Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
has anyone had something that actually helped with anxiety?

i have really bad social anxiety i guess youd call it.
i rarely go into stores, i typically just wait in the vehicle.

just hanging out with my bf and 2 others (all 3 people i knew very well and are part of my support group) i kept dissociating/blacking out, ordering food i completely shut up and my bf had to order..
when i went out with my exhusband to the market i "almost had a complete meltdown" but it wasnt that bad, i only scratched up my back and neck (still hurting 2 days later) and hit my head off the window/head rest.

im terrified of something that bad happening when im out with my bf.. hes like "its ok, ill take care of you" but i have bpd.. i know hed try, but i also know he hasnt dealt with that situation.......

i hate going out... i try and i try to talk myself through the dissociation, the people im with dont mind helping. but its just so consuming. the way i described it was like when a tv is blacking out from the border to the center, and i get all lightheaded. i just want it to stop..

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Sertraline (Zoloft in US). It has helped quite a bit with my social anxiety, and somewhat with my generalised anxiety. Talk with a doctor. Please be aware some people can get PSSD (post SSRI dysfunction) which can affect your ability to orgasm and in more severe cases your ability to feel emotions. It's rare though, most people don't have significant side effects once they're through the initial period of adjustment. I experienced a lack of ability to orgasm, night sweats, upset stomach, increased heart rate for the first couple of weeks, but if you can stick through those side effects you should start to feel the benefits.