• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd like to pose a hypothetical scenario, at least hypothetical in the present sense.

Suppose I were to fabricate a timed ignition device to light a few buckets of a predetermined amount of charcoal that would result in a lethal concentration of CO within a small space. I would repeatedly test the ignition device(s) in order to make sure that the charcoals would be set afire sufficiently, so that they would continue to burn to a point of becoming red/white hot. With this device, the timing of when ignition begins would be controllable and set by me.

Now, suppose that I took some substance(s), as yet undetermined, in order to achieve unconsciousness. Whatever this substance is would only result in unconsciousness, not death. Basically, it would just put me to "sleep" after some period of time. Again, I would test this substance and amount taken to determine the amount of time it would take to reach unconsciousness and for how long I remained unconscious.

Depending on how long it was determined it took for me to reach unconsciousness with the substance, that amount of time would determine the amount of delay that the timed ignition device for the charcoals would have. For example, if the substance I took to become unconscious took 30 minutes, I might set the timed ignition device for the charcoals at, say, a 45 minute delay from the time I took the substance.

It would not matter if I had to breathe in all of the impurities of the charcoal before they reached the red/white hot stage, because at that stage, I would be unconscious.

I think I already know the answer to the question I have, but want to ask it anyway and get additional input.

My question is if everything would go according to plan, and I took something to make me unconsciousness, and shortly thereafter the charcoals in the buckets were automatically ignited, resulting in a lethal level of CO in a small enclosed space, if I, now being unconscious, would still be able to breathe in enough of the CO to reach lethality?

Is being unconscious by substance the same as being naturally asleep? I know people have died in their sleep by CO, resulting from malfunctioning furnaces, fireplaces, etc. I just want to be sure there is no difference between the two states (of unconsciousness). It may seem obvious what the answer is, but I just need to know and hear it from others who know more than I about this.

If anything in this post isn't clear, just ask and I'll try and clarify. The goal of a setup like this would be to eliminate SI as much as possible. Simply put, a person enters a tent, takes a few pills of something to knock them out, lays down, waits until unconsciousness happens and falls "asleep", charcoals automatically ignite a short time afterward, and the person never wakes up.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Dantec, Dead Meat and 1 other person
W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
I'd like to pose a hypothetical scenario, at least hypothetical in the present sense.

Suppose I were to fabricate a timed ignition device to light a few buckets of a predetermined amount of charcoal that would result in a lethal concentration of CO within a small space. I would repeatedly test the ignition device(s) in order to make sure that the charcoals would be set afire sufficiently, so that they would continue to burn to a point of becoming red/white hot. With this device, the timing of when ignition begins would be controllable and set by me.

Now, suppose that I took some substance(s), as yet undetermined, in order to achieve unconsciousness. Whatever this substance is would only result in unconsciousness, not death. Basically, it would just put me to "sleep" after some period of time. Again, I would test this substance and amount taken to determine the amount of time it would take to reach unconsciousness and for how long I remained unconscious.

Depending on how long it was determined it took for me to reach unconsciousness with the substance, that amount of time would determine the amount of delay that the timed ignition device for the charcoals would have. For example, if the substance I took to become unconscious took 30 minutes, I might set the timed ignition device for the charcoals at, say, a 45 minute delay from the time I took the substance.

It would not matter if I had to breathe in all of the impurities of the charcoal before they reached the red/white hot stage, because at that stage, I would be unconscious.

I think I already know the answer to the question I have, but want to ask it anyway and get additional input.

My question is if everything would go according to plan, and I took something to make me unconsciousness, and shortly thereafter the charcoals in the buckets were automatically ignited, resulting in a lethal level of CO in a small enclosed space, if I, now being unconscious, would still be able to breathe in enough of the CO to reach lethality?

Is being unconscious by substance the same as being naturally asleep? I know people have died in their sleep by CO, resulting from malfunctioning furnaces, fireplaces, etc. I just want to be sure there is no difference between the two states (of unconsciousness). It may seem obvious what the answer is, but I just need to know and hear it from others who know more than I about this.

