DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I dunno. I am just so clouded in my mind

I started Zoloft 25ml about a year ago. My experience with my psychiatrist has consistently been awful. She has always invalidated me, saying that I have no reason to be depressed and "should be happy and grateful" for what I have. I have told her how I felt and about my trauma, but she always invalidates me. Since then she has upped my dose to 50ml. However I have made the personal choice to wean off. At first Zoloft seemed to work well. I didnt have any side effects. However my depression eventually hit worse. I also have borderline peronslaity disorder which is just awful.

I decided, no more. I dont want meds anymore. I discussed this with both my psychiatrist and my therapist and I am currently weaning off. my therapist is in for me wanting ot wean, but I wonder if I am making the right choice. Sure I could get better, but my psychiatrist is shit and I def need a new one. Then also, possible side effects such as weight gain (I am actively working to lose weight), worse suicidal thoughts, etc. Its basically dead with the side effects or CTB. CTB right now sounds like the best option

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Well, the thing you can try is cancelling medication to see how you feel without. If it gets worse, you can switch to something different and/or change psychiatrist. Medication is supposed to make you feel better or at least more manageable, not to make your mental health deteriorate. Especially if you are using it a larger period of time. Probably I told you, had issues with sertraline, last two weeks on it was a total misery, and had a depression I had not been experiencing even before therapy. Weight gain may be a big problem too because it is growing rapidly on medication like that. If you were overweight naturally, that would not be such a big problem, however, your blood vessels, heart, bones, muscles and the whole body cannot respond too quickly to a fast weight gain so they suffer from it.
I wish you a good luck in your tries. Well, all therapy is a way of attempts and failures...

Reactions: CivilizationV and Sensei
thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

Nós tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
I would just like to say: if you don't like your psychiatrist, if he/she don't understand what you are saying, try another one. It is better. That hole 'invalidation' thing is awful, really doesn't help

Reactions: Lostandlooking