death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
What was the longest days you didn't go outside? And how do you feel you are missing on lots of things?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, shush, WornOutLife and 8 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Usually I don't stay inside for more than a couple days. It would be longer but work ruins that. Also need to get groceries sometimes. I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. JOMO !!!!! :heart::smiling::heart::smiling:

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, botanormal, DoNotLet2 and 1 other person
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
A month or two when I'm lucky. Don't feel like I'm missing out on much but I'm used to it I guess. How nice it must be to be able to enjoy things

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, demuic, death137 and 4 others
A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
I really, really like my house bubble. I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much except when one of my favorite bands comes to town, or I suddenly get the urge to go visit a friend from before the agoraphobia set in. I actually feel like the pandemic was the best thing that could have happened for agoraphobes because now more musicians and comedians are doing things virtually, and people are coming forward to say thank you for including them since they have never been able to physically go somewhere to see a live event. I think the longest I went without going outside was about 8 months? And yeah, that's not even in my own backyard. Just don't feel the need for it. Also, I live in the southern US, so we'll have like 2 straight months of 100+ degree F weather. Not fun.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, shush, death137 and 3 others
Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I've been socially isolated and agoraphobic for 7+ years. I only leave my apartment when I have to, or during the brief periods that I had jobs or attended MH programs. Longest shut-in was 7 straight months back in 2017. Hardest months of my life.

What do I missed the most? I have nothing worthy to look back on, and no hope to look forward to. People are living their lives, and im stuck here since high school ended, wasting and suffering my years away. My already poor health and brain slowly decaying away.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, newave3, shush and 6 others
A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
Also, I've been agoraphobic for about 3 and a half years now, if you were curious. Started after my brain began processing PTSD from about 4 years prior that I had tried to block out/ignore. Brains are so annoying.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: newave3, death137, Meditation guide and 2 others
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
I didn't leave my house or really interact with anyone for 6 years, it's all kind of a blur, surreal even but my god was it relaxing.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3 and death137
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My ex girlfriend was agarophobic. We couldn't go to those big shopping malls or things like that. She even felt "trapped" in my apartment but I unlocked all the doors, opened the windows and she felt safer.
She was really sad about this because she couldn't hang out with her friends properly. She barely left my flat and that caused our relationship to break down. I did my best to help her but needed my space.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137
shush

shush

can you find me space inside your bleeding heart?
Aug 16, 2020
i haven't left my house in 2 years, like at all. it's the main reason i want to ctb.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and death137
K

Kyanite

Dec 12, 2020
i live with my (abusive) parents.
Same
Longest I've gone without leaving is almost 4 years when I was abit younger.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, shush and not-2-b-the-answer
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I haven't been diagnosed with this phobia but I do hate going outside mainly because of my anxiety because I get panic attacks when I have to go out and meet people. But I'm forced to go out because of school and other things I have to do. I wish I could just lock myself at home and be there forever

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, shush and not-2-b-the-answer