Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I really don't know what I should do or whether I will commit suicide (in the near future at least--it's very difficult to imagine anything like having a life I would actually want). If I do, I know that I don't want to go by hanging, jumping (already passed by a few bridges and I hate heights), or guns (don't like the mess or having to pay that kind of $ just to die--illogical, but true to my values, I guess). Asphyxiation doesn't appeal to me either. Of course, if I'm in the mood I may take a leap, but would prefer another option. What else is there? I've thought of self-immolation in a public setting, but this feels more like fantasy to me.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I really don't know what I should do or whether I will commit suicide (in the near future at least--it's very difficult to imagine anything like having a life I would actually want). If I do, I know that I don't want to go by hanging, jumping (already passed by a few bridges and I hate heights), or guns (don't like the mess or having to pay that kind of $ just to die--illogical, but true to my values, I guess). Asphyxiation doesn't appeal to me either. Of course, if I'm in the mood I may take a leap, but would prefer another option. What else is there? I've thought of self-immolation in a public setting, but this feels more like fantasy to me.
There is cutting, drowning, freezing, and poisoning (wide variety), to name a few others. May I ask what puts you off about asphyxiation? To me, it's one of the most appealing methods, because it's allegedly a very peaceful way to go (referring to only CERTAIN gases e.g. He, N, CO.) The main issues are having the technical knowledge for a successful setup, and access to required materials. Or do you mean a different kind of asphyxiation?

Reactions: Grey-zone
V

voyager (D)

Jul 14, 2020
I've thought of self-immolation in a public setting, but this feels more like fantasy to me.

It feels more like the most intense pain that you can't even imagine now.

Who do you want to impress with?

Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
There is cutting, drowning, freezing, and poisoning (wide variety), to name a few others. May I ask what puts you off about asphyxiation? To me, it's one of the most appealing methods, because it's allegedly a very peaceful way to go (referring to only CERTAIN gases e.g. He, N, CO.) The main issues are having the technical knowledge for a successful setup, and access to required materials. Or do you mean a different kind of asphyxiation?
I have a fear of constricted spaces and breathing, and as with the fear of heights it isn't a method I would willingly choose, but I can see why it would appeal to others.
Who do you want to impress with?
No one. The fantasy of giving a middle finger to society and going out in a highly memorable manner is very compelling. Mass murder seems too derivative and, I don't use the world lightly, shameful or embarrassing.

V

voyager (D)

Jul 14, 2020
No one. The fantasy of giving a middle finger to society...

You can show the middle finger to society and stay alive. You can show society the middle finger and die. So, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

T

ThreeWords

“And the Sea, my friend, does not dream of you”
Jul 27, 2020
I have a fear of constricted spaces and breathing, and as with the fear of heights it isn't a method I would willingly choose, but I can see why it would appeal to others.

No one. The fantasy of giving a middle finger to society and going out in a highly memorable manner is very compelling. Mass murder seems too derivative and, I don't use the world lightly, shameful or embarrassing.

it may be worth having a look through some of the methods threads or LostAllHope for some ideas. But there's no rush with anything, it may be worth taking some time to explore options so you're comfortable with your decision you make, if that's what you decide.