unity, the stuff closer to Dubstep. I have a small playlist (~100 tracks on Spotify) but I don't care too much to listen or update it anymore.

Nowadays I'm more likely to listen to Vaporwave, Industrial Metal the likes of MASTER BOOT RECORD, or older Electronic like Jean Michel Jarre.

To name different artists than you, I like MDK, some Tristam, KOAN Sound. Snowblind by Au5 still makes me tear up to this day.

@whywere I remember you mentioned that you were into electronic music to me (sorry for not responding!) Any opinions on the subgenres?

YOOOO you just brought back memories with koan sound - sly fox.

That song is so friendly and chill to listen to. I remember my friend showed me that song and I feel in love with it.
use to bump this back in the day when I was playing cod zombies high rounds. what a time that was but anyways Tristam and mdk and au5?

these are insanely great picks (especially au5) snowblind is a classic to forever be remember in dubstep. another great song that you might've listen by him is only in a dream. if you haven't heard it you should check it out. even if you don't really listen to dubstep like music anymore. it's such a pretty song.

And the other's too like mdk I haven't heard much by him besides like finger dash and press start and space invaders and some others I maybe forgetting.
But i'm sure his other works are as great as what I just listed.

Glad to see a fellow enjoyer of that music!

Last edited:
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
rock, metal, edm, hip hop, pop, and even weird stuff like noise wall (which is a wall of noise. I am not kidding lol)

Might be getting a bit off-topic but I really want to throw these two songs at you, I think you'll also like them:

Spooky Trap/Dubstep? I'm not great at electronic subgenres haha

The Industrial/Electronic Metal band I mentioned. It doesn't have the same drops like dubstep but I think it goes hard.

IDM. Since you're into some noise you might like some unconventional stuff. There was a weird 90s style 3D animation music video that has been lost to time of this track. Really made me felt like I was being reprogrammed.

YOOOO you just brought back memories with koan sound - sly fox.

Yeaaah haha I think that track and the 80's fitness song were EVERYWHERE on the Youtube hour-long playlists

these are insanely great picks (especially au5) snowblind is a classic to forever be remember in dubstep. another great song that you might've listen by him is only in a dream. if you haven't heard it you should check it out. even if you don't really listen to dubstep like music anymore. it's such a pretty song.

Oh I still do like the genre, I'm revisiting my old playlist and having fun :)

It is indeed a pretty and fun song, and no I hadn't heard of it! Thanks, added to my playlist šŸ˜„

Reactions: Aloneisbestforme
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
Might be getting a bit off-topic but I really want to throw these two songs at you, I think you'll also like them:

Spooky Trap/Dubstep? I'm not great at electronic subgenres haha

The Industrial/Electronic Metal band I mentioned. It doesn't have the same drops like dubstep but I think it goes hard.

IDM. Since you're into some noise you might like some unconventional stuff. There was a weird 90s style 3D animation music video that has been lost to time of this track. Really made me felt like I was being reprogrammed.

It's okay lol I don't exactly know what these gernes are but they def have that tone to it though!

The synths in BAYAREA.BMP are top notch.
this is getting added in my playlist. and another thing about the song it kinda reminds of future rock which i'm slowly getting into. I feel like you would like this song

(This song is future rock)

It has a electronic feel to it and it sounds so badass. it would make for a insane theme in a video game
and Seven Lions - Serpent of Old. This would fit really well in a concert I feel like. I can easily jump to this!

and the last song list of lists. This is very glitchy and I like glitchy sounds my ears are in love with it. and it's kinda soothing that could be just a me thing but I find it very soothing