Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Fuck AA... shits a joke. I just did it to sign a waiver and get out of jail...any Alcoholics here? I drink all day and it numbs me out enough to get me through my life but it leaves me In a "stupor" state of mind (suspension or great diminution of sensibility) and so I can't really remember what I'm playing on guitar which was a dream of mine. Like I remember EGBDAE and a C or G or Em chord even but it's so saddd to not be tiptop where everything is just there.

• Hugs
Reactions: MissStarr, _Minsk and Brick In The Wall
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Ex. Had a big drinking problem from about 25 to just a few years ago, I barely drink at all now, in fact I puke if I touch certain booze. I was a binge alcoholic, I could go days without a drink and function fine, then blow out and be wasted 3-4 days at a time. Horrible way to live and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. My grandad was an alcoholic too, proper daily one, Brandy. A lot of the lads I grew up with, still are. That cheap cider stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Myforevercharlie
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alot of alcohol related threads lately. There's a fair share of alcoholics here, myself included in that. I think it's fairly common among the depressed or suicidal.

Reactions: _Minsk and Fragile
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
I've been drunk posting here for a while, so please pardon me if it didn't contribute anything useful to this community.

Quarantine does brought back the harmful drinking habits again!

Reactions: Klee
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I was, am but haven't drank in ages. Wish I still did kinda, the pills got me. Think I was better off a drinker

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I've been drunk posting here for a while, so please pardon me if it didn't contribute anything useful to this community.

Quarantine does brought back the harmful drinking habits again!

Im well known for my rum postings on here, hence my signature! I drink a lot, but I can go day's without, what actually makes someone an alcoholic?

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and DyslexicForeigner
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Ex. Thirty years of booze and a broken body to show for it. There's no agreed upon definition of what exactly makes an alcoholic afaik. My personal definition is that when you drink, you can't just have the one and stop. Or two or three... You have exactly as many as you need to get drunk. And you do this regularly.

• Aww..
Reactions: nitrogen and _Minsk
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I drink several times a week probably will go on a beer run soon I don´t get how people can drink all day every day do you eat and how can you handle it I only drink at evening/night I wouldn´t be able to drink all day I tried month back to drink evening/night everyday for 2-3 weeks it was so exhausting I mean physically like running a marathon so had to stop also because it got so boring I was actually less bored when sober.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Im well known for my rum postings on here, hence my signature! I drink a lot, but I can go day's without, what actually makes someone an alcoholic?

Many definitions. The ability to function without a drink is one. The inability to turn down a drink is another, like can you go in a pub and drink orange regularly. Mine was binging, I simply couldn't just have a few, if I had one I'd have 10, then I'd start over again once I woke up until I ran out of money, or I had to be somewhere I couldn't drink like work.

The hangovers are what made me stop, I couldn't cope with them anymore. Horrible, awful ones that lasted days at a time.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would get pre cooked before I went out, get properly drunk when out, get a lock in (showing my age) then have nightcap at home after a kebab on the way back. I'd occasionally steal a kitchen appliance on the way back if I had help to lift it.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Many definitions. The ability to function without a drink is one. The inability to turn down a drink is another, like can you go in a pub and drink orange regularly. Mine was binging, I simply couldn't just have a few, if I had one I'd have 10, then I'd start over again once I woke up until I ran out of money, or I had to be somewhere I couldn't drink like work.

The hangovers are what made me stop, I couldn't cope with them anymore. Horrible, awful ones that lasted days at a time.

Do you mean ability to function without one or the inability?

I never get hangovers, can turn down a drink, know when to stop but do drink too much as its normally the only im happy

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
Hey there, I like rum too, I've tried the expensive one from Bacardi Gold to the cheaper Captain Morgan Spiced Gold and honestly... I think the cheaper one tastes more to my preference, which is a bit on the sweet side and pleasantly smooth.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

I never get hangovers, can turn down a drink, know when to stop but do drink too much as its normally the only im happy
It appears our "alcoholism" is very similar. maybe we have some sort of natural tolerance. Even still, I'm sure it will catch up eventually.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020

I mean if you can't function day to day without drink. Whether it's mentally, or you just have the shakes that bad it makes simple things difficult. I had a mate so bad with the shakes I saw him drink hand gel at a hospital, now that's a real inability to function.

• Aww..
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner
S

Scott1878

May 6, 2020
I have difficulty figuring out if I'm a alcoholic, I binged drinked for 10 years, n cut right rigth down over the last 5 years feel a better person for it, but I always question to have a drink n I say no in my head

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
I have difficulty figuring out if I'm a alcoholic, I binged drinked for 10 years, n cut right rigth down over the last 5 years feel a better person for it, but I always question to have a drink n I say no in my head
You sound a bit like me, I had the "should I have a drink" question loads after I'd really cut down, sometimes I would and sometimes I wouldn't - then I realised one day I'd been over a month without so much as a pint, and I hadn't thought about it either. I definitely was an alcoholic, just not a daily one, I was one that couldn't stop drinking once I started. I couldn't pass a pub without going in that's for sure, and if I went out for the day, no matter what it was for, I'd drink.

I feel like a "normal" drinker now, if there is such a thing. I can have a few cans and stop, I can go in a pub and leave after two pints, I can turn down a drink if I don't like it (wheras before I'd drink anything offered) and I can go in shops and not even bother going down the alcohol section, wheras before that'd likely be my first port of call.

I've had one massive drinking session in 3 years, out with an ex-bird from 10am to 11pm, and weirdly I didn't even get drunk. I think my liver had recovered that much I could handle what I threw at it. 3+ years ago I'd black out after a few hours.

• Wow
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Hey there, I like rum too, I've tried the expensive one from Bacardi Gold to the cheaper Captain Morgan Spiced Gold and honestly... I think the cheaper one tastes more to my preference, which is a bit on the sweet side and pleasantly smooth.

Not sure were you are in the world, but bar the coffee rums, I prefer cheap, there's a supermarket brand in the UK I love and try and stick too. I also prefer the darker rums

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I was drinking a fifth a night of whiskey for a while until my pancreas acted up again and made me say "fuck this", been a week now and no problems. I've always drank like an alcoholic, would drink anything if it had alcohol in it, cups mixed drinks left out somewhere for a few days was a hidden treasure, 7am start times, falling into the walls etc. but for some reason I've always been able to stop drinking for a few weeks/month at some point when I get fed up or bored and start again when enough bullshit has built up.

Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
I used to drink a couple of times a week, only when I felt overly miserable, but since lockdown began it has really become a problem. Every surface of my room is covered with bottles.

• Aww..