If anything in this post isn't clear, just ask and I'll try and clarify. The goal of a setup like this would be to eliminate SI as much as possible. Simply put, a person enters a tent, takes a few pills of something to knock them out, lays down, waits until unconsciousness happens and falls "asleep", charcoals automatically ignite a short time afterward, and the person never wakes up.
interesting theory. I have looked into CO by charcoal as well. The only flaw I see is that simply igniting charcoal in an enclosed area will result in unbearable smoke and bring you to consciousness. the charcoal has to be brought to the point of being white hot prior to bringing into the enclosed space. feel free to DM me if you would like to discuss more...always willing to talk

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
will result in unbearable smoke and bring you to consciousness.
It will? Is that a for certain? Isn't it true that some people die in house fires by smoke inhalation during their sleep?

W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
It will? Is that a for certain? Isn't it true that some people die in house fires by smoke inhalation during their sleep?
Smoke inhalation causes irritation to the lungs which in turn causes coughing and chest pains among other things. Because CO is less dense than the air around us it is likely that in the cases you mentioned, the fire was further away, probably on a lower floor and the CO rose faster than the rest of the smoke and caused death. To be in the immediate area would be asking for trouble....I'm not an expert but I would not risk it, as we know a failed attempt is far worse than a successful one. Hope you find peace however that may occur.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Smoke inhalation causes irritation to the lungs which in turn causes coughing and chest pains among other things. Because CO is less dense than the air around us it is likely that in the cases you mentioned, the fire was further away, probably on a lower floor and the CO rose faster than the rest of the smoke and caused death. To be in the immediate area would be asking for trouble....I'm not an expert but I would not risk it, as we know a failed attempt is far worse than a successful one. Hope you find peace however that may occur.
What you say makes sense. Is there a greater level of unconsciousness that one can reach, perhaps by taking a stronger substance, that really would put one out? Would any level of unconsciousness be subject to awakening from smoke inhalation?

I'm not quite done, yet, with the basic idea of this method. If indeed the charcoal would cause too much smoke when initially lit, and awaken me from unconsciousness, there is another way, and that is the mixing of formic acid and sulfuric acid. Just as easily as a device could be fabricated to ignite charcoals on a timer, a device could be fabricated to automatically combine the two acids, also on a timer delay. Do you see any problems with this method? Obviously, the idea is that I want to be unconscious when the generation/formation of CO begins. To me, this is the epitome of peacefulness. This is akin to how people die in their sleep from CO poisoning. Dying in your sleep has to be about the gold standard as far as the "whens" and "hows" of dying. When people are asked how they would like to die, they always say, "in my sleep". I don't think any method could get much more peaceful than that, if any/all issues can be worked out.

An alternative approach would be preparing charcoals normally, and placing them in the tent after impurities are burned off. Sometime after an appropriate period of time has passed, when lethal CO levels within the tent are assured, a "delivery mechanism" that would deliver an unconscious "me" into the tent, also on a delay timer, would activate, and move my unconscious self into the tent. This is also doable, but will take a bit more fabrication. Off the top of my head, I'm contemplating a motorized "gurney" of some sort that slides through a semi-sealed entrance into the tent. Even if some amount of CO is lost through the process, once I'm in the tent, if CO generation from the charcoals were high enough, the CO would relatively quickly be restored to a lethal level, all while I remained unconscious. Does it sound like science fiction? It's not. I could make this.

Last edited:
W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
What you say makes sense. Is there a greater level of unconsciousness that one can reach, perhaps by taking a stronger substance, that really would put one out? Would any level of unconsciousness be subject to awakening from smoke inhalation?

I'm not quite done, yet, with the basic idea of this method. If indeed the charcoal would cause too much smoke when initially lit, and awaken me from unconsciousness, there is another way, and that is the mixing of formic acid and sulfuric acid. Just as easily as a device could be fabricated to ignite charcoals on a timer, a device could be fabricated to automatically combine the two acids, also on a timer delay. Do you see any problems with this method? Obviously, the idea is that I want to be unconscious when the generation/formation of CO begins. To me, this is the epitome of peacefulness. This is akin to how people die in their sleep from CO poisoning. Dying in your sleep has to be about the gold standard as far as the "whens" and "hows" of dying. When people are asked how they would like to die, they always say, "in my sleep". I don't think any method could get much more peaceful than that, if any/all issues can be worked out.

An alternative approach would be preparing charcoals normally, and placing them in the tent after impurities are burned off. Sometime after an appropriate period of time has passed, when lethal CO levels within the tent are assured, a "delivery mechanism" that would deliver an unconscious "me" into the tent, also on a delay timer, would activate, and move my unconscious self into the tent. This is also doable, but will take a bit more fabrication. Off the top of my head, I'm contemplating a motorized "gurney" of some sort that slides through a semi-sealed entrance into the tent. Even if some amount of CO is lost through the process, once I'm in the tent, if CO generation from the charcoals were high enough, the CO would relatively quickly be restored to a lethal level, all while I remained unconscious. Does it sound like science fiction? It's not. I could make this.
yes, that is the way to go if you can get the chemicals you need, as a matter of fact if you can I'll be happy to join you..LOL

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
yes, that is the way to go if you can get the chemicals you need, as a matter of fact if you can I'll be happy to join you..LOL
Well, you can be assured I'll be looking into that and I'll report back as soon as I get some info. We can talk about partnering. I can just get a slightly bigger tent to accommodate. Thanks for the advice thus far. As Arnold said, "I'll be Baakk"

W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
Well, you can be assured I'll be looking into that and I'll report back as soon as I get some info. We can talk about partnering. I can just get a slightly bigger tent to accommodate. Thanks for the advice thus far. As Arnold said, "I'll be Baakk"

W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
I am not an expert and did not test, but I studied the theory.
Why not heat up the coals and bring into the enclosed space while taking sleeping pills? As far as I've studied, coals still need time to fill an enclosed space with carbon monoxide? As for me, such a scenario would be more logical. You would know for sure in what condition the coals were and with complete peace of mind you would fall asleep. It can take them up to half an hour to fill a tent with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, but that's from what I've read. I write for the volume of coal within 2 kilograms.

plientje

plientje

Dec 17, 2022

It makes me think about my idea about CTB by carbonmonixide (CO?).. Sorry english is not my first language ☺️ . Are those two the same? CO an Carbonmonixe

my idea is drive my car to a nice spot with a nice few and very abandoned. And then put a hose/tube in the pipe at the back of the car and bring it inside the little window wat the back and seal everything with ducktape..

I did not find any info online of this will be a successful method.

Do you, or anyone else have the knowledge if/how this can work. My plan b was witje the exit bag and helium (but clueless which helium I have to buy) or Nitrogen,, but also super clueless which and where to buy ánd to buy nitrogen you have to pass a procedure - a bit difficult for me it seems atm

W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
It makes me think about my idea about CTB by carbonmonixide (CO?).. Sorry english is not my first language ☺️ . Are those two the same? CO an Carbonmonixe

my idea is drive my car to a nice spot with a nice few and very abandoned. And then put a hose/tube in the pipe at the back of the car and bring it inside the little window wat the back and seal everything with ducktape..

I did not find any info online of this will be a successful method.

Do you, or anyone else have the knowledge if/how this can work. My plan b was witje the exit bag and helium (but clueless which helium I have to buy) or Nitrogen,, but also super clueless which and where to buy ánd to buy nitrogen you have to pass a procedure - a bit difficult for me it seems atm

I do not advise, even if you have an old car without a catalyst, in addition to carbon monoxide, many toxic compounds will be released that are unpleasant.

A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
You massively overcomplicate it. There is no need for such a device. One of the advantages of CO poisoning is that it knocks you out rather fast and pain-free.

f anything in this post isn't clear, just ask and I'll try and clarify. The goal of a setup like this would be to eliminate SI as much as possible. Simply put, a person enters a tent, takes a few pills of something to knock them out, lays down, waits until unconsciousness happens and falls "asleep", charcoals automatically ignite a short time afterward, and the person never wakes up.
Again, there is no point in such a setup. If you can achieve an adequate level of CO concentration in the tent, then you just exhale, enter the tent, take a deep breath (of the fresh CO), lay down, and it's the same result as you are trying to achieve with the device. As far as I know, CO works like this.

plientje

plientje

Dec 17, 2022
I do not advise, even if you have an old car without a catalyst, in addition to carbon monoxide, many toxic compounds will be released that are unpleasant.
Thank you for the respond.. & yes that makes sense 🙃

