K

kitbarks

Jun 13, 2023
For a long time i had suicidal thoughts but always stayed far from antidepressants, but last year it was literally the only way to keep living, my life is better now than last year, but i still need them to keep working, the things is i believed that if you need a chemical to force you to not be miserable then you life is not worth living, but when i arrived at a boiling point, then just said fuck it, now once in a while i take them, but only when i really need it, i dont know, even now i still think the same way, i think that the only reason i need them is because my life is kind of meaningless and without purpose, because i am constantly sad for the state i am in, and if i lost access to those pills, CTB could be my only way out. do any of you take pills?

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Praestat_Mori and raltsrover
raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
Hi! Antidepressants, as any drug, have the purpose to cure an illness. It's NOT your fault that you deal with depression and it's not YOUR LIFE'S fault either. Some people are just born with a higher chance to get it. Medication is capable of helping you if you have the motivation to get better, it doesn't work on its own. Anyways, you're valid and nobody should judge you on your progress on getting better.

I wanted to ask you what antidepressant are you taking, as most of this drugs require a daily dose for them to properly work.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Praestat_Mori and kitbarks
Necrosis

Necrosis

En bokstavelig bjørn som later som om han er menne
Feb 23, 2023
I used to hate the mentality of "being a slave to a pill". I thought similarly to you. But I realized as an adult that it is medicine. It is made to help, and if it helps, use it. There is no shame in this. I use my own personal apothecary now for my own medicine because I believe I should use what the earth offers me to heal, but mostly because I do not wish to support pharmacies. I was on pills before though and they did help me get to a steady point of recovery. Politics and possible side effects aside, there is no reason not to help yourself with antidepressants. There is no reason to feel bad.

A point to mention because I see many people make this mistake, especially if they do not like taking pills, do not stop taking them because you finally feel "normal". You feel normal because they've started to work. They take awhile to regulate your brain. When it gets to that point, dont just stop taking them.

If you want to feel that way off pills then create a personal recovery plan. Ween yourself off of THEM SLOWLY...and start to practical your mental training as you ween. You'll lose your dependence and have the skill to get better sober. This is all easier said than done, and there will be failures and mistakes, but it is not impossible for everyone. It is dangerous to stop taking them because you think you van manage off of them. They are a tool you should take advantage of.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and kitbarks
K

kitbarks

Jun 13, 2023
Hi! Antidepressants, as any drug, have the purpose to cure an illness. It's NOT your fault that you deal with depression and it's not YOUR LIFE'S fault either. Some people are just born with a higher chance to get it. Medication is capable of helping you if you have the motivation to get better, it doesn't work on its own. Anyways, you're valid and nobody should judge you on your progress on getting better.

I wanted to ask you what antidepressant are you taking, as most of this drugs require a daily dose for them to properly work.
fluoxetine hydrochloride, thanks for the advice!
I used to hate the mentality of "being a slave to a pill". I thought similarly to you. But I realized as an adult that it is medicine. It is made to help, and if it helps, use it. There is no shame in this. I use my own personal apothecary now for my own medicine because I believe I should use what the earth offers me to heal, but mostly because I do not wish to support pharmacies. I was on pills before though and they did help me get to a steady point of recovery. Politics and possible side effects aside, there is no reason not to help yourself with antidepressants. There is no reason to feel bad.

A point to mention because I see many people make this mistake, especially if they do not like taking pills, do not stop taking them because you finally feel "normal". You feel normal because they've started to work. They take awhile to regulate your brain. When it gets to that point, dont just stop taking them.

If you want to feel that way off pills then create a personal recovery plan. Ween yourself off of THEM SLOWLY...and start to practical your mental training as you ween. You'll lose your dependence and have the skill to get better sober. This is all easier said than done, and there will be failures and mistakes, but it is not impossible for everyone. It is dangerous to stop taking them because you think you van manage off of them. They are a tool you should take advantage of.
gotta remember that, gonna try taking them regularly

Reactions: raltsrover and Praestat_Mori
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
From personal experience, anti-depressants are emotional painkillers. They can help numb the pain but don't fix whatever the underlying issue is.

Think of taking painkillers for a broken leg: they make you a bit more comfortable but your leg is still broken.

raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
fluoxetine hydrochloride, thanks for the advice!

gotta remember that, gonna try taking them regularly
Okay, your antidepressant needs regular use. Try setting up an alarm to remember. This type of medication can really help some people, but if it's not the case talk to your doctor. The good thing about this med is that you gradually start generating more serotonin receptors, making the effect last even when you stop taking it.

Reactions: kitbarks
DCLXVI

DCLXVI

I hate everything.
Oct 29, 2023
For a long time i had suicidal thoughts but always stayed far from antidepressants, but last year it was literally the only way to keep living, my life is better now than last year, but i still need them to keep working, the things is i believed that if you need a chemical to force you to not be miserable then you life is not worth living, but when i arrived at a boiling point, then just said fuck it, now once in a while i take them, but only when i really need it, i dont know, even now i still think the same way, i think that the only reason i need them is because my life is kind of meaningless and without purpose, because i am constantly sad for the state i am in, and if i lost access to those pills, CTB could be my only way out. do any of you take pills?
I've been on antidepressants for literally half of my life. The way my doctor described it to me was like this; when you're put on antidepressants, there's about a 50% chance you'll be able to stop taking them at some point and be fine. If you've been on antidepressants before and you're being put on them again, there's about a 25% chance you'll be able to stop taking them and be fine, and so on so forth.
I've been on just about every antidepressant there is. And I can definitely say that no matter what, medication alone will not heal you completely. There will always be that sadness lurking in the corners of your mind, waiting for it's time to rear it's ugly face.
However, I can also definitely say that when I stop talking my meds, there's a significant difference. I am quite literally a danger to myself and to society without medication, and I'm sadly not joking even a little bit. I've been institutionalized on more than one occasion for being the crazy, depressed, enraged little fuck I am.

Last edited: