Iman

Iman

Jan 24, 2019
What do you think about announcing the intent to catch the bus in advance?

Obviously, proclaiming that you will ctb in the next few days, will lead to dismay and people trying to stop you.

So what if, instead of a few days, you make it a year?
What about 5 or even 10 years?

Would increasing this time change anything?

Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
If you announce you are going to suicide you are ending up in a psych ward where they will give you strong medications that might brain damage you for a long period. I suggest you not to announce to anyone

Reactions: futur, TheRiverStyz, Pentobartbital and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Obviously, proclaiming that you will ctb in the next few days, will lead to dismay and people trying to stop you.
Not everyone has the best intentions on here and some do this to create drama and nothing more.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019
It takes a special kind of person to accept an admission of planned suicide, inasmuch as it takes extenuating circumstances for one to formulate said admission. In my experience others don't want to hear it or think it's pretending outside of three people.

As for change, this would be contingent on what occurs that'll either deter or cement your resolve to self-terminate. I think for even a year, an announcement would be ill-suited unless one has a verifiable terminal illness or interminably soul-crushing condition. Less if it's one-half of or an entire decade.

Reactions: Jc40, Strumgewehr and Iman