• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Petrichor

Petrichor

Jul 2, 2023
I've put this under "help?" but I wasn't entirely sure if that's right or if I should change it to "NSFW". I don't think I go into enough detail for it to be marked as NSFW, but I figured some might disagree, so if anyone would like, just let me know and I'll change it. I would write a quick warning, but based on thread title it should be pretty self explanatory. Thank you for reading and opening this with the intent to help out. :)

My main SH method is cutting (razorblade), and I have previous experience with burning (with boiling water).

I want to start burning again, but I'm not sure where I should do it? Since my cuts are on my upper thigh so I can't do it there or else I won't be able to cut without spilling blister juices everywhere. I would do my arms but I'm Australian so it's rather hot here, while it is winter currently so it would be covered but my skin scars very easily and lasts a long time, so it would likely still be there by spring. The last time I burned the scar lasted for a year and everyone around me was wondering why I had such a big bruise that wasn't fading (I got scared so I started cutting instead lmfao), I have numerous scars on my legs that I've had for years just from tripping or my cat scratching me, basically I need a spot very out of view. Would my back work? Anyone experienced in burning have suggestions? I know there's the lighter methods but burning via fire scares the living hell out of me, if boiling isn't viable I might just try it though haha...

I also wanted to try bruising, I bruise fairly easily, but I'm very weak so I'm not too sure how to go about it, do I just keep hitting myself? Should I bring something out, like a hammer or is that too extreme? Will it worsen my cuts too much? Suggestions? If it's not working do I just give up this method?

I have tried easier things such as the rubber band method, where you put a rubber band around wrist/ankle and every time you want to hurt yourself you flick it. It didn't work very well, people kept asking and why I have a rubber band and saying I should get rid of it because it will cut off my blood flow, and overall while the stinging pain wasn't bad, it really doesn't compare to cutting nor does it leave long lasting injuries for me to look at. For other who would like to SH for that sweet pain and numbness but not leave lasting injuries I'd probably suggest this.

I've been trying to starve too (more of a matter of self image issues than doing it as a SH method but since it can be considered SH I put it here anyways), but I feel like I'm just fasting and not doing it properly. Before trying to starve, my average meal intake was 1-2 meals, snacks but only if it's 1 meal, and any drinks I want. My current food intake really isn't that much different, because I'm a pig and have no self restraint, 1 meal and only drinks. I'm worried if I starve for a full day people will point it out and criticize me again, if I don't eat they mention it, if I do eat they also mention it because apparently I'm eating too much now, they just can't decide smh. Someone I am close to also works with EDs, so I have to be incredibly careful. I want to try purging, but I feel so guilty for wasting food that someone else might have treasured and enjoyed, is there any way to get rid of this sense of guilt? And also suggestions on how to effectively purge, is pulling out my gag reflex by shoving my finders down my throat really the best method? Also any advice from those experienced on hiding the starving from others?

Sorry, this is a lot, but I figured it'd be best to put all my questions related to this topic into one thread rather than making multiple. Thank you for reading all of that. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
!MIA!

!MIA!

Jul 10, 2023
I've put this under "help?" but I wasn't entirely sure if that's right or if I should change it to "NSFW". I don't think I go into enough detail for it to be marked as NSFW, but I figured some might disagree, so if anyone would like, just let me know and I'll change it. I would write a quick warning, but based on thread title it should be pretty self explanatory. Thank you for reading and opening this with the intent to help out. :)

My main SH method is cutting (razorblade), and I have previous experience with burning (with boiling water).

I want to start burning again, but I'm not sure where I should do it? Since my cuts are on my upper thigh so I can't do it there or else I won't be able to cut without spilling blister juices everywhere. I would do my arms but I'm Australian so it's rather hot here, while it is winter currently so it would be covered but my skin scars very easily and lasts a long time, so it would likely still be there by spring. The last time I burned the scar lasted for a year and everyone around me was wondering why I had such a big bruise that wasn't fading (I got scared so I started cutting instead lmfao), I have numerous scars on my legs that I've had for years just from tripping or my cat scratching me, basically I need a spot very out of view. Would my back work? Anyone experienced in burning have suggestions? I know there's the lighter methods but burning via fire scares the living hell out of me, if boiling isn't viable I might just try it though haha...

