Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
I want to live and wait for potential cures for my illnesses but my pain and mental health is eating me alive. I don't want to mess up myself even more but I'm afraid I really need anti-depressants to get through for at least a bit longer. Each day feels like a nightmare but I don't want to die

Please list all positive and negative experiences

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and suicidal-raven
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Have you been on antidepressants before? I just started on 50mg sertraline. Been it for about 2 weeks. I feel less depressed and less anxious and don't think about ctb as much. As for the side effects, I had to deal with about a week of feeling really nauseous and it's messing with my sleep a little bit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Desdemona
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I am here because of anti depressants.

Anhedonia, sexual dysfunction, and zero energy.

Be careful.

• Hugs
Reactions: chrisbate7, Ghost2211 and Desdemona
Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
Have you been on antidepressants before? I just started on 50mg sertraline. Been it for about 2 weeks. I feel less depressed and less anxious and don't think about ctb as much. As for the side effects, I had to deal with about a week of feeling really nauseous and it's messing with my sleep a little bit.

No never tried that's why I'm worried :( thank you for sharing your experience!
I am here because of anti depressants.

Anhedonia, sexual dysfunction, and zero energy.

Be careful.

I already can't leave my house or socialize due to my illnesses, have 0 energy or will to live. Not like relationships are on the table for me anyways. I'm sorry this was your experience though. Would you mind sharing what you took?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and Ghost2211
suicidal-raven

suicidal-raven

There are many of us in one mind.
Nov 2, 2020
I've tried anti-depressants before and they worked wonders for me (for a while) but I have treatment resistant depression so they only last a little while. But when they do work, I feel better and less heavy. They can really help a lot, just be wary of side effects, but don't be afraid of them. They can really help you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Desdemona and Ghost2211
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
No never tried that's why I'm worried :( thank you for sharing your experience!

I already can't leave my house or socialize due to my illnesses, have 0 energy or will to live. Not like relationships are on the table for me anyways. I'm sorry this was your experience though. Would you mind sharing what you took?

Prozac

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I took antidepressants for a couple years, and for that time they worked pretty well. After a while they did stop working, and the options I was given is changed meds or increase dose. I did not want either of those options because I felt that the issues in my life or tangible problems that should be fixed not medicated. The only negative side effect I got was a major loss of sex drive.

if you've never tried an antidepressant before then it might be worth trying. They affect everybody in different ways, and for some people they work very well. Whatever medication your doctor recommends I would suggest you do some research on the side effects and the pros and cons of taking it before you start it. It's always best to take an active role in what medication as you are given if possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Desdemona
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Seeing my psychiatrist today, she told me if my meds didn't work she'd put me on stronger happy pills. Lol.

Well they havnt worked. None of them. Been on various dosages of Sertraline as well as various other meds. Just none of it works, I might as well be on no meds at all. But who knows, they may help you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Desdemona
WaitForSleep

WaitForSleep

Nov 23, 2019
I've been taking Prozac for years at varying dosages. Took Celexa for a time but the brain zaps were awful. Also took Abilify (aripiprazole) but I don't remember much of anything about being on it (sometimes I wonder if my terrible memory is more from depression, or antidepressants!). Right now I've been on Wellbutrin (bupropion) for the past 2-3 weeks, but I haven't noticed anything so far other than being quick to anger/rage and lack of appetite

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Personally I am a fairly big proponent of meds because they helped me immensely in the past. Effexor and mirtazapine put my depression into remission for about four years. They call the combination "California rocket fuel". But this was before my health issues. Now nothing I have tried works and I've tried 12+ meds.