• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How much money would you need to live comfortably without working?

• $500,000.00

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • $1,000,000.00

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • $2,000,000.00 - $5,000,000.00

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • $6,000,000.00-$10,000,000.00

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • $11,000,000.00-$50,000,000.00

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • $51,000,000.00+

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Assume this is the post-tax amount. It's going in an account for you. Assume economy stays roughly as it is. Goal is to never work again while also being what you consider "comfortable."

I mostly just wanted to get talk going about how absurdly rich some people are. I want to see how many people here who are miserable and hate working could be kept comfortable for life by a fraction of what some people own.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and Saturn_
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I wanna be a billionaire

• Yay!
Reactions: derpyderpins and Saturn_
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
I wanna be a billionaire
And people in hell want ice water, lol. The question is how much would you need to maintain your comfy NEET life forever. Personally I'd stop knowing what to do with money (at least in terms of spending on myself instead of close ones and charity) after a few million, but I get the feeling you would have no problem spending far more than that :pfff:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, surroundedbydemons and ijustwishtodie
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
as an antiwork peep, i don't even know how much living costs. my entire life has been paycheck to paycheck. honestly a few years ago i thought paycheck to paycheck was just how life is supposed to be, and was shocked to find out that many people have jobs where they don't have to live like that. still cant wrap my head around just having money thats lying around tho. for me it either goes to one thing or it goes to the other but it will be taken by something until the next time you get paid.

• Aww..
Reactions: real human being and derpyderpins
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I could do it pretty easily with 1,000,000 USD and live off of investment income. I don't like to spend lavishly.

Reactions: derpyderpins
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Give me 100 million and I guarantee you won't see me here again. Losers.

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie, derpyderpins and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
I could do it pretty easily with 1,000,000 USD and live off of investment income. I don't like to spend lavishly.
I could see that. I live in a pretty high-cost area, though, so if I got $1mil today I'd probably need to work a couple more years at least before early retirement.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I live in a high cost of living area. At the moment I have a job that pays well and I generally live below my means. I think I would need 5-10 mil to feel financially secure enough to live off of investment income and just coast. Realistically I know I'll definitely be fine with much less but peace of mind is important.

I'm not really anti work though, if I'm being honest. Having structure in my life really helps with my mental health. In fact, I'm arguably a workaholic because I use work as a coping mechanism.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and surroundedbydemons
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't think any nation in the world has enough capital and wealth to cover my infinite greed.

• Yay!
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, eatantz and derpyderpins
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
The question is how much would you need to maintain your comfy NEET life forever.
Why not shoot for the moon, then? Give me a trillion, hell, a quadrillion dollars. I won't be able to have a comfy NEET life until I'm able to chill watching anime from a colony on Mars, and every human being alive is subservient to me.

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, spring vainglory and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Why not shoot for the moon, then? Give me a trillion, hell, a quadrillion dollars. I won't be able to have a comfy NEET life until I'm able to chill watching anime from a colony on Mars, and every human being alive is subservient to me.
When you get your trillion+ lmk and I'll be right there to be subservient in exchange for 0.02% of it.

• Yay!
Reactions: Saturn_
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I honestly would just be okay with having the minimum amount of money needed to not work again. I think being a billionaire is absolutely overkill. Maybe I'd survive on around 10 million? I'd only be going for the basic things for the most part. I'm not the type to care about materialism at all

Reactions: Sylveon, Alexei_Kirillov, eatantz and 2 others
babyharpseal

babyharpseal

Jun 15, 2024
i think about $2m. if i live for another 60yrs, that gives me like $30k a year. my mum has offered that bc of horrible cost of living/housing market, we can stay living at home permanently if we eventually buy into the property, n ofc do our share of the housework (not given permission to be a neet burden). so i dont actually need to pay for rent food n bills alone with this amount of money, itll go together with my mum's salary, and help pay off a house thats cheap by todays standards. ~$1200 a fortnight would be fine, i could afford some basic comforts. i dont need or want to travel the world n buy expensive things

Reactions: carac and derpyderpins
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Google reckons an average person gets through $3m in their lifetime. I think people underestimate how much it costs to live. Especially people who don't work.

Plus, why not go for the maximum and 'save' some friends and family from wage slavery too?

Sometimes I wonder if I would still do some sort of work- even if I didn't need to. For best part of my life, I have been the workaholic, live to work type. (Creative job.) The appeal is starting to wane now but even so, it would feel weird to do nothing for the rest of my life. It would be nice not to have to worry finacially though.