Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
Simple things like making phone calls are very exhausting to me, I become nervous and stutter a lot, forget what I wanted to say. Talking to people seems to be very hard aswell, I feel very uncomfortable unless they're the ones initiating the conversations. I am usually the boring person with nothing "interesting" happening in their lives whatsoever, so everyone gets bored of me easily.

I haven't had any contact with other people (except my family im avoiding) in around half a year, and it seems so weird to me. All of this led to me being anxious about making friends or talking to others all the time. Messaging online is easy, but when it comes to calling and in person... I can't. I know I'm not interesting, I'm not important and no one cares anyway. Everything I do, even existing feels so embarassing..

Anyone feeling the same here or having any advices on what I can do to overcome this anxiety ):?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, StringPuppet, Fragile and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Avyn how are you in a text conversation? Are you comfortable with a dialog through text or chat? If so, it's not really the interaction with a person that's getting to you, it's speaking. Believe it or not, that's a pretty easy fix. Just print out a script with a dialog scene, and read one part to yourself in the mirror. Record your effort, and as you improve, so will your confidence in speaking. That should at least help you with phone conversations.

I'm not sure about getting more comfortable in person, but I would think once you're good talking on the phone, start video chatting with people, and work your way up from there.

I haven't used this, but a friend of mine overcame a fear of public speaking along these lines.

Reactions: Avyn and jaranecdote
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
@Avyn how are you in a text conversation? Are you comfortable with a dialog through text or chat? If so, it's not really the interaction with a person that's getting to you, it's speaking. Believe it or not, that's a pretty easy fix. Just print out a script with a dialog scene, and read one part to yourself in the mirror. Record your effort, and as you improve, so will your confidence in speaking. That should at least help you with phone conversations.

I'm not sure about getting more comfortable in person, but I would think once you're good talking on the phone, start video chatting with people, and work your way up from there.

I haven't used this, but a friend of mine overcame a fear of public speaking along these lines.
I can try doing this, but no I dont have any problems when I text with others, its usually pretty normal, just when I speak actually. I have tried writing down my dialogue when im making an important phone call so I dont fuck it up, but it still makes me very uncomfortable and shaky.
Thank you I will try and see if I can find more tips on how to deal with this

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic