リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
I just want to vent because I've been crying about it a lot and feel really frustrated.

Im taking an online course right now. There are around 50+ students in our group I think? That will be relevant later.

So the course itself is great. Loads of useful professional info. But our teacher is a very, very strange person in my opinion. From all that happened he seems like a very trigger-happy guy with a fragile ego.

Couple of people have made jokes about the course workload being huge (it is), that they're missing sleep and are tired of fixing their mistakes. I get it, honestly. Our teacher, however, saw that as an insult to his work. He straight up refused to give ANYONE feedback anymore, which most people came to him to begin with.

Those who made the jokes have apologized, numerous times. Even those who have done nothing wrong apologized. Yet he's stubborn as fuck and insistent on people being ungrateful.

Im so lost honestly. I feel so sad. I didn't do anything wrong yet I feel scared and ashamed. I feel like I didn't deserve this. I paid money, a shit ton, and this is what I get? Fucking collective punishment?

He's definitely a pro at what he's doing but man, this seems unprofessional. I have extreme anxiety surrounding conflict, so now I'm just straight up terrified of even reading the chat. I don't want this anymore. I'm scared.

• Hugs
Reactions: real human being
itsraining

itsraining

Sleep With A Baseball Bat
May 18, 2023
sounds like an ego/power trip to me. not your fault

Reactions: real human being, Brown-Jacket Revy and リンさん
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Is there someone above him you can report him to?

Just because he's good at teaching does not give him a pass to be vindictive/passive aggressive.

And people shouldn't have to apologize for valid criticisms.

He sounds like a narcissist and managed to guilt the class despite the fact he's the one being unreasonable.

Reactions: real human being and リンさん
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023

Just because he's good at teaching does not give him a pass to be vindictive/passive aggressive.

He sounds like a narcissist and managed to guilt the class despite the fact he's the one being unreasonable.
Unfortunately not. He's the one running the whole thing, as a private tutor or whatever they're called. So we're all at his mercy, essentially. I agree that this behavior shouldn't be justified.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Online classes don't seem to be popular as they are.

That's what I understood from the COVID pandemic and forced online classes.

But your teacher is just making it even worse.

I don't think he's necessarily a narcissist.

He probably took the jokes/criticism in a wrong way and now he's just being defensive.
That manifests in that type of behaviour for him apparently.

Being a teacher must be tough, because they're often underappreciated, both by students and their employers (low wages, etc...).

Im so lost honestly. I feel so sad. I didn't do anything wrong yet I feel scared and ashamed. I feel like I didn't deserve this. I paid money, a shit ton, and this is what I get? Fucking collective punishment?

He's definitely a pro at what he's doing but man, this seems unprofessional. I have extreme anxiety surrounding conflict, so now I'm just straight up terrified of even reading the chat. I don't want this anymore. I'm scared.

This seems to be a bad situation for everyone involved.

Has this been going on for a while?

Is there not anyone else you can turn to for a solution? A supervisor of the teacher or something similar?