sky7

sky7

Student
Aug 21, 2018
I know that overdosing on medications is an extremely unreliable method of attempting suicide and often fails. But the last time I visited my psychiatrist, he seemed concerned when I told him that I was no longer taking my medication (Abilify) because of undesirable side effects, wanted to know what I had done with my supply and then wanted me to dispose of the remainder...even sent me down to pharmacy for a disposal kit (which I never used). There's part of me that hopes this meant that it is indeed possible to ctb from overdosing on this. I have a 3 weeks supply of Ability (at 15 mg), and a 45-mg supply of Risperdal at my immediate disposal.

I found an article on NCBI from the Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience that states that antipsychotics can be lethal at 5 times the recommended therapeutic dose, which seems misleading since it went on to state the only reported death from an overdose of Risperdal was at 500 times the therapeutic dose, not 5.

So I'm certain that if I tried to overdose, the worst that would probably happen is pass out in my home for a couple days and then wake up with a severe hangover. Of course if I tried it during the week, my work would call the police for a welfare check when I didn't show up, and if I tried it on the weekend my parents would...so even though I live on my own I would be found.

So knowing this won't work, I've tried to practice the tourniquet method as described on this site but can't get it tight enough, and I don't have a strong enough tie-off point in my house to try partial suspension. Or maybe these are just excuses because I'm too scared to actually go through with it. It is a terrible existence when one doesn't want to live but is to scared to die.

I don't know what the point of this post was really....just a wandering rant I guess. Thanks for bearing with me.

Reactions: Marystevenson1001, skitliv and Deutsch
Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
for partial maybe try a belt or some other thin but durable ligature and jam it between a door and wall and close it

Reactions: sky7