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Why not heat up the coals and bring into the enclosed space while taking sleeping pills? As far as I've studied, coals still need time to fill an enclosed space with carbon monoxide?
It's about the SI component, at least how my mind sees it. Traditionally, the way you describe the "tent protocol" is oftentimes the way it would be done, if some type of sleeping pills were to be incorporated into the the CTB plan. Of course, sleeping pills aren't necessarily needed, as one can just wait for CO levels to build up and then just enter the tent on one's own accord. However, sleeping pills do not work instantaneously, they take time. So, in the interim while waiting on the sleeping pills to take hold, you would be left to your own devices to just lie and wait, with the mind, also, left to its own devices, while the CO builds up to a lethal level. To me, it seems SI is far less a deterrent when only taking a few sleeping pills, as the pills alone will not bring about death, which would be understood by the person's psyche. Automating the second part, the introduction of the CO into the procedure, after one is peacefully sleeping, may remove much of the anxiety associated with knowing that a life-ending mechanism has started because, at that time, it would not have begun. I think its different knowing that something may happen (things could still go wrong - electricity could go out, charcoal igniters may fail, etc), as opposed to outright overcoming the SI and, actually, entering into a tent that already has a known lethal amount of CO built-up inside. I hope this makes some sense.
Bad idea, as the other poster already suggested. Newer cars don't produce enough CO because of catalytic converters, plus you would have to endure breathing in all of the other noxious gases produced during combustion. With the method you describe, you are more likely to only suffer horrendous injury to yourself, not death, and can end up in a very bad way. Don't do it.

You massively overcomplicate it. There is no need for such a device. One of the advantages of CO poisoning is that it knocks you out rather fast and pain-free.

Again, there is no point in such a setup. If you can achieve an adequate level of CO concentration in the tent, then you just exhale, enter the tent, take a deep breath (of the fresh CO), lay down, and it's the same result as you are trying to achieve with the device. As far as I know, CO works like this.
You would still have to overcome SI and "walk through the door", so to speak. My method takes some amount of the anxiety and SI out of the equation (see my previous post above), since taking a few sleeping pills of some kind induces far less SI, if any, since as it is understood (by the person) that the pills will not produce death, AND it is actually an unknown as to whether the mechanism of delivering the CO into the tent after one is passed-out will work (things can still go wrong). It's like an adaptation of the "don't see it coming" kind of thing. Of course, it depends, somewhat, on convincing one's own mind what to believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wunderkind
W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
It's about the SI component, at least how my mind sees it. Traditionally, the way you describe the "tent protocol" is oftentimes the way it would be done, if some type of sleeping pills were to be incorporated into the the CTB plan. Of course, sleeping pills aren't necessarily needed, as one can just wait for CO levels to build up and then just enter the tent on one's own accord. However, sleeping pills do not work instantaneously, they take time. So, in the interim while waiting on the sleeping pills to take hold, you would be left to your own devices to just lie and wait, with the mind, also, left to its own devices, while the CO builds up to a lethal level. To me, it seems SI is far less a deterrent when only taking a few sleeping pills, as the pills alone will not bring about death, which would be understood by the person's psyche. Automating the second part, the introduction of the CO into the procedure, after one is peacefully sleeping, may remove much of the anxiety associated with knowing that a life-ending mechanism has started because, at that time, it would not have begun. I think its different knowing that something may happen (things could still go wrong - electricity could go out, charcoal igniters may fail, etc), as opposed to outright overcoming the SI and, actually, entering into a tent that already has a known lethal amount of CO built-up inside. I hope this makes some sense.

Bad idea, as the other poster already suggested. Newer cars don't produce enough CO because of catalytic converters, plus you would have to endure breathing in all of the other noxious gases produced during combustion. With the method you describe, you are more likely to only suffer horrendous injury to yourself, not death, and can end up in a very bad way. Don't do it.

You would still have to overcome SI and "walk through the door", so to speak. My method takes some amount of the anxiety and SI out of the equation (see my previous post above), since taking a few sleeping pills of some kind induces far less SI, if any, since as it is understood (by the person) that the pills will not produce death, AND it is actually an unknown as to whether the mechanism of delivering the CO into the tent after one is passed-out will work (things can still go wrong). It's like an adaptation of the "don't see it coming" kind of thing. Of course, it depends, somewhat, on convincing one's own mind what to believe.
A very wise thought.

mandyjohnuk

mandyjohnuk

Specialist
Jul 6, 2021
These have to be burnt outside and then brought in.

W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
Is there one thought in particular? I'd like to know what it is so, maybe, I can expand on it, and it's not every day I get one.
I'm not good with the CO method. This is not my method. I'm not competent enough in it.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm not good with the CO method. This is not my method. I'm not competent enough in it.
I don't know how competent I am with it. Obviously, that may be hard to really know, since I haven't tried it, yet. I don't think any of us can be experts on it, really, and will not know how competent we are EVER, if things actually work out. If they don't work out, I guess we'll get an idea of our incompetence.