I also wanted to try bruising, I bruise fairly easily, but I'm very weak so I'm not too sure how to go about it, do I just keep hitting myself? Should I bring something out, like a hammer or is that too extreme? Will it worsen my cuts too much? Suggestions? If it's not working do I just give up this method?

I have tried easier things such as the rubber band method, where you put a rubber band around wrist/ankle and every time you want to hurt yourself you flick it. It didn't work very well, people kept asking and why I have a rubber band and saying I should get rid of it because it will cut off my blood flow, and overall while the stinging pain wasn't bad, it really doesn't compare to cutting nor does it leave long lasting injuries for me to look at. For other who would like to SH for that sweet pain and numbness but not leave lasting injuries I'd probably suggest this.

I've been trying to starve too (more of a matter of self image issues than doing it as a SH method but since it can be considered SH I put it here anyways), but I feel like I'm just fasting and not doing it properly. Before trying to starve, my average meal intake was 1-2 meals, snacks but only if it's 1 meal, and any drinks I want. My current food intake really isn't that much different, because I'm a pig and have no self restraint, 1 meal and only drinks. I'm worried if I starve for a full day people will point it out and criticize me again, if I don't eat they mention it, if I do eat they also mention it because apparently I'm eating too much now, they just can't decide smh. Someone I am close to also works with EDs, so I have to be incredibly careful. I want to try purging, but I feel so guilty for wasting food that someone else might have treasured and enjoyed, is there any way to get rid of this sense of guilt? And also suggestions on how to effectively purge, is pulling out my gag reflex by shoving my finders down my throat really the best method? Also any advice from those experienced on hiding the starving from others?

Sorry, this is a lot, but I figured it'd be best to put all my questions related to this topic into one thread rather than making multiple. Thank you for reading all of that. :)
On the more mild side of things, if you wanna try something with burning, I recommend a small hand torch. All you have to do is click and hold a button, and unlike fire from a regular lighter, it doesn't continuously run, so it's easier to go through with.
Another method of burning, thats much less about creating wounds, is extremely hot showers. Instead they create uncomfortability, and a painful irritation to the skin. Sometimes leaving light burns. (I recommend these, knowing that they're less effective, but this method will probably save you from future dysphoria correlating with scars.)

If you do aqquire a hand torch, make sure you have a stock of butane or something of the like.
When burning yourself with the hand torch, Id usually keep the torch about 4-5 inches from me, this makes a sizable burn in the form of a circle. Click, and let go. It's unbearable while it's happening, and the pain builds even after.
The closer the torch is to the skin, the smaller the circle, but the deeper the burn.

My personal ScorchTorch is about the size of my hand, and was like $40-60

• Love
Reactions: Petrichor
Petrichor

Petrichor

Jul 2, 2023
On the more mild side of things, if you wanna try something with burning, I recommend a small hand torch. All you have to do is click and hold a button, and unlike fire from a regular lighter, it doesn't continuously run, so it's easier to go through with.
Another method of burning, thats much less about creating wounds, is extremely hot showers. Instead they create uncomfortability, and a painful irritation to the skin. Sometimes leaving light burns. (I recommend these, knowing that they're less effective, but this method will probably save you from future dysphoria correlating with scars.)

If you do aqquire a hand torch, make sure you have a stock of butane or something of the like.
When burning yourself with the hand torch, Id usually keep the torch about 4-5 inches from me, this makes a sizable burn in the form of a circle. Click, and let go. It's unbearable while it's happening, and the pain builds even after.
The closer the torch is to the skin, the smaller the circle, but the deeper the burn.

My personal ScorchTorch is about the size of my hand, and was like $40-60.
Thank you for your well thought out response, I appreciate it. :)

I will give the hot showers a try, I don't get any dysphoria from my scars but thank you for considering that.
I'd rather not spend so much money on a hand torch since I have no previous experience with it and I'm not sure if it'd even end up working out for me, but I'll save this post and keep it in the back of my mind in case I ever do decide to try it out or am desperate for a method.

I really appreciate your reply, thank you for taking time out of your day to reply! <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart and !MIA!
beolle

beolle

Jul 9, 2023
cigarette burns are very easy and quite "safe" / controlled. you get that pain you're looking for, and it's practically impossible to cause super serious damage as the cig extinguishes when you press it on your skin. also you don't have to smoke it, just light it up.
burning with fire though can go south pretty quickly, not only for yourself but for your surroundings. i personally wouldn't recommend it.

• Love
Reactions: Petrichor and !MIA!
Petrichor

Petrichor

Jul 2, 2023
cigarette burns are very easy and quite "safe" / controlled. you get that pain you're looking for, and it's practically impossible to cause super serious damage as the cig extinguishes when you press it on your skin. also you don't have to smoke it, just light it up.
burning with fire though can go south pretty quickly, not only for yourself but for your surroundings. i personally wouldn't recommend it.
Thank you for replying. :}

I'm not a smoker, but I would be able to get my hands on some cigarettes. I've never tried smoking though, so I don't really know the specifics, would I be able to just relight it each time?
Yeah, I figured burning with fire would be pretty unsafe, that's why I was leaning more towards boiling water since nobody but myself is really put at risk.

Thank you for taking some time to read my post and reply, I really appreciate it! <3

beolle

beolle

Jul 9, 2023
Thank you for replying. :}

I'm not a smoker, but I would be able to get my hands on some cigarettes. I've never tried smoking though, so I don't really know the specifics, would I be able to just relight it each time?
Yeah, I figured burning with fire would be pretty unsafe, that's why I was leaning more towards boiling water since nobody but myself is really put at risk.

Thank you for taking some time to read my post and reply, I really appreciate it! <3

if it doesn't extinguish completely after the pressing it might relight on its own. but yeah you can either just use the lighter again, or take a drag of the cigarette.
remember to clean the ashes out later with cool water. do not try to take the ashes out with your fingers. and don't put any kind of ointment on there. be mindful of cigarette butts - check if they're fully, definitely extinguished.
(you don't have to listen to me ofc it's only personal experience)

• Love
Reactions: Petrichor
B

brokenshiren

Jun 23, 2022
I burn but not with heat. Aerosol burns are a way of freeze burning. At the time it actually freezes your skin, and all the cells. Then it acts just like a 3rd degree burn. It blisters over a couple days. I then need treatment at a burns unit where they debride them. Scars are not pretty and healing takes a long time. But it is most easily accessible. Any deodorant or pressurised can. Hold against the skin and press and hold it for as long as you can tolerate. I move it around to get more area burned (so hold the can and press the button but move the can around in circles). You'll know it's working when your skin goes rock hard and white where it is frozen.

• Wow
Reactions: Petrichor and azhagaar
Petrichor

Petrichor

Jul 2, 2023
I burn but not with heat. Aerosol burns are a way of freeze burning. At the time it actually freezes your skin, and all the cells. Then it acts just like a 3rd degree burn. It blisters over a couple days. I then need treatment at a burns unit where they debride them. Scars are not pretty and healing takes a long time. But it is most easily accessible. Any deodorant or pressurised can. Hold against the skin and press and hold it for as long as you can tolerate. I move it around to get more area burned (so hold the can and press the button but move the can around in circles). You'll know it's working when your skin goes rock hard and white where it is frozen.
Wow! That's a very interesting method, I'd never thought of that!
Thank you for your answer!