That's Not Me

That's Not Me

A cork on the ocean floating over the raging sea
Sep 14, 2022
Does anyone here from the recovery session who is feeling better have any tips to stop the pain? I feel a very strong pain in my chest and sometimes it is almost unbearable. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop or support it better? Thanks :)

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
All pain is perceived in the brain. Sometimes the pain is transmitted to the brain from a location because the pain receptors at the location have been triggered. For example, chest pain can be cause by angina (a lack of oxygen to the heart muscle).

Sometimes pain can be felt for an amputated limb so that the pain is actually triggered in the brain. Sometimes stress can caused muscular contractions that can trigger pain receptors. Sometimes emotional conditions can arise that lead one to feel pain in a particular location.

Applying external pressure to the location of pain may make it worsen which could be an indication that there is an internal problem there. Experimenting with intentional relaxation methods might indicate if it is stress related. Deep breathing might provide extra oxygen to relieve angina. Panic attacks and anxiety can also trigger physical symptoms.

onceinthefuturewas

onceinthefuturewas

Apr 13, 2023
My advice would be to go to a doctor. Also, it depends on what kind of pain you are talking about.
There is a type of chest pain that really hurts because of stress, I have it too. To get over it, I breathe slowly to make it go away. I haven't gone to the doctors for it, but if it really hurts, go to the hospital.