J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
I've had severe anhedonia for about a year now, with it getting slowly/ slightly better in the last couple months.

Anyone have it and recover? How'd you get it and what helped?

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I have been taking something called bromantane which upregulates dopamine production. Idk lately I think the bromantane, fasting, and more sunlight are helping. Its also key to not be hedonistic, restrict how you chase dopamine. Break patterns, and if you don't think you can break one just try doing something different, doing the new thing for *two* minutes.

Reactions: jorheslen428
N

niawscm

May 6, 2023
I think anhedonia is usually considered a symptom of an underlying disorder (like depression or bipolar). Have you gotten a diagnosis? Not to say that psychiatry and therapy are a silver bullet - but having a specific diagnosis can usually help with treatment.

H

hhmmmm

Apr 27, 2023
I don't know exactly how I got it but when I was in college and my depression was like super bad in a physical way like I couldn't get out of bed or do anything, I ended up I losing interest and pleasure in everything around during this time. I guess what helped me was when my psychiatrist prescribed me to Lexapro. It helped me gain pleasure and interest in things but I'm not longer on that medication and currently taking Vybriid. I'm able to enjoy things but I feel like slowly it's going away again.

J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
I think anhedonia is usually considered a symptom of an underlying disorder (like depression or bipolar). Have you gotten a diagnosis? Not to say that psychiatry and therapy are a silver bullet - but having a specific diagnosis can usually help with treatment.
I've tried every single medication and treatment, even fucking ECT. Diagnosed severe recurrent treatment resistant depression, but I think the anhedonia is due to past substance abuse.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
there is an anhedonia group on Facebook where some people use pramiprexole which could be worth looking at.

If yours is passing then hopefully you will continue to get better. FB group and Reddit to see if there are more tips.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Also some research saying buproprion/wellbrutin helps anhedonia (and then some anecdotes about it causing it).

I am on about day 5 of wellbrutin and one of the best days I have had in my life. No suicidal thoughts today - and usually I live on this forum. So I recommend looking into this med if you haven't tried it to see if it could help you. I'm waiting for any side effects to nuke me, and hope I have the bravery to sit through them.

it is not prescribed in the UK for depression but is prescribed in USA - but there are ways to get it so welcome to PM me for info.

J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
Also some research saying buproprion/wellbrutin helps anhedonia (and then some anecdotes about it causing it).

I am on about day 5 of wellbrutin and one of the best days I have had in my life. No suicidal thoughts today - and usually I live on this forum. So I recommend looking into this med if you haven't tried it to see if it could help you. I'm waiting for any side effects to nuke me, and hope I have the bravery to sit through them.

it is not prescribed in the UK for depression but is prescribed in USA - but there are ways to get it so welcome to PM me for info.
Thanks but I've already tried Wellbutrin and several other meds already. Really hope it works for you though

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem