sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
hey guys, my SN is in a plastic sealable bag, and the bag itself is in a box, but the last time i took out SN, it had some rips on the bag. is it gonna go bad, or is it fine since the bag is in a box?

landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
The stick thread should help:

Reactions: sundown12
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Is the SN inside the bag actually exposed to open air? Can SN spill out? Or is it just superficial damage? It's likely okay if it hasn't been exposed to open air. I don't think it being in a box would help it in any way unless the box is airtight.

Wait for more answers, though. And maybe provide a bit more info on the damage, if you can. Maybe some pics too (obscure any traceable info like the company name and whatnot).

sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
there were a couple of small rips on the bag, nothing serious, and i stored the box in a dark dry place.
i've just removed SN from the bag and put it into airtight container, but I'm worried something might happen since I opened the bag and exposed SN to air.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
there were a couple of small rips on the bag, nothing serious, and i stored the box in a dark dry place.
i've just removed SN from the bag and put it into airtight container, but I'm worried something might happen since I opened the bag and exposed SN to air.
Make sure the container is truly airtight, with minimal space for air to sit inside (if it were a bag of chips, you'd want the chips to be nearly filling the entire bag with little room for air). And look into getting oxygen and moisture absorbers ASAP so you can toss a few in there (they aren't very expensive), as that will be crucial for the long term storage of your SN.

SN doesn't go bad that quickly, but it's still best not to open it at all unless you're testing it (and have a viable storage solution available), or you're just about to use it. I would've kept the SN in the bag, if the rips weren't very serious and didn't expose the SN to the air.

sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
okay, i've just ordered moisture absorbers. thank you for your input, i hope my SN will be fine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller