I'm so tired, I can't sleep
Oct 15, 2022
Here I am again, typing up a paragraph on the forum that gives me some sense of security and comfort while i have nobody else to speak to. I lie down in my semi-comfortable bed, just absolutely wishing for a night of rest. One night of tranquility and sanctuary from the endless, slow-paced days that seem to ravage my psyche even more. All I can ask for while in distress is a night of rest that will replenish my energy levels for the day. It seems as if I am completely accustomed to just staying awake until dawn. May the condascending, under-qualified "professionals" who didn't give me sleep medications have a good rest. I hope they are sleeping well with the knowledge that I am in a state of excruciating psychological pain. ☺

I'm going to shut my eyes and visualize actual sleep for a bit.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, ColorlessTrees and whatevs
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
that happened the first time i started trying meds, back before i had an actual doctor
the person who would have been prescribing me told me she wasnt giving me anything for sleep because it was 'my environment' keeping me awake, regardless of the fact i told her that was rarely true

its funny because flash forward another 2-3 years when i finally have a primary care provider and its hardly even a conversation
and honestly the pills i was on all helped a *lot* with the sleep, they just also had extra side effects like making my restless leg syndrome worse- which defeats the whole purpose of the sleeping pills lol

the only reason im not still trying new meds is because the combination i was on put me in the ER twice and that really burned me out, ive been cold-turkey for most of the year now

hopefully they start to take things seriously or you otherwise find something that helps
insomnia is a son of a bitch for sure

Reactions: 777
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it horrific how such a thing as insomnia even exists. It's awful enough having to be aware and conscious during the day but when sleeping is such a struggle then it's even more of a nightmare being here. I hope that you find a way to get the rest you are looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: 777
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've had insomnia for years I guess I'm lucky melatonin works for me.