A

Ayeitsalaska

Student
Dec 19, 2018
any cures to cure severe depression/suicidal ideation? been severely suicidal since 4 or 5 years old. im now 19

Reactions: Sunset764
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Did you seek professional help from a psychiatrist? If not then go for it.

Reactions: echo_bravo
echo_bravo

echo_bravo

just me and the birds
Jul 17, 2019
I think talk therapy is worth a shot for anyone, although I don't think it helps everyone. Therapy with a good drug combo can be very effective! It wasn't really for me but it probably improved my quality of life a bit just based on being a little more functional at the time.

Reactions: Bagger
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
First step is to try the obvious things like professional help and medication (if that is something you don't mind doing)
Second step is to find something you are really passionate about. This won't be a cure, but could definitely lower the frequency. When you are extremely busy you don't have time to think about anything else. That is just from personal experience.

• Love
Reactions: Sunset764, irrelevant_string, TiredHorse and 3 others
echo_bravo

echo_bravo

just me and the birds
Jul 17, 2019
First step is to try the obvious things like professional help and medication (if that is something you don't mind doing)
Second step is to find something you are really passionate about. This won't be a cure, but could definitely lower the frequency. When you are extremely busy you don't have time to think about anything else. That is just from personal experience.

Being passionate about nearly anything for me has stemmed off some existential dread for sure. Having a good outlet is nice. Good advice.

Reactions: Going Home, Nova and Santiago
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
Weed gets rid of my depression and suicidal ideation. It could cause other problems though.

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Is there a particular stressor causing you to be depressed?

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Have you ever suffered head trauma/concussions? If you have, you might want to check this out:

Reactions: irrelevant_string, Temporarilyabsurd and Misanthrope
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
Have you ever suffered head trauma/concussions? If you have, you might want to check this out:

Thanks for sharing this Orin it embodies quite a bit of hope for more humane approaches.

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
@Orin , thanks for posting that video ... I'd got a bit jaded with the 'passionate ' presenters in the past but this is some great
stuff ! Cheers !