xlostie

xlostie

All I wanna hear is music
Aug 20, 2023
Today i remembered something from first aid class. As i recall we were talking what to do if someone accidentally drinks antifreeze. They told us it has sweet taste and that it is lethal (not huge amount required). As i remember, it takes like half an hour to start affecting your body, but not sure how many time it takes to shut it down completely. Also, don't know if the experience is bad. I read that at first isn't anything to worry about but later it might affect your kidneys and i guess that wouldn't be pleasant, but some articles said that you might just pass out. Someone familiar with the topic?

• Wow
Reactions: jemetire and TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Sounds absolutely horrendous šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

• Wow
Reactions: jemetire
J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
All i can say on the subject is it is indeed lethal. A long time ago I had a friend who ctb'd drinking antifreeze. I have no details about amount, etc. all i know is thats what they used and they died from it.

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I don't have much knowledge on the subject, but poisonings in general tend to be quite painful. How quickly they work depends on the type of poison and the quantity. I am really sorry that you are in this position. I'm sure you must be in a lot of pain. I hope everything goes well and that you can find peace.

XenoPyo

XenoPyo

ėˆˆģ„ ź°ģž
Aug 16, 2023
Anybody know of its painful?

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i actually thought of this the other day. i knew it was dangerous since i was a kid. walking my dog i'd look out for any spillage on the road. just looked it up briefly. sounds like stuff i can handle. didn't mention if there was pain but it can take up to 3 days. not sure if i'd be nauseous for most of that time.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Within 24 to 72 hours, a person who has ingested a significant amount of antifreeze can die as a result. Most commonly, death is preceded by kidney failure. It can also cause heart issues and brain damage.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori