Wamone

Wamone

Feb 7, 2019
I truly feel that anyone who is actively trying to shut down this forum is evil. I've never been able to understand what is wrong with some people, they disguise themselves with a veneer of "empathy" while actively harming others ! Blind to the consequences of their ignorance, as long as it doesn't affect them. CTB should be a right, just like free speech is supposedly a right also... It's not ! It's just another lie they tell themselves. If it were, we would be discussing suicide openly without any dumb taboos.

How is it ? This world won't let you live, doesn't let you find peace or fullfilmente here, but it won't let you die either ? Talk about the definition of confinement and torture ! I am sorry, I am truly beyond angry at this point, it just baffles me that so many people are talking such smack about this site, on tv, youtube, etc... trying to shut it down. I am so pessimistic, I am sorry to say this, but I think it is a matter of time until they achieve this.

We deserve peace, that's all. Just as they have got your peace, a fulfilled life or whatever. I couldn't do it, so let me be !

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc, Next-to-Nil and 19 others
assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
i hope it's okay for me to vent here as well. i'm so broken. i literally live in a country that allows people to help one another to kill themselves and i still can't find anyone who is willing to help me kill myself. i can't find anyone who actually wants to help me live either. they just pretend. i can't take it anymore. it's unbearable

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, berniata, Next-to-Nil and 6 others
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
I wouldn't call them evil. A lot of them are genuine people that try to help. The only problem is that they're not actually helping, but ruining our only hope. They are just misguided people that do not understand how we feel and what it's best for us, and I don't blame them. We live in a society that heavily discourages suicide by portraying it as something heartbreaking, depressive, bitter and sorrowful, as it is something that must be avoided at all costs. These people are just following what society told them to do.

Other than that, I would be devastated if SaSu was to be shut down. It made me feel understood for the fist time and actually kept me alive a little more, unlike the rest of the world.

• Hugs
Reactions: peacesoon, hungry_ghost, Professor K and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people certainly disgust me. It's extreme cruelty to want to force people to suffer, it's like they forget that we are all just destined to die anyway and that continuing to exist is just delaying the inevitable. People should just be able to die peacefully exactly when they want to and others shouldn't have a say in it. It's not their life after all, and it's really evil to wish to take suicide method information away from people. There is simply no benefit to being tortured and endlessly suffering, of course it would be different if something happened to them to make them wish to die.

Those types of people are just so blinded by their delusions and privileges and I believe that the fact that suicide is a rational solution scares them and they don't want to accept it. But it's simply the reality that for so many in this world existence is simply not worth enduring and to me it makes sense to feel this way.

• Love
Reactions: Parmelia, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
i hope it's okay for me to vent here as well. i'm so broken. i literally live in a country that allows people to help one another to kill themselves and i still can't find anyone who is willing to help me kill myself. i can't find anyone who actually wants to help me live either. they just pretend. i can't take it anymore. it's unbearable
wow what country is that? can I come? is N available there? in what consist that "help"?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Vry sry understand how, awful species cruel force sufferi 0 empath no see endle problm many suffer imposbl solve this all awful, no see all day many ppl animal suffer etc, awful species force live force suffer. Now trap me injury damage trap many ppl no way out no peace

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, zeenatax and Wamone
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I truly feel that anyone who is actively trying to shut down this forum is evil. I've never been able to understand what is wrong with some people, they disguise themselves with a veneer of "empathy" while actively harming others ! Blind to the consequences of their ignorance, as long as it doesn't affect them. CTB should be a right, just like free speech is supposedly a right also... It's not ! It's just another lie they tell themselves. If it were, we would be discussing suicide openly without any dumb taboos.

How is it ? This world won't let you live, doesn't let you find peace or fullfilmente here, but it won't let you die either ? Talk about the definition of confinement and torture ! I am sorry, I am truly beyond angry at this point, it just baffles me that so many people are talking such smack about this site, on tv, youtube, etc... trying to shut it down. I am so pessimistic, I am sorry to say this, but I think it is a matter of time until they achieve this.

We deserve peace, that's all. Just as they have got your peace, a fulfilled life or whatever. I couldn't do it, so let me be !
I'm with you, though I'd say most are just naive to suffering. I'm in a bereavement group after my husband of 25 years died in April. I've spent through my money, quit my fulfilling job and am now perfecting a slip knot. I'm reluctant to mention my suicidal thoughts to the group or my family, because that will trigger a welfare check from the cops, which will land me in the psych ward of the county hospital here.
The couple of people left in my life who still talk to me say "Don't even talk that way. You have so much to live for." To which I reply, "Are you fucking kidding me? I've just laid out to you every thing that's gone south in my life, and you say that to me?" Why in the world do I need to go on? Just let me do this and don't fuck it up with some heroics that will only put me in more pain.
This forum has been a lifeline (hahaha) to me since I joined. At least there's a sense of community here.

• Love
Reactions: missingpeace, Wamone and SamTam33
kanashikunaika

kanashikunaika

It's sad, isn't it?
Jan 25, 2023
I think I know why they think the way they do. Anti-suicide people haven't experienced the same kind of lows as people on this site, and it's pretty difficult to understand something you've never experienced. For them, every time they've been sad or struggling, they've gotten better and gotten help. Although I do think people on this forum could get better, not everyone can, and it's tremendously difficult to get to the point of 'okay.' But they feel sad every time they see someone who couldn't get there, they feel pity. They want to avoid those uncomfortable feelings and the realization that everything is in fact not okay because that's a difficult thing to face.

IMO, if people really care about saving lives and improving the quality of life for people everywhere, they should focus on fixing the problems that led to a site like this being made in the first place. Suicidal people are not the problem, they're the symptom of bigger issues, and I wish this site would work as a reminder for anti-suicide people that life is a lot worse than they can imagine for other people.

Unfortunately, I worry that trying to explain this to them would fall on deaf ears as much as the abortion debate does. Cause once again, abortion is a SYMPTOM of bigger problems, not the problem itself. Things like this drive me crazy, so I get where you're coming from.

Reactions: sserafim, Professor K, Wamone and 3 others
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I think I know why they think the way they do. Anti-suicide people haven't experienced the same kind of lows as people on this site, and it's pretty difficult to understand something you've never experienced. For them, every time they've been sad or struggling, they've gotten better and gotten help.
I agree with this assessment.

But the part I don't understand is why they go out of their way to interfere with the wishes of someone they can't identify with?

I'm not in a wheelchair, but if there was a community of wheelchair-bound individuals advocating for wider doorways - why the hell would I try to stop them?

I can't identify with them. I can use my imagination, but I don't know what it's like to be them - so why spend time trying to deprive them of something that would make their lives easier?

It's the same mindset of people who interfere with equal opportunity treatment.

No one is asking YOU to give up anything. They're imploring that everyone gets the same opportunities as you.

Fighting against that is evil. Any way you slice it - pure evil.

Same thing with suicide. We're not asking YOU to die. You don't have to do anything at all. Just don't stand in the damn way, fighting against something just for the hell of it.

Reactions: Parmelia, sserafim, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

But the part I don't understand is why they go out of their way to interfere with the wishes of someone they can't identify with?

I'm not in a wheelchair, but if there was a community of wheelchair-bound individuals advocating for wider doorways - why the hell would I try to stop them?

I can't identify with them. I can use my imagination, but I don't know what it's like to be them - so why spend time trying to deprive them of something that would make their lives easier?

No one is asking YOU to give up anything. They're imploring that everyone gets the same opportunities as you.

Same thing with suicide. We're not asking YOU to die. You don't have to do anything at all. Just don't stand in the damn way, fighting against something just for the hell of it.
Couldn't have put it better myself. These assholes, "You have so much to live for!" I've just told you all the reasons I'm killing myself. Some dicks just want to be the hero.
"College student saves mother of two children, impoverished, from jumping to her death. Is recognized as a hero. Kids are in foster care, mother has been released to a homeless shelter."

I think I'm going to do it now. I'm old, and all of you are way younger than me. I have a dead husband and a 35-year-old daughter, with her own kid on the way. I didn't realize this forum was for teens. Godspeed to you all. I'm bowing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I wouldn't call them evil. A lot of them are genuine people that try to help. The only problem is that they're not actually helping, but ruining our only hope. They are just misguided people that do not understand how we feel and what it's best for us, and I don't blame them. We live in a society that heavily discourages suicide by portraying it as something heartbreaking, depressive, bitter and sorrowful, as it is something that must be avoided at all costs. These people are just following what society told them to do.

Other than that, I would be devastated if SaSu was to be shut down. It made me feel understood for the fist time and actually kept me alive a little more, unlike the rest of the world.
Agree with you completely, it's a lot more grey and nuanced than good versus evil. While I would say there are bad actors out there, who purposefully keep others alive against their will for less than altruistic motivations (i.e. Viewing people as human resources to be used as a means of orchestrating profits or productivity in the case of many business models) most people just have no clue what it's like to want to die, and parrot whatever they've heard in the media about suicide.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions as they say, and this idiom fits the suicide prevention doctrine like a glove. The vast majority of people don't want loved ones or strangers to die, especially if they see their death as being preventable. They view all suicide prevention measures as being life-saving, healing interventions that will always steer a person down a path that will lead to a happy and healthy life.

I know someone who volunteers for a hotline, and they genuinely believe they are doing life-saving work, and practicing stewardship as a good samaratin. There is no question in their mind that the script they read from during those phone calls is saving lives and improving the wellbeing of those strangers on the other line, although they do have some minor criticisms of how the hotline is run. The service is viewed as a noble and charitable pursuit, albeit one with a couple flaws.

No matter what, these services and guidelines are perceived as something inherently righteous from a moral perspective. The authorities who are calling the shots when it comes to influencing the public perception of suicide genuinely believe that they are doing a good deed that is akin to saving a drowning stranger from the sea when they take away an individual's ability to choose life or death for themselves. Once you become cognizant of this, you realize that they do have the most of pure of heart intentions, it is simply the execution that is seriously flawed.

The issue lies at the crux of how suicidal ideation is portrayed in media, public policy, and scientific literature. For decades, a very rigid narrative has been pushed, wherein all suicidal ideation has been characterised as a temporary ailment born from a brief stint of "mental illness" AKA depression. No matter your background, health history, environment, or existing comorbidites, you will always be shoved into this temporary problem box when you present to anyone else with suicidality.

Now, imagine if we took this approach with any other health condition (To be clear, I don't believe suicidality should be automatically classed as a disease in itself because of how dynamic and variable it presents, although that's an entirely different discussion to be had). For example, if we treated a person with a longterm autoimmune disease the same as a person who has a short-term bacterial infection. The symptoms may appear the same initially, but the underlying etiology and pathology are very distinct beasts.

It would be seen as negligence and medical malpractice if we continued to push penicillin onto someone with Chron's dease, knowing that they don't have a bacterial infection in need of antibiotics. However, ignoring the root cause of symptoms (and the failure of certain inventions to ameloriate them) is perfectly acceptable and standard practice when it comes to dealing with suicidal patients.

This creates a negative feedback loop, where suicidal people continually receive the same bunk advice over and over again, as if eventually the one size fits all approach will finally put the shoe on the right foot. There is no humanistic method to this madness, no attempt to understand what drives a person to become suicidal in the first place, only sterile clinical assumptions that any suicidal feeling is born out of pure irrationality. It is treated like irrefutable truth that we are all loved and have bright futures ahead of us no matter what.

Rationality does not prevail in the so called mental health industry. There is such an obsession with litigiousness and accountability, and this culture binds the hands of consultants, therapists, social workers, and other mandated reporters. They are not allowed to ever acknowledge that some people cannot be helped by the rudimentary techniques we have at our disposal today, even if the evidence is staring them right in the face.

A massive cultural cognitive dissonance exists when it comes to suicide, wherein the default assumption is that everyone can be saved, and there are no exceptions to this rule. When it comes to any other disease out there, we can admit that some people will not improve, and cannot be cured, even with modern medical science. When it comes to suicidality though? Blasphemy to even suggest that some individuals cannot recover from it no matter how hard they try.

The cruelty isn't intentional, most people do sincerely believe that the basal state of being alive is a blessing in itself, and that anyone who would willingly terminate their own life regardless of its quality is a heretic. Your everyday live live laugher cannot fathom what it is like to go through hellish physical or emotional pain every day for years upon years, with no reprieve or break from it. People tend to view life as a series of up and downs, not realizing that some may never reach the highs, or experience them for such a miniscule amount of time that those good moments have vanished in the blink of an eye.

Fundamentally, they just cannot understand that there are those of us out there who do not want to nurse our wounds until we inevitably expire from old age anyway. The relentlessly optimistic mindset dictates that a new leaf can always be turned over, it's always darkest before the dawn, but this isn't the sacred truth of the universe. In my situation, I will continue to be in worse pain as I age because I have a degenerative condition, yet people are blind to that and think that trying to cheer me up or instilling false hope or positive delusions is the way.

They don't know harmful it is to just not give people the choice to let go when they've endured so much pain that they can't hardly bear it any longer. To me, that is vehemently unethical, but to the majority the mindset that force should be used to keep a person alive is something noble and righteous, because they always think happiness is just on the horizon.. No matter how naive or false that assumption may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and ilovecats
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
I think they should be repeatedly SA'd, abandoned, made to sell their bodies for basic sustenance, forced to pay back imaginary debts under threat of beatings on a daily basis, then dumped on a desolated road in the middle of winter with the next cellphone tower over 50 kilometers away, make that walk, and then have CTB denied to them. See how they feel.

Reactions: kernel_panic