shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I can't eat or sleep because of anxiety, I can stomach about 3 mouthfuls of food a day and it's uncomfortable to force myself to eat even that. Anxiety wakes me up in the night and I can't get back to sleep after because of the anxiety, I'm so tired. I'm constantly feeling sick, exhausted and nauseous. The only answer is ending my life as I have no quality of life anymore. I can't leave the house or talk to anyone because I'm so on edge.

• Hugs
Reactions: OopsIdidntwanttodie, Lostandlooking, Gromit-CTB and 8 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
You are heard and while I have no understanding of what this must be like I do hope that things work out for you.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, TooConscious and shay23
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
You are heard and while I have no understanding of what this must be like I do hope that things work out for you.
Thank you so much for your kindness, much appreciated.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and OminousVaL
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I can't eat or sleep because of anxiety, I can stomach about 3 mouthfuls of food a day and it's uncomfortable to force myself to eat even that. Anxiety wakes me up in the night and I can't get back to sleep after because of the anxiety, I'm so tired. I'm constantly feeling sick, exhausted and nauseous. The only answer is ending my life as I have no quality of life anymore. I can't leave the house or talk to anyone because I'm so on edge.

I hope your anxiety can get better

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and shay23
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Sorry to hear that:( I used to be like that too (except for the food part, I was actually over eating). Antidepressants helped me, you don't have to take them forever-just for a while to try and get back on your feet. Are you doing any sort of therapy?
Anxiety sucks but it can be managed kind of, but I totally understand how you feel. Mental health is a big part of why I wanna ctb too

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
Sorry to hear that:( I used to be like that too (except for the food part, I was actually over eating). Antidepressants helped me, you don't have to take them forever-just for a while to try and get back on your feet. Are you doing any sort of therapy?
Thank you!:happy: Glad you have overcame it, certainly gives hope for others. I've tried medication and therapy but nothing has been successful so far, it's really demotivating!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking, botanormal and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Thank you!:happy: Glad you have overcame it, certainly gives hope for others. I've tried medication and therapy but nothing has been successful so far, it's really demotivating!
Aw damn:'(

• Love
Reactions: botanormal and shay23
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
Interesting article about anxiety and the cause and what you can do to improve it:

https://www.livescience.com/5910-carbon-dioxide-triggers-primordial-fear-suffocation.html

Simple daily deep breathing exercise can lesson the acidity in the brain which causes anxiety.
Thank you! I do daily breathing exercises but it doesn't change my heart rate, I monitored before and after breathing exercises and my heart rate went from 122 to 135:pfff:. I think I'm faulty!!
I'll check out the link though, thank you for sharing :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I also experience anxiety and I know how awful and debilitating it can feel. You do not deserve this, and I really hope you find some peace from it eventually. Sometimes it feels like you've tried everything, and it still won't disappear. I don't think I could think of any advice that you haven't already tried, it helps me to stay completely distracted so there isn't any time to think about it, but even sometimes that doesn't work or isn't possible. I hear you, and I'm sending you big hugs right now! :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: shay23 and Lostandlooking
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Thank you! I do daily breathing exercises but it doesn't change my heart rate, I monitored before and after breathing exercises and my heart rate went from 122 to 135:pfff:. I think I'm faulty!!
I'll check out the link though, thank you for sharing :heart:
Someone shared this link with me that has the breathing exercises I've been doing and it has had a definite positive effect on me already after 3 days:

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/can-breathing-like-wim-hof-make-us-superhuman

I sleep better, wake up feeling better, and the internal tremors I've had for a couple of years are almost gone so far.

Reactions: shay23
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
This is basically my life. Have suffered for so many years with this. Tried everything living a normal life in a relationship, work, gym, yoga, breathing exercises and meds. I have no answer to this but feel your pain. I'm in my late 40s and my only escape will be ctb which I hope will be in next couple of weeks. Sorry I can't advise on answer but hoping that you know you are not alone in the way you feel gives a little comfort that you are not alone and are understood.

• Hugs
Reactions: shay23, Lostandlooking and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
This is basically my life. Have suffered for so many years with this. Tried everything living a normal life in a relationship, work, gym, yoga, breathing exercises and meds. I have no answer to this but feel your pain. I'm in my late 40s and my only escape will be ctb which I hope will be in next couple of weeks. Sorry I can't advise on answer but hoping that you know you are not alone in the way you feel gives a little comfort that you are not alone and are understood.
Have you ever taken daily antacids such as famitidine? (Pepcid) to de-acidify the brain? I take 20mg of famitidine 3 times a day and I think it helps keep me relaxed. Odd as it sounds.

How is your breathing? According to the article I read the amygdala in the brain is responsible for feelings of anxiety and de acidifying the brain calms the amygdala. Also if you have too much carbon dioxide in your blood it creates anxiety and some are much more sensitive to that. I'm going to try to get an oxygen tank to give myself some extra oxygen in the evenings for this purpose.

Last edited:
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Have you ever taken daily antacids such as famitidine? (Pepcid) to de-acidify the brain? I take 20mg of famitidine 3 times a day and I think it helps keep me relaxed. Odd as it sounds.
I have tried so much actually forgotten more than I can remember, it's odd my anxiety cripples my life that I have forgotten what life is. Because of events over past years I know my only answer is ctb not just because of anxiety but because of life itself. Even if anxiety wasn't there I would still ctb, am not for this world.

shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I also experience anxiety and I know how awful and debilitating it can feel. You do not deserve this, and I really hope you find some peace from it eventually. Sometimes it feels like you've tried everything, and it still won't disappear. I don't think I could think of any advice that you haven't already tried, it helps me to stay completely distracted so there isn't any time to think about it, but even sometimes that doesn't work or isn't possible. I hear you, and I'm sending you big hugs right now! :hug:
Thank you for your kindness and lovely words, so sweet of you to say all of that. Big hugs right back, thank you :happy:
Someone shared this link with me that has the breathing exercises I've been doing and it has had a definite positive effect on me already after 3 days:

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/can-breathing-like-wim-hof-make-us-superhuman

I sleep better, wake up feeling better, and the internal tremors I've had for a couple of years are almost gone so far.
Wow thanks seems like powerful stuff, glad it has worked for you I will try this for sure. Thank you so much!!
I'm so sorry you are suffering too, if you ever need to speak to anyone who understands then I am here for you! Feel free to drop a message anytime. I really hope things get better for you. Thank you for understanding me, taking the time to reply and sharing your experiences! Sending love and light :heart:.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire and botanormal