• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
So, I talked to the doctor about possibly taking an antidepressant to see if it helps get through an ongoing situation. He said that they give you new energy to get things done. At the same time, one of the side effects is supposed to be tiredness. Why would it produce both?

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
So, I talked to the doctor about possibly taking an antidepressant to see if it helps get through an ongoing situation. He said that they give you new energy to get things done. At the same time, one of the side effects is supposed to be tiredness. Why would it produce both?

Never heard of anti depressants making you tired.

Reactions: inconsequential
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Why would it produce both?

Because the mechanism of their action is still largely unknown and different people respond differently to the same stimulus. They're pretty much "a shot in the dark".

Reactions: inconsequential, Orin and Severen
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Mental energy is more synonymous with motivation. The tiredness is a physical symptom. There are also many groups of very different drugs that work as antidepressants. SSRI, SNRI, MAOI, TCA, NDRI, the ketamine class, etc. and adjuncts like stimulants or antipsychotics

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Drugs can't "give you energy", some can make you feel energetic, but only food (mainly starch) "gives" you energy. Anti-depressants will do just about anything to anyone, your guess is as good your Dr. Nobody knows what those things do to humans. I call them 21st century lobotomies, and that's not an exaggeration.

Reactions: inconsequential, Severen and Boonks
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Drugs can't "give you energy", some can make you feel energetic, but only food (mainly starch) "gives" you energy. Anti-depressants will do just about anything to anyone, your guess is as good your Dr. Nobody knows what those things do to humans. I call them 21st century lobotomies, and that's not an exaggeration.

Good point. Very little research is done on these drugs before they are released to the public. They pretty sure just make sure, that shit wont kill you right away and then it gets sold on the market.

Reactions: inconsequential
Boonks

Boonks

Lowlife
Mar 2, 2019
Well said Divine Trinity! Yep. Could screw you for life like it did me. And getting off them once you're on them is next to impossible. The withdrawal can be disabling.

• Aww..
Reactions: jake3d
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
They pretty sure just make sure, that shit wont kill you right away and then it gets sold on the market.
Not even that, one of the side effects on most is "sudden death". It's relatively rare but...

Reactions: Severen and inconsequential