T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I feel bad for saying it, but at times my anxiety spikes because something might work out. I don't mean maybe I will get a good job or whatever, because I know that anxiety is mostly due to change and knowing I will have to deal with the slug of m-f 9-5 type of life. But I mean I have side things to generate money so I can afford to buy games, fix things when needed, and save. Not enough money to live on, but enough to pay taxes.
Anyways, one of the ways I make money is by 3D printing stuff and selling it on Etsy or other places. In order to increase my potential revenue and because I always wanted to play with one. I recently gotten a CNC and laser engraver.

Here is where the problem comes in. If I get orders for 3D prints, my anxiety shoots up. And me getting into CNC and laser, this shoots my anxiety sky high at times when I think about the amount of work involved. Finding out how to do just CNC and laser, finding or making a product, finding buyers, getting orders, and so on. And at points I just hope it all falls through the floor.
I feel like crap because I live with family, and while it looks like I'm trying. I know I could be putting in for more jobs, researching more, and stuff. And even worse, what making some money and I kinda got somewhat working. I just want it to be a flop.

Like it is to the point where with the new machines, I have a $1k machine on preorder with a normal price of $1.5k. I'm on the verge of getting rid of the preorder not because I need the money (which yes it would be nice to have it), not because I'm iffy if I will make even half of that back (which I seriously doubt will happen), but because I am worried it will add more work to my plate.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm going out of my way to be a victim and super lazy. Even more with my current situation going on, and I'm not doing everything to get out of it.

What is your opinion?

Reactions: exhausted