_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019

the waves will come again and again, i can't get that thought of earth trying to get rid of humanity out of my head lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: meerpasta, Brillet, terry_a_davis and 8 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
And it will still avoid me , and go to some innocent poor people, no matter what i do.

• Hugs
Reactions: meerpasta, I screwed up, x-Ace-x and 12 others
N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019
hm. there are more important things in life to worry about, such as "recovery" from depression, going to work etc.

Nevertheless, take reasonable precautions to protect yourself (but don't get paranoid).

Reactions: ExoticAir, Pineapplecrown, autumnal and 2 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Our newspapers were scaremongering about a more potent virus which can wipe out half the planet and you guessed it, the poor chickens will get the blame, lol
I think we should be more worried about global warming and the antarctic and polar ice caps melting there is more dangerous pathogens and viruses not seen before which could be consumed by wild animals and fish that can pass to humans.

The most frightening virus's are the one's created in a lab and now Pandora's box has been opened who knows whats in store I think the cockroach will inherit the earth.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Brackenshire, theboiwhostilllived, Lost_the_will2_live and 5 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Another Virus strain has been found in china and its spreading
[...]
the waves will come again and again, i can't get that thought of earth trying to get rid of humanity out of my head lmao

I'm no scientist, but I believe it's the same strain of Covid-19, not a new or different one.

Reactions: Cashewmilk, Vault of Memories and _Minsk
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Cashewmilk, ERASED and 3 others
STK

STK

Apr 2, 2020
So, the end of the world? With my bad luck I'll probably be from those who will survive

..... same. Although, are they saying this is genuinely happening right now or that it has potential?

E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
I hope it reaches me.

Reactions: Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Good :devil:

Reactions: ERASED
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I thought it was a resurgence. Second waves are common, and the way the UK potato hive mind is behaving it's almost a given here, but I think as yet the uptick in cases is down to a resurgence once the first wave has spread out, then settled into the population, increasing in prevalence as people get complacent.

Reactions: autumnal
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Forget the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, the entire human population will be wiped out by the end of 2020

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I am not a doctor either, though I play one in bed.

There are already multiple variants of SARS-CoV-2, S and L. There were there since the beginning. One has a higher infection rate and the other a lower infection rate but higher mortality rate. I haven't seen updated information on this or DNA samples of others. I may ask a biologist friend of mine as I had to dig up the original DNA sequence for him to look over.

China has had an almost questionably low total number of cases. I can't help but to be skeptical of any information that comes from there. I don't trust the leadership, nothing against the people.

There is no way to contain a virus in today's world, only slow. It was interesting to check the John Hopkin's map in the very beginning. Only a short time in and already there were cases in the most "remote" parts of the world. It truly showed you how mobile we are.

There are going to be resurgences, and mutations, forever. I doubt this is going to be the end of the world, but another might be. Eventually a possible vaccine will be made, if one can be had, or heard immunity will kick in that will keep things far more manageable. Well, treatment is getting far better as well. There are some studies, small sample size, that raise questions on whether we can have long term immunity.

With all that said, there are better treatments being had in the hospitals. Even though cases in the US are back to an almost exponential growth, currently, the death rates are still on the decline, or plateaued. This could be due to better treatment, the fact that more people are outside getting sun exposure or both.

My recommendation is first to get a good amount of sleep nightly and if you do not get sun exposure, modestly supplement Vitamin D. Too high of a dose actually starts to harm you, shown in various ARDS studies, and erases the benefits or cause harm. While the west tried turning this into yet another race baiting affair, you will find dark skinned races and subgroups, for sure in northern climates, are highly deficient in Vitamin D. We are talking extremely low levels. Keep in mind, the melanin in the skin blocks UVB light which is needed for your body to create Vitamin D. You will find on the opposite side that lovely redheads can easily produce Vitamin D because of their fair skin.

Sorry for rambling…

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Deleted member 1465, 262653 and 2 others
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
There

There are already multiple variants of SARS-CoV-2, S and L. There were there since the beginning. One has a higher infection rate and the other a lower infection rate but higher mortality rate. I haven't seen updated information on this or DNA samples of others. I may ask a biologist friend of mine as I had to dig up the original DNA sequence for him to look over.

China has had an almost questionably low total number of cases. I can't help but to be skeptical of any information that comes from there. I don't trust the leadership, nothing against the people.

There is no way to contain a virus in today's world, only slow. It was interesting to check the John Hopkin's map in the very beginning. Only a short time in and already there were cases in the most "remote" parts of the world. It truly showed you how mobile we are.

There are going to be resurgences, and mutations, forever. I doubt this is going to be the end of the world, but another might be. Eventually a possible vaccine will be made, if one can be had, or heard immunity will kick in that will keep things far more manageable. Well, treatment is getting far better as well. There are some studies, small sample size, that raise questions on whether we can have long term immunity.

With all that said, there are better treatments being had in the hospitals. Even though cases in the US are back to an almost exponential growth, currently, the death rates are still on the decline, or plateaued. This could be due to better treatment, the fact that more people are outside getting sun exposure or both.

My recommendation is first to get a good amount of sleep nightly and if you do not get sun exposure, modestly supplement Vitamin D. Too high of a dose actually starts to harm you, shown in various ARDS studies, and erases the benefits or cause harm. While the west tried turning this into yet another race baiting affair, you will find dark skinned races and subgroups, for sure in northern climates, are highly deficient in Vitamin D. We are talking extremely low levels. Keep in mind, the melanin in the skin blocks UVB light which is needed for your body to create Vitamin D. You will find on the opposite side that lovely redheads can easily produce Vitamin D because of their fair skin.

Sorry for rambling…

There's at least two memorable quotes in here

"I am not a doctor either, though I play one in bed."
"lovely redheads can easily produce Vitamin D because of their fair skin."

Thank you

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Lunarhour
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018

Sorry for rambling…
The mobility of a disease through the population is interesting and possibly somewhat predictable. I'd suggest there may be commonalities with the spread of computer viruses via hubs, then local distribution/control/resurgence/mutation/waves.

The vitamin D link is interesting too. My limited understanding is that one of the roles Vit D has is in regulating the body's immune response, so that any virus can be dealt with appropriately.

Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
They're still talking about COVID-19 it sounded like. So it's the same strain of coronavirus as autumnal stated.

Reactions: autumnal
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Is there anything new about that virus?