C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
Anyone else out there get such anxious feelings when considering CTB that you can't think straight? It's like a form of SI is to cause the mind to short circuit rather than calmly think through how to CTB.

Of course there are many different types of people who want to CTB. But for those of you who suffer from anxiety, I wonder how this impacts your ability to plan. I am so anxious these days I can't even plan. I know I don't want to die but I don't want to live my life and don't believe I have the strength to improve it enough that I will enjoy my life anywhere near how much I used to.

Reactions: Donewitheverything and Ivenocare
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I'm obsessed but I can't do it yet so it's just pointless suffering ND yeah kinda anxious ofc

C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I don't get how people are so casual here planning for this.

Reactions: discokicks
T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I know I don't want to die but I don't want to live my life

I think that in a nutshell, is so anxiety inducing. I'm so sad for so many that think like this. It just leaves nowhere for the brain to go.

Thoughts with you

Reactions: Honigwaffel
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
Thanks @Tally. Can you relate or you are firm in thinking?

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I can relate with not wanting to live my life and not believing I have the strength to improve. In regards of not wanting to die, my thoughts are a bit different. I can see people with lives that I wish I could have, so from that perspective, I would like to live to have that life. However that is not a reality and I can't become those people. I'm sure that your feelings about anxiety over CTB are completely normal. My anxiety comes from feeling I have to stay, but am desperate to leave, and the thought of leaving for me, makes me feel at ease, but when I think of family I panic. I'm sure that we all understand bits of others experiences, and at the same time, this is all such a personal experience.

M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
Anyone else out there get such anxious feelings when considering CTB that you can't think straight? It's like a form of SI is to cause the mind to short circuit rather than calmly think through how to CTB.

Of course there are many different types of people who want to CTB. But for those of you who suffer from anxiety, I wonder how this impacts your ability to plan. I am so anxious these days I can't even plan. I know I don't want to die but I don't want to live my life and don't believe I have the strength to improve it enough that I will enjoy my life anywhere near how much I used to.
I feel the same. The planning is so important but not easy, especially with loving family around.

FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
The planning was weird, but once I got my method down right, it was comforting to know I can end it all when I want to. However, I guess it's not really when I want to because I've peaked in life and am ready to go, but just can't because I know it'll cause my mom so much pain. The brain is a motherfucker.

Reactions: Donewitheverything
Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
Every time I have an anxiety attack, I want to ctb so badly as I don't want to suffer anymore. And 9/10 times I feel intense anxiety, to the point my whole body aches... I don't want to feel like this anymore.

The planning was weird, but once I got my method down right, it was comforting to know I can end it all when I want to. However, I guess it's not really when I want to because I've peaked in life and am ready to go, but just can't because I know it'll cause my mom so much pain. The brain is a motherfucker.

Same here. I had a plan and everything, but my mom already lost her husband; she doesn't need to lose me, too. Not to mention, I love her cheerful attitude and I don't want to do anything to take that away from her... It sucks, but her happiness means a lot to me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Empty Smile and FauxEmotions
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
Every time I have an anxiety attack, I want to ctb so badly as I don't want to suffer anymore. And 9/10 times I feel intense anxiety, to the point my whole body aches... I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Same here. I had a plan and everything, but my mom already lost her husband; she doesn't need to lose me, too. Not to mention, I love her cheerful attitude and I don't want to do anything to take that away from her... It sucks, but her happiness means a lot to me.

Same exact boat. My mom is cheerful, always positive, almost child like innocence. I couldn't leave this world knowing she'll never be happy and forever scarred because of me. I'm already not a good son in that I don't always answer her phone calls, don't really visit her. Yet every single time I do talk, I know there's that unconditional love and she's always pushing positivity and encouragement to me.

Reactions: Empty Smile and Donewitheverything
Watcher

Watcher

Student
Nov 17, 2018

I got some pills before, I'm more calm. You better considerate to visit a psychiatrist before. Then you can decide if you want to CTB or try to live a normal life getting some treatment.

Reactions: FauxEmotions
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
Life is so strange

Reactions: Watcher, Donewitheverything, FauxEmotions and 1 other person
Watcher

Watcher

Student
Nov 17, 2018
Life is so strange
Yeah, it can be difficult. But consider that there are many ways to live it. Just try my suggestion, ask for help. After that, if things don't seem to change, you can decide. And with the pills, it will be more easy to make a plan.

Last edited:
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I don't get how people are so casual here planning for this.
I'm more "relaxed" about it because of many attempts. Hard to say relaxed but I know the risks and what will happen if I fail. I'm dissociated but determined, it's comforting to have a way out. I have bouts of extreme anxiety but not about ctb because I have nothing to lose.

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
It's like our innate survival instinct's revulsion to our thoughts and feelings of wanting to die because it wants to keep us here.

Last edited:
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
The mind would prefer we are insane than dead maybe because one can recover from insanity if it is temporary.

RRH

RRH

Student
Jan 5, 2019
I've suffered from anxiety for a long time. It comes and goes. It's back again now and I can't help but wonder whether the thought of ctb is causing it.

I thought having N would bring me peace of mind, but it has only a little.

It's one thing to fantasise about ctb, but another thing to actually go through with it. Making the final preparations is actually quite frightening and daunting.

Reactions: lululoo and Allpainnogain
C

couragetodie

Student
Jan 2, 2019
@RRH we don't want to die we just hate our current lives and don't see a better future. I know that's my situation. Having the option to leave makes some feel safer; I am with you. I know some can't get to the other side so easily.

Reactions: Allpainnogain
RRH

RRH

Student
Jan 5, 2019
@RRH we don't want to die we just hate our current lives and don't see a better future. I know that's my situation. Having the option to leave makes some feel safer; I am with you. I know some can't get to the other side so easily.

That's what it all comes down to for me. I don't see myself ever having a normal life or being happy.

Some people who ctb make it look so easy.

Reactions: Allpainnogain