A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
But you still have to overcome SI to take the pills. And once you took them, you can still walk out of the tent, or open the door halfway just before you fall completely unconscious etc. etc. We can argue about which situation makes it harder to overcome SI but thinking about these won't lead to the solution you are hoping for. You can't 'outsmart' yourself. Whatever you do, there will still be a point of no return. Whether you are willing to go beyond that point depends on your emotional and mental state, determination, your social environment etc. The problem is not the method. The problem is making the decision.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
But you still have to overcome SI to take the pills.
A much reduced amount of SI because they aren't fatal in and of themselves.

And once you took them, you can still walk out of the tent, or open the door halfway just before you fall completely unconscious etc. etc.
Not quite as likely with the idea in my head that the mechanisms I concocted might not work anyway.

It's easier to just take a couple pills and fall asleep. There's nothing to that, as that's exactly the purpose of taking a few pills, to fall asleep. By leaving the rest of the process to chance, it becomes easier to just lie down, go to sleep, and let the chips fall where they may. I really have to do nothing else other than lay down and fall asleep. The apparatus I made may work, or it may not work. I don't know, really. The way my "outsmart" myself plan, as you call it, helps me is by introducing fate into the equation. I may have helped facilitate the mechanism for delivering the actual CTB materials, but it will come down to fate if it really works when it needs to work. As long as my mind believes the scenario, that's all that matters. Maybe my mind works a bit different than others. I think I can outsmart my brain to some degree. I have in the past in other scenarios. It's whatever works for you.

I'm mostly interested in if I will awaken from an unconscious state due to breathing in smoke from charcoals. The rest I can handle.

A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
The way my "outsmart" myself plan, as you call it, helps me is by introducing fate into the equation.
Ok, so it's like russian roulette, but not with bullets, I get it.

Just out of curiosity, have you actually made such an apparatus? Like you actually have it ready?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ok, so it's like russian roulette, but not with bullets, I get it.

Just out of curiosity, have you actually made such an apparatus? Like you actually have it ready?
Yeah, I guess it's a little like Russian Roulette, except the magazine doesn't have only one symbolic bullet in it, it is fully loaded (at least that would be the hope if whatever I make works as conceived).

I haven't made it as of yet, but that's not really an issue for me. Everything necessary is already available "off the shelf" and just needs to be conceived, acquired, and put together. Pretty much what I already did for a living. It wouldn't take much effort really. I'm just trying to get the best method of CO generation down and which one will work best for my scenario. I may be able to just crawl into the tent and take a deep breath when the time comes. I don't know. This is really more about contingency planning. I do believe it would help me should I need that help. We'll just have to see when I get there.

Dantec

Dantec

Le sacrifice c'est la mort vaincue.
Sep 17, 2019
Hello, this poster had gathered a lot of elements on the CO if that can be useful to you.
Attached:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/demystification-of-carbon-monoxide.18907/

N

NAB

Dec 6, 2022
Its also important to get a got CO meter to make sure the concentration gets to above 10.000. That way you are sure there are no leakages Otherwise you can just end up feeling sick and get brain-damage, which no one wants.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Dantec

Dantec

Le sacrifice c'est la mort vaincue.
Sep 17, 2019
Its also important to get a got CO meter to make sure the concentration gets to above 10.000. That way you are sure there are no leakages Otherwise you can just end up feeling sick and get brain-damage, which no one wants.

Certainly a tester can reassure some posters in doubt, but know that the cost of such a tester (0-10000ppm) far exceeds 700 dollars and I do not think that such an investment for people who wish CTB is necessary...

N

NAB

Dec 6, 2022
I found them for around 150. It took a bit of digging though 🙂

Reactions: Dantec
B

BBBB

Jan 13, 2023
Can't you get CO poisoning from leaving your gas stove and oven (door open) overnight or for as many hours as it takes? Don't people die by accident this way?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Can't you get CO poisoning from leaving your gas stove and oven (door open) overnight or for as many hours as it takes? Don't people die by accident this way?
Maybe. Lots of people die every year in the Winter, too, usually in their sleep, when their furnace malfunctions. I just don't think it's the most reliable method. Too many variables, like how sealed is your house, volume of house, etc., etc.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I found them for around 150. It took a bit of digging though 🙂
About $380 US dollars is the cheapest I could find for a meter that measures to 10000 PPM.