My demons haunt me
Sep 29, 2022
Any advice on how to deal with despair?

Reactions: Hollowillow
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
You might consider carving out a small portion of your life for a special indulgence. In a way it can be a refuge and something you look forward to. From this, it might be possible to build a momentum that allows an increasing amount of interest in other things. One might see it as building a parallel life that might grow to be one you want to step into.

Reactions: crimson blue and Firegirl
Firegirl

Firegirl

Sep 28, 2022
For me personally, Understanding that life is pointless and rly not that serious has actually HELPED me with despair. I can understand how that might be a slippery slope, but it helps to know that nothing in life is as serious as society makes it out to be. It slowly brings about a transition from 'life is pointless <\3' to 'heck yeah! Life is pointless! :')' because that way it reminded me "i can do whatever i want and feel good when i want to because this existence genuinely doesn't have much deeper meaning so why not just enjoy being here i guess"

Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm just explaining my own logic and what helps me with recovery

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Nerozero, Hollowillow and 3 others
C

crimson blue

My demons haunt me
Sep 29, 2022
Thank you very much, both answers helped me. The first one is a bit difficult for me to start now but seriously thank you and I will really try

• Hugs
Reactions: Firegirl