E

Even

Feb 4, 2024
If some antidepressants numb emotions for some people, couldn't they help with the fear of dying if you feel like that could hold you from commiting suicide if you decided to?

verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
most antidepressants have warnings stating that they can increase the frequency and strength of suicidal thoughts while you're adapting to them, but I don't think that has to do with numbing of fear and emotions. In my personal experience this "numbness" would lead more to a lack of resolve to plan anything, but it might also make you functional, thus more capable to enact a plan, but I wouldn't attribute that to lack of fear. Different people have different experiences with medication though. If you're talking about a lessening of the survival instinct, I don't think antidepressants have any impact on that.

Reactions: LunarLight
E

Even

Feb 4, 2024
most antidepressants have warnings stating that they can increase the frequency and strength of suicidal thoughts while you're adapting to them, but I don't think that has to do with numbing of fear and emotions. In my personal experience this "numbness" would lead more to a lack of resolve to plan anything, but it might also make you functional, thus more capable to enact a plan, but I wouldn't attribute that to lack of fear. Different people have different experiences with medication though. If you're talking about a lessening of the survival instinct, I don't think antidepressants have any impact on that.

Thanks for the response